[EVENT] Events Team Contest

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Eviltoade, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjnoe70's actual event suggestion:

NOTE: there may be something like this already but I have only been able to make a couple events so far. I know there is mob arena, but I think this differs a bit in the way you win and play...

Elite Mob Cooperative (another name would be great, mine is just named for the concept)

Idea only elite mobs on very high difficulty to allow players a chance to be in epic fights with help and a chance to win at harder levels. No other mobs are spawned (unless done by the mob, like zombies from Momentus) and no items drop on death to keep it fully pve.

At a new res, maybe with portals preset to caves or areas preset for each elite to battle so a simple change of which portal is open that even is accessible. This would allow the full res to be pre-made for whatever bosses would be used in the rotation.

Allow use of groups of players to join as a group for the bonuses and then have some runs at the elite mobs of MC and EMC. EG: difficulty 10 (or 7/8 if better/required) against Momentus, Marlix, the Ender Dragon or the Wither. Possibly seasonally those mobs that go with a season like Blizzard.

This would allow people who either play lower levels of difficulty to experience this and allow more "group" play.

Maybe 3 or 5 rounds in a night with a random draw on who gets the loot (splits) at the end with all participants.

I have fought most of these mobs, but many only at difficulty 1 or 2 and since I'm new to MC as well as EMC, I have never fought some of these at all. I have to think I'm not the only one. ...but as a group of 6 to 10 (more or less, not sure proper numbers based on difficulty) this could be a lot of fun. Groups could set up who will be ranged, who will pick up spawned add mobs, etc...
    khixan, Eviltoade and 607 like this.
  2. Well yah, in emc pvp you keep your items and they dont loose durability, so pvp with your best items is encouraged!
    Eviltoade, TuqDufRhySmp8 and mjnoe70 like this.
  3. There is something like this that exists (sort of) called Boss Arena, it is rarely used as it requires senior staff to spawn in elite mobs; moderators cant spawn them unfortunately.

Also, occasionally Aikar does Death Events where he spawns in custom elite mobs where the difficulty might be at 10 and distributes the drops while flying around. They can be pretty fun, but definitely not something that happens weekly hehe. :D
  4. How about a Pixel Art contest its like a build battle but with pixel art and it must be emc appropriate to build and the team with the best pixel art wins.

Or how about a multi-level Spleef round for netherspleef, but I don't think that might happen but you never know. ;)

Or maybe some sort of musical block game.

I have so much ideas that's the few I can come up with. ;)
  5. Event Name: Pig Racing
    Description of Event: Never-mind racing horses. Ride pigs and direct them using a carrot on a stick around a twisty obstacle course. There are no railings on the track as you race upwards into the sky, so you CAN fall off and have to start all over again. First one to the top wins. If possible, perhaps we can turn on damage to joust along the way, knocking players around with a stick or something to up the difficulty and fun.
    Build Required for Event: Yes. A spiral like ramp going up into the sky. A pig pen with all the saddled pigs at the bottom. You can provide the carrots on sticks or have players bring their own. Would have to be a 1 block slope at most as pigs can't jump like horses can.
    Eviltoade, Raaynn and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  6. Should it be original art, then? Or could people try recreating a really impressive picture?
  7. I guess it doesn't really matter but as long as it follows the appropriate guidelines then yeah
    Eviltoade likes this.
  8. My artistic ability is so poor.. think id only be able to enter the 'Single Block' round. :)
  9. Sounds neat! Pulled Pork Pileup!
    Eviltoade and mjnoe70 like this.
  10. So i sorta forgot to use the format lol
    Event name: horse pvp
    Discription of event: pvp but on horses, horses can die and you will be left without a horse in the arena, but when you exit the arena the horse will be in your /stable. I feel this may require lots of coding so if it does i think it would be easier to just make the horses invunrable.
    Build required: yes or no, honestly we could dp it on a normal smp6 pvp arena but then again we may want to have a bigger arena built because horse pvp is a bit different than normal pvp in terms of the horses mobility compared to a players. Horses (usually) run faster and (usually) jump higher, so some builds can be made that can only be accessed via horse.
  11. I haven't had a chance to participate in a Defend the Castle event yet, and I really want to! I'm with God of Gods - more Defend the Castle please :D

An informal "event" that several of us (the crazies from PWU) will do if we get asked to or the mood strikes us -
    Dragon and/or Wither killing. Players bring their own end crystals or skulls and soul sand. Whoever brought the materials gets the prize (dragon head or nether star/s). Some of us will generally bring extra spawning materials also to give out as random prizes if it's a larger group. The fun is all about dying and taking on these mobs. We use the PWU Dragon Slaying Arena on smp8. Nothing says fun like a dragon and a few Withers all at the same time :D
    I normally start off on diff 5 with one mob, and then we'll start increasing the # of mobs and/or the difficulty as folks gain confidence. It's always a good time, and it's a fast easy fun activity to put together.
    I haven't done one of these since autumn. I know what I need to do soon now LOL.

Some hunting expeditions would be fun too. Kaptrix used to frequently lead out a group of us to the waste or nether waste, we'd make a big flat platform, plop down a bed and AFK kissing booth, and we'd just go kill mobs.

While these aren't terribly original ideas, they are easy fun fast ones, and we've always had a great time doing them.
  12. the mob thing you guys do is similar to my suggestion. The noted issue is the requirement for senior staff, not just mods to bring in those mobs.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  13. Name: 4 Biomes

Description: Players go to 1 of 4 biomes. Staff and/or use command block to pick. (If staff pick must be fair.)
    Players in the selected biome are now out of the game. Last person alive wins . At 10 players or less they could get a knock back stick to knock players into other biomes.

Building: 4 Different Biomes I.E: Ice Desert Plains End

Requires something some or no command block work
    (Got this idea from Sportaflop's 12 Hour Event)
    Eviltoade likes this.
  14. He makes the gear then sells it.
  15. I do not =P
  16. I decided to go simple with this idea.
    Event name: Hide N Seek
    Description: Hide and seek. Most already know how the game is played. You're in a large area (for this I was thinking somewhere in the wilderness, most likely fenced off so everyone stays in a certain area) and one person in the group is a seeker. This one person has to find the others (hiding using shift) and when the find someone else, that person joins the seeking team. It goes until everyone is found, which I don't think would take a ton of time given that once you're found you start looking. This event can include a ton of people and can easily be hosted by anyone. We change the setting every time the event rolls around. Maybe three rounds and if someone isn't found in a certain amount of time then they could win prizes. If there's multiple, there could be multiple prizes. I haven't really figured out the timing part of it, but that can easily be figured out.
    Building: I like this idea because you don't really need a building per say. Easily do /wild and whoever is hosting can decided where they want to do it, though fences are necessary so everyone knows the area the have to hide in.
  17. Mobarena
  18. So I had this very original idea for an event, it's called Fist Fight
    Event name: Fist Fight
    Description: Try not to fall from the floating islands while punching (and being punched by) other players. Last player standing wins.
    Build required for the event: /v fistfight on SMP3
    Requires only flag changes to be ran, would need a couple well positioned tps so mods can run it too (they'd need admin flag and ability to change pvp flag)
    Mandatory front page graphics:
    No idea where this came from
    #bringfistfightbackpls
    Ch33zus, Sachrock, Doorfne and 5 others like this.
  19. I was thinking a very similar Hide/seek game. Don't know how you plan on making sure players stay honest about having been found..... My idea was that hide/seek with bows that create a similar effect as the Valentines day hearts. Once shot and the "red X" hovers above you until the round is over. Possibly even when getting shot it sends you back to the starting point.
    khixan and Eviltoade like this.
  20. We just spawn them ourselves out at the Arena :) Whoever brings the mats gets the goodies. I'll have to go back and read yours too!
    Eviltoade and mjnoe70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.