[EVENT] Events Team Contest

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Eviltoade, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. The Events Team would like to challenge the community to come up with extraordinary ideas for a NEW Staff Run Event!

The contest is very simple: In the comments below, please write your event idea in detail, and if your idea is used you are the winner!

Post Format:
    Event Name: Doesn't need to be too creative, just something generic to call it would suffice
    Description of Event: Try to be very thorough here, so that we can understand the event.
    Build Required for Event: Will we need to build something for this? If yes, then describe a bit how you would expect the build to look and operate. The function of the building is more important here, we can worry about the design later.

For inspiration or a list of current Events on EMC Click me!

There are no other rules, however just a few suggestions:
    • The Event should be able to be run by any staff member; IE No Creative Mode, Flying; etc.
    • New Event ideas have priority over derivations of current events - Example - Snowball fight but with eggs instead! These ideas COULD be chosen and will not be ruled out if the idea is extraordinary enough!
    • Events that can accommodate dozens if not hundreds of people will receive higher priority. In other words, we don't want to leave anyone out. :)
    • Events that require little to no DEV work are appreciated (as well as NO command blocks).
    This contest will run from May 1st - May 15th!
    Good luck, have fun, and be creative with your ideas!

It should be noted that this contest in no way should deter anyone from creating and running their own event, nor is this contest being run because we cannot come up with ideas on our own. ;p We just wanted to include the community because we love you!
  2. Good Luck and have fun with this! :)
    SirTah likes this.
  3. Hiya Toadie! :)

Actually had an idea a while back I wanted to use with Anon... but with my new schedule i dont think Id have time to make it happen so maybe the events team can use it...

FISHING DERBY
    for those who like to fish. We always seemed to get a good crowd at Nonys event. It occured to me a derby could work with prizes for things like...
    1.most valuable catch (total value after 15 minutes)
    2. Most Fish
    3. First to catch X (¡e. 10 salmon... or a magic book...)

Thought this would make a fishy event more attractive with prizes... and gives younger players a chance to win something...

was gonna be my 1 year event buuuuttt... no time.

In any case if someone likes the idea, Captain Bloodbeard would be happy to sponsor one...
  4. Hmm, first time I saw this. I'll have to think this over, I might have some ideas.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  5. Event Name: Rube Goldberg Device
    Description of Event: Much like the many build contests that we have on EMC (snowglobes, gardens, etc) Have a contest to build the most rediculous Rube Goldberg Device... minecraft style. Use pistons, minecarts, redstone, falling TnT, animals, anything and everything.
    Build Required for Event: None... players build everything.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

2 Part Event coming next

Part 1
    Event Name: Monthly or Quarterly Maze Design Contest
    Description of Event: Again, another build competition. Can be done in creative. Players would enter their most elaborate maze they can fit on either a 60x60 plot or a 120x120 plot, from bedrock to ceiling. Goal as difficult and evil as possible following town rules. (teleports that place you out of the maze or on a different floor, no light, fully transparent with invisible blocks, etc.)
    Build Required for Event: None, players build

Part 2
    Event Name: Weekly Maze Runner Event
    Description of Event: The player who wins part 1 gets their maze chosen to be the maze for the weekly maze runner event for a set amount of time. Players compete to see who will be the first to complete the maze OR after the first time its run, compete for the fastest time. Mods can toggle flags to make it a death maze and/or drop mobs into maze and/or make it pvp to make it more difficult.
    Build Required for Event: None, players build
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Event Name: "Turtle" Race
    Description of Event: Players are either supplied or can bring their own named villager. They have to navigate their villagers through an obstacle course/race track. First person who crosses the finish line wins. Can aso do leading chickens with seeds, cats with fish, etc. Can also have a records board with times. If you win and beat the current overall record you get a bonus prize.
    Build Required for Event: A racetrack/obstacle course.

Event Name: Weekly EMC sanctioned Horse/donkey/mule/camel racing
    Description of Event: Players race their horses against each other through a racetrack with various pitfalls and obstacles. Can do for the various riding animals, and/or a freeform race with any animal you wish.
    *rough idea below*
    Potentially allow trading items into a chest as a "bet" on each heat. Players get a ticket for their bet, and the players with the winning tickets get to split all items that were bet. Can also modify to let players purchase their ticket from a chest and can trade tickets for a %% of the total if their bet wins. Riders would not be allowed to bet on their own heat.
    Build Required for Event: A racetrack/obstacle course.
  6. Toade had the idea and made the thread a few weeks back, but we just opened it today for players to see, so you didn't miss anything ;)

Also, wanted to add my own comment here as well: both me and Toade have really been looking forward to doing this contest for the past few weeks. Dramanya, Toade, and I have been working on a few things, and are really looking forward to what we will be doing over the next year.

However, we also wanted to make sure we are always taking community input into consideration, since the Events are meant for you guys to have fun. As such, don't see this contest as your only chance to share your ideas with us; our inboxes are always open to suggestions from the community on existing and new events. This contest is just our way of getting the ball rolling. :)
    Eviltoade, SirTah and 607 like this.
  7. Sounds interesting cant wait to see what you all come up with!
    Eviltoade likes this.
  8. Naval war! Giant pvp but everyone is in a bot. Boat destroy is off so the way to loose is to get killed in the boat, not a broken boat.

Also, i have already mentioned this to the events team and they have considered it, but a horse battle! Basically, horse pvp but the horses cannot be damaged just like the boats in the previous idea. The staff could add special little power ups through the game to help in fighting, like a dispenser with infinate hp potions to heal up, or maybe simon can run around splashing levitation... floating horses imgine that...
  9. I like the idea but it would be more fun if the horses could be killed. Not like forever....I mean no-one really dies in pvp we just get sent back to the start. So could be the same for the horses and their riders. You have to remain on your horse or you get sent out and wait the 15 seconds to re join. I can see a new horse market for high hp horses due to this type of event.
    ExExUnderscore and Eviltoade like this.
  10. Liking the PVP ideas as imo there isn't enough events in emc which include pvp
  11. Must happen.
  12. Dang, I have to say I like all those event ideas. But of course there is 1 event in that list that I like more than the others... Also on a note, if a section of the race is dedicated to Llamas (camels) it would have to be dictated by a player with a lead to not make it take a century long xD

I know Toade over there would probably like a event like this to make its way into the regularly run events, but lets see if the other members would like to consider it. :3 also, I'm sure me and a few other breeders wouldn't mind supplying the event host with steeds to help new players who need one in order to participate.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  13. I just want to ride my 135 into battle without anybworries, if they respawn, then yah, good idea! Take out the horse to make it easier to take out the player!
    Eviltoade and 607 like this.
  14. So I have a couple ideas on my own but I want to play on the whole horse track/races...

I had thought maybe the horses need to be say donated and reviewed to be "similar" but I can see reasons not to do that too. This could make it more fun though as you could have heats of different horse levels, EG: race one 60-70 speed, race 2 130-131 or even pigs with carrots on a stick course?

Ways to get prize money (other than donate):
    1) Possibly have people pay a price to enter, with ability to sell back at half price to generate the income for the payouts. This would make faster heats pay more as the pay in to "get the horse" would cost more.
    2) Make betting possible. make a voting room with a chest and hopper where people could say cast a vote for the winner by renaming paper on an anvil (or any other means to get a number with a name) EG: mjnoe70 - 2 (to pick horse 2)

There are likely a ton of more ideas so I'll let them go but I think the idea of an active race track gives people various things to do from spectate to bet to run in the races.
    PhoenixAffinity and Eviltoade like this.
  15. I have avoided all things that have drop items on it as even if you are the best (which I am not) at the pvp stuff, you will die and drop everything likely at some point. I love pvp but would prefer it be no item drops with rewards to winners but I likely will be a minority on this, just my 2 cents, I am good not getting in the pvp things if done other ways...
  16. Wow! Talk about perfect timing! I've actually started working on my own little event, but the problem is it's too small for such a large community! I've been able to host a single six player race, but if the staff were to create their own for Empire...

1. Event Name: Blizzard Boat Bash!

2. Description of the Event: I got this idea from watching a Sky Does Minecraft video... pretty much ages ago! I'm sure many of you have figured out that boats move at faster speeds on ice than they even do on water! So, I decided to incorperate it into my Boat Race on my residence. Unfortunately, due to the small size of each residence, you can't fit very many people on the course. Even with six, it could get a little crowded. However, everyone who has tried it has admitted to enjoying it! Now, the rules are basic: Just start in the designated positions, and the first one to finish the race is the winner!

3. Now, of course this will require a build. Now, while my track is designed in a lap format, with the freedom to build as the staff has, such as Nether Spleef, I hope it wouldn't be a problem. The course would have to fit a large number of people, so probably about 20 blocks wide instead of the ten blocks on my track! Maybe more, since we want to increase the fairness of the race for those in the back! For each designated starting area, I'd suggest using compressed ice as indicators, as well as a starting gate made of ice that drops with a redstone contraption, to keep racers secured until the race begins! Instead of having them do laps, I would suggest a course that spirals downward! This would make it easier to keep track of the racers, so that those getting lapped won't be able to cheat and say they got second or whatever! The course would of course have to have barriers to keep the racers on the course, and maybe some obstacles to add to the challenge further along! And of course, the course doesn't need to go in a continuous sequence of right or left turns, allowing for tighter turns in different locations, and increasing the racers' skills on the course! Of course, since you prefer the staff to not have Creative Mode to run the event, you can have a spectator course where staffs can watch the race while riding a horse, in order to keep up with the racers! This staffer would have a station at the beginning that releases the start gate that allows them to trigger the gate (maybe even a firework, to begin the race). Another staff, if they so choose, could have a spot at the end of the course that allows them to watch the racers as they cross the finish line! However many rounds the players would have to go through would be up to you!

I know this is pretty long, even if it's a basic type of event. But I really think that people would love it! Even so, I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!
    puppersNdoggo, 607 and Eviltoade like this.
  17. I have really liked the defend the castle event that happens very rarely. The idea that the community works together to build a castle and then defends it together against the invading hordes was a lot of fun for me. And there were lots of mob drops. I think these type of cooperative events that gets members together to work on a common goal are the best.
  18. I was assuming everyone knew you dont drop things in normal pvp
    NuclearBobomb, Eviltoade and mjnoe70 like this.
  19. No sir, didn't know that and Mr Rundercaster sells pvp loot he picks up so I was just putting 2 + 2 together and it was obviously 5 or something like that.
    Eviltoade and ExExUnderscore like this.
  20. I have really liked the defend the castle event that happens very rarely. The idea that the community works together to build a castle and then defends it together against the invading hordes was a lot of fun for me. And there were lots of mob drops. I think these type of cooperative events that gets members together to work on a common goal are the best.

Must be a really rare event! I didn't even know we had a Defend the Castle!

Edit: Okay, how do you post a reply to someone? I hit reply, and it doesn't seem to do anything!
    Baci83 and Eviltoade like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.