[Feature Discussion] Empire Shop Update v2

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sellers GAIN extra profit.
  2. /make senior moderator Aikar
    migueldemesa likes this.
  3. Well in real life buyers and sellers only get a fee when it's on a credit card and stuff electronic. They they can also get a fee from tax but is the staff really gonna add tax to EMC? I don't understand why all of the sudden everything has to change to make selling things harder...
  4. PEOPLE WHO ARE SELLING FROM CHESTS GAIN PROFIT!!! Please explain Aikar
  5. No, sellers are not gaining profit, they are going to lose some of the sale.

The reasoning behind it is purely for health reasons... We NEED fees, or else the EMC Economy will slowly get bad.

Game economys work on the concept of income and money sinks. Money comes into the system each day from daily sign on bonus and voting, but nothing but /vault and eggification in wild really removes it.

Overall, the total amount of money in the economy grows every day, without any counters to keep it balanced.

Right now, it really is saturated with a few super rich players, but they hoard the money and run the shops themselves, so it hasn't done any damage, but over time... it can and will.

The fees are a way to add some much needed monkey sinks. This is part of keeping a healthy economy.

It wasn't required to add the fees to existing shops, but its what we want to do.. Plus, all existing shops will be 'updated' to the new (basically it will just add current stock to the sign)
    Just trust us on this..
  6. So far I've skimmed through the commands and am on the second pass through. I have a few questions/comments.

My first thought is that the first three new commands, /shop buy, sell, and quickbuy, would work well with the Macro mod(that we are no longer allowed to use). Are there any similar mods/Windows apps we could use instead? What would be really, really, really cool would be an add on shop mod that gives us a graphical shop interface to work with(hint, hint).

It's not clear to me what "globalshop" is. It sounds like if you are a NOT a supporter, the shop commands will only work on the current server. Would a regular user be able to switch servers to check other server's prices, or are they limited to only their "Home" server?

Setvisit and Visit: Will we now have the option of visiting someone's residence at their tpset location? How will this work if the /setvisit command has been issued? How do I visit someone's residence rather than their shop if they have both?

Does the Package sign only sell one item or will it sell mutiple "packages". The wording "the player will receive every item in the chest" , suggests that I would be selling one package at a time and I will have to restock the chest each time I sell a package. Is this correct? Reading it, I was kind of hoping I could sell multiple packages: Maybe a bow with a stack of arrows, a hoe with some seeds and a couple buckets of water, and so forth.
  7. Soooo people should just give up there mega shops cause they aren't going to make profit or slowly loose profit anyway....? wow this sounds.. awesome -_-
    MR2R2M likes this.
  8. The macros mod is still allowed to be used... Whoever told you otherwise is wrong.

Buy/sell are unaffected by globalshop. globalshop only gives "extended lookup" to the quickbuy command, letting you find cheaper prices if its cheaper on other servers.

To manual buy, you will still need to go to each server and search, then go buy from that players shop, but quickbuy is intended to just let you quickly buy an item and not care who its from.

This just lets you set another teleport location...

typing /shop visit aikar will teleport you to where i set /shop setvisit, but typing /v aikar will take you to the plain /res tpset.

You will be able to have 2 entry points essentially, and use different commands to go to them.

Everything in the chest is "The Package"...

Set up multiple chests and signs to sell multiple packages.

Now, I think your meaning multiple sets of the same package in 1 chest, but sorry that will be a little too much to do. Trying to specify every single item in a package and quantity will be sloppy and confusing.

This is a main reason I wanted to do a website based system, as the possibilities would be endless with not many technical barriers, but working in game on signs and chests limits us a lot... but this is the compromise well have to take.
    chickeneer likes this.
  9. You might want to have a chat with Twitch1:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/macro-keybind-mod-1-2-5-denied.5887/

Whether the Macros mod is allowed or not an EMC mod that made use of a graphic interface for the buy/sell commands and allowed hotkeys for some of the other commands would be really cool.
  10. I will forward him the info that we decided it will remain allowed..
  11. We've been having a few discussions about this. I think we're going to come to a different understanding with it. All of us feel the Macro part of the mod is awesome but a few players were using it to AFK and auto-hit things while they were gone (not allowed). We may have to just make a rule officially that using auto-click mods/programs aren't allowed. You can use the macro mod powerfully without setting it up to do that.

For now, take this as an okay to use it from me personally as long as it's NOT setup to do auto-clicking, which will result in kicks/tempbans/bans.
    Pab10S likes this.
  12. i just went through all of it and read the perks and features :p
  13. I'm not sure you understand what you read. Neither of those will happen.
  14. Haha xP probably not.. pretty tired right now
  15. if i have to pay fees i will have a - profit!! becouse (<---?) i never get business
  16. You would only pay a fee if you did sell... :)

This will just require players to adjust their shop prices to make up for the fees... It wont be nothing major..

I will have some logic in there that will adjust fees based on profit margins too I think, so that players wont be able to buy/resell to you and drain your rupees.

aka, fees cant be equal or greater than your profit margin. so shops like leo who only have 1r profit margin in theory will not pay fees... I don't know full details but will figure it out :)
  17. Read the whole thing kinda understood, i will prolly understand it when it comes out

Do what.jpg
    ^but this is my reaction after reading again again :p
    Call_Me_DeJaja and DogsRNice like this.
  18. this...thing that you have made....i cant comprehend....ummmm....:p
  19. I read it three times and I'm still like..
    Say Whaa.jpg
    kevdudeman and Dwight5273 like this.
  20. For those who are all like:

Here is the reader's digest version:

Chest shops are getting an awesome upgrade. If you like the economy feature of EMC, it's going to get a bit more fun to play.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.