[Feature Discussion] Empire Shop Update v2

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You dont have to bake a sign? I am guessing you are something that has a horrible spellcheck. An Iphone perhaps?
  2. Gotcha. But what if you have 2 of the same pickaxe in one chest, and you want to sell them separately?
  3. lol no google chrome and some dyslexic fingers :p
  4. Sounds like you got it all covered... Im impressed..

Any eta on release?
  5. I dont think you can. It seems as if you need two seperate chests.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  6. I'm going to be honest: I don't see a problem with the current system. I do like some of the new features like an inbuilt database of shops for easy browsing of items but I really think that listing it by who sells it cheapest is wrong. Its going to cause all items to become stupidly low in price because everyone is competing to be top of the list or they will get no business what so ever, if my understanding is right. My shop may not be the cheapest but is well stocked. I don't think it wikl fare well with this new feature. I also dislike the fee to sellers, inflation has never been a problem before so why charge the humble shop keeper to sell items? Sorry but I am sceptical of how this will turn out. :(
  7. You mentioned in your post why the system will work fine. Stock. People who sell items for super cheap just to make sales will sell out quick and not make good money...and they'll be out of stock.
    Call_Me_DeJaja likes this.
  8. True so maybe I wont be so bad but I know for a fact that the smaller shops that people first make when they join the server will never get visited because they are higher priced and less stocked. The only way for them to make a well stocked, cheap shop is to start in this way and get a couple of customers and build from there. I know everyone has started their shop like this.
  9. You just blew meh mind.
  10. I, like a lot of previous posters, like this idea much more than the original, and thank you mods for listening.:)

The money sink makes sense to me, and I think you're %100 right, with no real cost or fees, all the daily sign in rupees given out each day just add up and add up, and eventually, that will be a problem. It's like the government just printing more currency (well, sort of).. eventually the value of the rupee gets so low and the economy crashes. This is kinda of like a luxury tax for convience... it makes sense to me, and if I understand it correctly, current shops will still have their regulars and local foot traffic, but also will increase their customer base. I like it!

One thing occured to me.. these guys at the helm.. justin and jeremy and their staff are the ones that crafted EMC and had the ideas to make it what it is today. I think we all agree EMC is pretty much the best server out there... I dont think they would impliment anything that wouldnt be an improvement. I have totally faith in them and look forward to seeing whats in store for us!
  11. Aikar, I love you. Sorry Max.
    sneeker134 likes this.
  12. Lol
  13. Not to bad idea, I half like it and half don't, everyone will go to the cheap shops and not to the big shops, and so how do u set it up? Type heaps of words into each sign? Over a chest? Or type a command into chat? I'm confused over this and the parts I do understand Im not to untested in. :(
  14. I agree, I know that the better stocked shops will do better but I think in the long run this could have a negative impact :/
  15. Think of this as a sort of index, if that helps.
  16. No not the chests!
  17. I don't see why barely anyone gets this, I got it all. A big chunk to chew, but I got it all, and I think it's a GREAT IDEA! We should go for it as soon as humanly possible :p
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  18. Do the chests still exist
  19. The chest fee is ONLY if you want the item quickly delivered to your vault which is accessed by the /vault command. And with this "delivery fee" coming, using your vault will no longer cost you 10Rupees every time :)
    oidgod and _Stads_ like this.
  20. Don't worry about how to do it. This post was just to tell you the ideas that will be put in place. We will have detailed guides on how to do everything step by step. It won't be any harder than it is right now, just a little different with more options to help you.

We're setting it up to make it better in the long run not worse. Everything we do is designed for that exact reason. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.