[Feature Discussion] Empire Shop Update v2

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. but how?
    :confused:
  2. Think of the /res commands: /res claim, /res tpset, /res pset, and so on. Most of the changes will be adding on to the /shop command.

So now there will be /shop buy, /shop sell, /shop quickbuy...
    Dwight5273, IcecreamCow and Manglex like this.
  3. I am very disappointed. This is the old system with fees, and the ability to find a shop quicker, and shopkeepers to have more control. This means anyone who wants to buy/sell has to make a shop, advertise a shop, keep the shop stocked.

This is why there are so few shops, because most people want to play the game of Minecraft, not the game of EMC Economy. Shops will still be the choke-point of the economy.

I understand the desire to control inflation through fees, but the cause of inflation is the shop system. Who controls prices? Shopkeepers.

I am still hoping we can give all citizens direct access to trade with each other without needing middlemen.
  4. This also adds quite a few new features if you read the whole post. :)

Likely, fees of some sort would have had to come at SOME point anyways, for the reason Aikar pointed out about how game economies work. We're just doing what HAD to be done anyways, BUT giving a lot of awesome features with it.
  5. Hell, i like this ;)

Good job guys.

Any eta?
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  6. Cookies for you my friend :)
    Manglex and PThagaard like this.
  7. Well, after reading through the entire first thread, reading and understanding the OP on this thread I must say, fantastic job. The new proposal seems to have addressed the majority of valid concerns. Thank you EMC staff for listening to our feedback!
    Call_Me_DeJaja and Dwight5273 like this.
  8. A more geekish question..

Is the wildcard searches possible along with 10 returns on a match, without creatimng more lag at high pressure hours.
  9. Whoooooo!!!! I like this a lot. I had my reservations about the previous idea for the shop system, but I don't see any disadvantages to it. Suree it may be hard for some people to understand right away, but as i understand it- they will more or less still be able to continue using the "old system " I see it as a great opportunity for all players. Larger shops will more than likely put in the work to use all the features. And newer shop owners can get their shop out there. Let us not forget the consumer who might actually be able to find what they want. Money sinks are very important, but I think there may still need to be some cross-server vault fee. Even if it is a deposit only fee but you can withdraw for free. Keep up the excellent work. I look forward to the release of this:D
  10. Alright so I kind of get this.

Just some flaws I noticed:

*With the fix for 3 enchantments. Maybe I missed something but what if you just want to sell 1 of a pick woth 3 enchanfments?
    *Does this mean that you are able to sell swords with 4 enchantments?
    *Is /shop stilling going to be on each server, as in the residence? If not, how is high price inflation going to be prevented?
    *With the supporter item finder perk: what if you want to go to the shop residence to avoid thr vault fee? Won't you have to pay 20r for the original vault?

Other than that, I look forward to seeing something new and I'm glad to see that the community was being listened to.
    PThagaard likes this.
  11. The fix for the three enchantments isn't really a fix but a workaround. You now sell an ENTIRE chest for one price; doesn't matter if it is a chest full of dirt or a chest with 27 different items. It gets more detailed in the OP, it just takes a couple read throughs
  12. Please !!!!
    Just let it stay the old way ???
    There is NO PROBLEMS?
    Why Change Something There Is SO GREAT?

Sorry for being abit mad....
    SuperVal_Junior likes this.
  13. Exactly.
  14. It is the old way with enhancements. :)

If we didn't add enhancements to our server it wouldn't be so great. We'd never have the shop we have now. We'd never have town...etc.
    ZimfurrY and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  15. Hmm.. Alot of your questions were already answered in the original post...

buying the package buys everything in a chest... it doesnt matter what enchants it has. contents is yours. So yes you can sell 4 enchant items.

The last subcommand is 'empire' which takes you to the same empire shop... All empire shop prices will remain in the system. As noted on quickbuy, it will go to the empire shop as a final resort.

as for the supporter perk, that just extends the power of quickbuy... It's not a vault fee, its just a convenience fee.

If you dont want to pay the fee, then dont confirm and switch servers and buy it manually.

And as noted, the vault fee in my opinion should be removed.. so unless justin vetos that idea (cause jeremy didnt), it would go away, so you can go to other server, buy item, then move it to your server.

on unrelated to your post note, new idea:
    i can even work in a command to automatically teleport you to a players chest that has the shop sign.. will figure out a good syntax and way to pull that off before releasing i think. Though it would make the comment system useless... what do you guys think? port to chest auto or use comments?
  16. While ridding of all spam is a wish that you shouldn't hold your breath for...this SHOULD eliminate a lot of it once the system becomes common (as it will in time...remember at one point a whole lot of people didn't have shops at all and had to get used to that system).

Now instead of ten lines of:

WHO HAS COAL WHO HAS COAL WHO AS COAL....

They can search for it. If somehow NOBODY has coal, it will list the Empire Shop which lets them know: "Hey, nobody has coal."
    Maxarias and Manglex like this.
  17. This would be done by a simple item db list that then references to an actual primary key. We wouldnt store the item id in the db as a string.

So lookup small table or in game database to find the key for the item you want, then query the actual shop database for that key.

Also, most of this will be done asynchronously (One of my specialties :)), so there will be no impact to overall server performance. The only delay you might see is when buying/selling items to get confirmation on stock/etc, but I have an idea on how to get around that.. but well see. If there is a delay, were talking about less than a half a second likely.
    Happyshopper and PThagaard like this.
  18. Even though I don't completely understand, I now love this idea. :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  19. It seems more confusing then the old system, but I think I just need a few more read throughs. But I am not exactly understanding what this is doing. Is it making an index of chest shops? Or is directly buying it using orders and deliveries?
  20. I read it and W0w!

All the new things sound awesome. The index of shops buying and selling is very cool, plus the /shop visit or buy and send to vault cross server, and the "package feature" can set up enchanted gear sets in the shop!
    Custom comments for items, I dont have to bake a sign to change something! Just to much good stuff!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.