Everyone read! [Closed]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Marshmallow369, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking... What is the name of the man?
  2. I think that question might be a little too personal, lets at least await a trial for the man.

(plus he might not know atm)
  3. Im not allowed to tell anyone. I also have no idea
    607 and wisepsn like this.
  4. Wow. Get well soon!
  5. What's special about you if you left?
    The same thing as everyone else.
    Nobody is more important than anyone else, and I suggest you start thinking like that otherwise you seem a bit full of yourself.
  6. Ok, apparently I have to be the monster here. I'm an incredibly skeptical person and have seen a lot of people use stories like this as a way to garner sympathy and attention or to cover for acting inappropriately towards others. I do not like to see other people's feelings taken advantage of and feel that I need to point a couple things out.

There is a major inconsistency here that I can't just ignore. You state in the original post that this incident occurred about a month ago. In review of your posting history I notice that you have been quite active since April 15 which is a little more than a month ago. I find it quite odd that someone could be involved in such a horrific event and still find time to post auctions and play games. I would think that you would have been in a state of recovery for a least a few weeks after taking 3 bullets to your body.

In addition to this you mention that your meds make you hallucinate and make you think you have items that you don't. I actually have some first hand experience with hallucinogenic drugs due to a head trauma injury I suffered as a child. Generally hallucinations do not include thinking you have things you don't and posting about them on an online forum (your "found" dragon egg). They are far more disturbing and uncontrollable. As such I feel you may be using this story to cover for a lie that you do not wish to be caught in.

Again, I realize some of you may see me as a monster for saying these things but I'm an adult who can often see things for what they really are and am not one to sit idly by and let people play with the emotions of others.

If I'm wrong then I'm sure that karma will punish me appropriately.
  7. I can confirm by speaking to him (without mention of this particular incident) that he is in fact recuperating (logically concluding he is at home or in the hospital). He's kind of stuck there, so why not play emc in the meanwhile? His tone above all else has been fairly consistent, as he believes he now has the time to start a business in game (as mentioned through a business discussion with me).
    Through my experiences in long-term recovery, stress coupled with medication can cause not so much "hallucinations", but more of a "false reality". And with that comes a lot of free time because it's harder to be active in the real world. Regardless of how active he was before in game, the change shows an overall increase in activity as well as a slight behavioral change (now returning to normal again).
    To sum up marsh's post, the event did occurr, but now he is in the swing of recovery. The point of his post was to say that he is getting better (I would have suspected a month's time would be about right to recuperate), and that he is sorry that if his behavior while on medications caused him to have a false, and possibly offensive, behavior.

Heck, to show false reality, when I had mononucleosis I thought I suddenly had infinite buying power on emc and could speak fluent Spanish. But as it obviously turned out, I was experiencing a false reality. The medication sure made me feel out of it...
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  8. Well marshall i would say you somewhat of a hero :p and i think i speak for everyone here that we hope you get better soon! :)
  9. I don't really see that as true, because say a person would leave that never voted, never really talked with anyone and never was on the forums. Then say Aikar would leave. I see Aikar as more important for the server than that person. That person is important as well, but he is less needed on the empire than Aikar.

I'm sorry for the off-topicness though, and I hope you get well soon.
  10. What he means is everybody can be as contributive to the server as anyone else, say a player joined and became joint lead developer with Aikar, they are contributing in the way they help Aikar with the coding.
  11. That's true love there. She's never going to leave you now :p Big respect for what you did there, I don't know if I would of had the guts to. Get well soon!
  12. Will this be on the news?
  13. Im not allowed to say such as they man could be part of a gang. Also rezxz. What are you trying to prove? Your not in my postion.
  14. Im going to close this thread. There are to many people calling me out. I don't see why I would lie about this
    607 and Luckygreenbird like this.
  15. Thread closed as requested by the OP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.