[Feature Discussion] Empire Shop Update v2

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes. It is 100% designed FOR the chests :)
  2. Which is great, because the whole website deal was the party pooper for me.
  3. Well I guess I'll just have to trust your awesomeness :p
  4. Well, adding stuff stuff to anything make it more complicated, am I right?
  5. Cool, read it and understand! How was that so hard to understand lolz :rolleyes:. Anyway, my question: ETA?
  6. Ahh ok thanks! :D
  7. In a way yeah, that's true for everything...but only for a little bit, of course. Think of starting a new job. It's scary and very intimidating. But, after a day or two you know everything you need to and already are creating shortcuts to make it even easier for you. :)
    Happyshopper likes this.
  8. Well thats what I meant. No matter what you do, its always gonna be that bit addition of minor difficulty.
  9. It will. But since it's such a great thing at the cost of just a little adaptability I for one think it's worth it :p
  10. At this point, I was just argueing for the sake of argueing.
  11. No kidding?
    ZimfurrY likes this.
  12. Ok, so those of you that fully understand, wanna write up a simpler summary for me? :p

I wrote this in the context of advanced MMO Patch notes... and I guess the bigger MMO's like WoW are more adult oriented who can understand these kind of notes haha (or are just use to them by now)...

As for price fluxation due to sorting by cheapest first.

Yes this system will cause an immediate flux in prices, and it will be rocky a little bit at first... But things will stabalize with time and I am considering some measures to combat anti competetive actions such as undercutting..

I'm thinking if you undercut everyone on the market and make the cheapest item and there is more than 5 other players selling the same item, then you will impose an additional 10% tax. If less than 5 people are selling the item, then no extra tax will be assigned.. What do you guys think of this idea?

This will encourage you to price your item the SAME as the cheapest item, and the buy/sell/quickbuy commands will randomize the order of all items that are the same price, giving equal exposure chance to everyone, and quickbuy will "spread out" the purchase of items from people with the same price, so if someone wants to buy 3000 cobblestone, everyone who's selling cobblestone the cheapest will get some sales.
  13. i read until the word OVERVIEW then stopped, looked like to much :p
  14. A government designed BY the chests, FOR the chests, and OF the chests
    ZimfurrY likes this.
  15. Wai wai wait...

*Inserts tax for selling items*
    *Removed Vault fee's*
  16. Would you really want to pay a fee to use quickbuy then have to pay another fee to retrieve the items?

I dunno, if justin thinks its a better idea we may make another /vault like thing with /shop collect or something, thats seperate from /vault, and leave the /vault fee.

Or, just drop the items directly in your inventory... but I have plans I wanted to look into about handling "not enough room", but we will do whatever it most makes sense on a technological level :)

But base idea for removing /vault is that well finally have a real money sink now, one that will vastly make up for removal of /vault fee
  17. Vault fee is probably the most money draining thing in the game, After /shop and locked chests. Seems strange to remove the fee.
  18. It won't be after this update is the point I was trying to make...
    10r is nothing really
  19. is there a way that chest shop owners can allow people to buy an unlimited amount?
  20. Correct me if I'm wrong, all, but the way I read it, you can ONLY allow people to buy an unlimited amount. The quantity limit is for the shop buying from a player, and is optional, but for a shop SELLING to a player, I don't think there is even a way to set a limit, short of only putting a limited amount in the chest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.