[EVENT] Miner Mania

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by IceQueenDawn, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Sounds like fun!
  2. Mining an underwater temple... (do the parrots wear scuba gear?)

Kinda cramped on the inside of my glow cube, but at least there's air and NO laser beams!

Temple almost gone and this large ship sails in...

Fully functional home base near the SMP7 wasteland east portal with food, storage, crafting, mine entrance, diving board, head drop, and more!
  3. Glad you liked my ship :)
    Sazukemono and JesusPower2 like this.
  4. How muxh are pufferfish vs water breathing pots?
  5. ur in the wrong forum i think
    member of the month is here...
  6. well oops
    Ethy202 likes this.
  7. Tonight's MM is on a Mooshroom Island! It should be a lot of fun :D
    khixan, Ethy202 and jossytheninja like this.
  8. it was very fun! I got plenty of quartz and RainbowChin made a big ball of bedrock afterwards.
    Reos_J_Snoozer likes this.
  9. Mycelium Miner Mooshroom Mania!

Mushroom island biome player settlement on SMP2 north of the north portal.

A view as you approach the settlement... (Who is trying to knock me off my perch?)

So many loopy minecarts! @.@

Windmill on a mycelium ridge... (roof under construction)

So many builds... had to take many screenshots to include most of them. >_<

Thank you JD for hosting and ShelLuser for having a build completition! :D
  10. It’s-a me! Ethy! :p
  11. This was really awesome! I wasn't sure if I should join because I'm not always very sharp on a Friday evening (the first FNM I went to I never even made it to main ground because I managed to fall into a lava hole and wasn't fast enough to jump out :rolleyes:).

Either way, it was on SMP2 so hard to resist. The area was really well chosen because it had everything. A nice mine (even with an abandoned mineshaft!) the nether portal apparently landed us close to a nether fortress (judging from all the advancements which popped up) and there was plenty of space to build and... no risk of pesky mobs ruining the fun because there are no hostile mobs spawning on a mooshroom island.

Event organizer :)

And it didn't take long before people started mining, planting, building and chatting :)

Players even started experimenting with redstone and stuff, and I thought that was pretty cool:

There were some problems with this setup (stuff I'm not going to share) but I still wanted to post this picture as a clear sign to what was going on here: players who were busy having fun time trying to get across the large gap. And I thought it was pretty awesome :)

Well, as one can expect from Miner Mania (?) it soon became a really fun chaotic mess of building, chatting and stuff. I really had a great time!

And this had me laughing:

We suddenly had several iron golemns walking around and well, some players tried to take them on. Not the best of ideas because these guys really whack a good punch :mad:

And we had ourselves a build competition!

It wasn't originally planned, but then some crazy dude had this idea to throw some prizes into the mix themselves and before you knew we had a nice (friendly!) competition. Oh the irony... Because to be honest I think it's a good idea to also have Miner Mania's which aren't about competitions but just about building and having a good time. Last time I participated in MM (before this one) I even set up a clear sign to say that the build I was working on wasn't competing.

Yeah, about that :D

Either way... We had some winners, but I must be honest and admit that jury bias was a bit in effect here ;) Because...

First prize:

What can I say, I have a sweet spot for underwater buildings. I think those are fun, especially if you manage to get near an area where squids swim around. I really liked the glass / transparent looks of the building and even though it wasn't super large or anything it really looked nice. And never underestimate the effort it takes to get a good dose of glass and keep the underwater area fully free of water!

Second prize:

A nice toad-like house :) Small, simply and fully to the point. I liked how it had some extra decoration on both the outside and the inside. And it looked really cool. What I also noticed is that CarFryer build this house from the ground up. There was nothing there when MM started, so they didn't use an existing structure and changed that but... collected all the items and build it up from scratch. I may be a bit slow on a Friday evening, I do try to keep an eye out for details like that and be fair about things (as best as possible anyway).

Third prize:

I don't know where CDuck got the clay from but I have to admit that it worked. It looked pretty nice and the blocks blended in quite nicely. Of course, as usual, there is more to this story. I also counted in the fact that Duck didn't simply claim this area (they build this on top of Aya's beacon) but first asked if it was ok to use that spot. That's the kind of courtesy which I think is important for a nice MM event, so I also weighed that in. Note: this was well before some goof had the idea to start a build competition :D

Honorable mentions:

I thought that the Windmill which CorvusRegina build was really impressive. Unfortunately it wasn't finished in time but I still managed to slip in an unannounced runners up prize. Only fair. ElfinCarrot also had a fun project going because he had started a "mini Underhelm", which I thought was very cool!

For those of you not from SMP2: Underhelm is a well known open outpost on SMP2 founded by ElfinCarrot. It's notable for being largely underground, a real cave-like structure. Really worth visiting sometimes.

Of course in the end everyone was a winner because there were so many nice builds around!

So yeah, that about sums it up. I also know there were plenty of fun things going on in the Nether after Chin showed up but I didn't go down there because I had a good hunch I wasn't going to keep up with that :) too much lava to fall into :eek:

Until next time! :)

hmm, thinking back I wonder why I always get to pull the llama? :D
  12. Grab your gear and head to SMP .... wait, TBA. (Look for the ingame broadcasts)

We'll be having a good old standard MM tonight in a lovely sandy location with mountains of sandstone and oceans of gravel nearby. That's right folks, get yer concrete materials with haste 3!

Make sure you bring your scooooba masks and flippers for the ocean gravel or you can mine away underground for it. Of course your main tools are likely to be shovels so grab those eff V's and watch the sand fly!

Builders need not expect a competition but as always are free to build a quaint mining village.
    LordessLevy and jossytheninja like this.
  13. 24 hour time. My brain hurts. xD
    Ethy202 likes this.
  14. Get on board the MelonMinerMania train, leaving the station now!
  15. Miners Mania happening @ 1pm on /smp3 /wnether se
  16. Assuming I missed it?
    AncientTower likes this.
  17. It's dwindling down but still happening /smp3 /waste se... Can be traveled through a tunnel in the nether /wnether se level five.

I hope all that made it had some fun. Cya!!
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  18. Thanks for all that joined me today! I had a lot of fun and hope you all did too! From mining, to fishing, to a little tiny drop party that landed my head in someone's inventory, it was eventful! It was a great first miner mania for me, and I look forward to doing more in the future! :D
  19. To quote my recently-edited OP-additions: this afternoon's event is pretty much your regular miner mania, except there won't be an easy place to build a house! I reckon we can find a fair few parrots, though - and the potential for Tree Houses is simply too good to pass up! This will be a peaceful time to go out with a few (dozen) people to mine and build for a bit. In the spirit of St Patrick's Day, bring something green to put on your build! ^_~*

I don't expect we'll have very many entries, as there will be a pretty tricky canvas to work with, but I've learned to "expect the unexpected" when it comes to our builders here on EMC! If you plan to participate in the build contest, the theme is "Tree House" and the build must include something green - good luck!

Of course, this is primarily a mining event, so there won't be a prize pool, but I'm looking forward to seeing the builds anyway! ^_~*
    SkeleTin007 and JohnKid like this.
  20. I took lots of photos of the miner village we constructed today, and they're all in this imgur album - there were too many to flood this thread with (even with spoiler tags lol).

But here's a little taste:

The winners of today's build portion were OracleMask for an aesthetically-pleasing and unique interpretation of the theme, and SkeleTin007 for a tree-house that bordered on canopy-mansion. Congratulations!
    Honorable mentions go to BreakerJoe for a truly authentic-feeling tree-hut (just like Tarzan's), and to Tbird1128 for an inspired modern take on tree-top housing with her full-length windows (for that unparalleled panoramic view).

Check 'em all out if you have the chance (you may want elytra for easy maneuvering, but they're all accessible via ladders and vines) - head to SMP8's North East Waste Spawn, and follow the path south through the water. This is the map link that will lead you there in case you get lost. The main base (beds, echest, portal etc.) are located at coords 3989,-3405
    OracleMask, KikuDusk and SkeleTin007 like this.