{EVENT} DP Merek's BIG BASH

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Merek_Shadower, Aug 12, 2017.

?

Trying to get a feel for how many players to expect. Will you be joining?

Yes most definitely, won't miss this for the world!! 12 vote(s) 33.3%
Yes I plan to 16 vote(s) 44.4%
Maybe 4 vote(s) 11.1%
No, would love to tho 4 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. Ooo I wanna attend. Mind spilling the beans on the secrets :3
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  2. Ai ay aiiii....

It's Aya ^.^
    ShelLuser and Merek_Shadower like this.
  3. SO yeah...

My post is a bit overdue, my bad. Been a little less active lately, mostly due to work and other stuff. Basically the same reason(s) I cancelled my own event because it just didn't work out for me. I haven't grown tired of Minecraft (FAR from it!) but there's only so much you can do in a day :confused:

Anyway... (that rhymes :D)

Having a solid 0,00000001 percent experience with drop parties I was obviously the best player for the job to make this work :cool: As funny as that may sound don't underestimate me just yet: what I may lack in hands-on experience I do make up for with redstone expertise.

Merek wanted something special. And I was more than happy to help so we did just that, I don't think you'll find something like this in your average drop party setup...

@Aya: Nuuuuu! :D

I'm not going to explain all the details just yet, but I will probably share a few more details later on (if and when I feel like it, I'm seriously playing the "independent player" card here ;)). But I will say this: it's going to be special. It will not be your average drop party where a bunch of droppers just keep dropping stuff. If you want to get the most out of this one you're going to have to apply tactics.

Know what? This could use a little spoiler :eek:

ShellSpoiler: "The droppers won't drop all the time, but they will drop a lot"

But yeah... Merek talks about all those prizes but what's going to be dropped? Do you know? No! (rhymes too! :p) Do I know? Maybe :cool:

So what's in there?

With all due respect, but I do agree a bit with EmpireMall up there. Pictures, or it didn't happen! Mwua ha ha haaaa! :mad:

Considering the fact that Aya & me provided most of this chest (I did spot some other stuff in there I don't recognize) I reserve the right to share this.... (uh oh)

Now, please ignore the Chicken skewer(S), nether stars, 12 vault vouchers, stack of Notch apples, freedom sword (?), Empire fireworks, Momentus helmet, 14 beacons, Cupids bow, Mineral mincer and definitely don't mind the plain Elytra in there :D

No, much more important: this will also be the only time where you might get lucky and obtain a GripCEO head. I didn't make much of a fuss about it but I grew tired of the character and ended it. It was fun while it lasted but because GRIP is a lot less active than we were "back in the day" (and I love that part!) it also resulted in the joke growing old. A somewhat semi-hostile GripCEO wasn't fun anymore because people didn't recognize him, and at one point I honestly started worrying that it might get out of hand a bit (seriously!) because some (newer) players started to correct G.C. about his display of arrogance. Those are important signals to notice and respect.

GripCEO has gone and I reverted it back to 'TheOtherShell'. And yes I know: at one point I also said that its heads also wouldn't be a thing anymore. That hasn't changed, because if there's one thing which my alt and me have in common its that we don't drop our heads "just like that".

Wait, what? There are 3 shulker boxes in that double chest? I wonder if they have contents as well :D

More to come later :)

(edit): Ninja'd :p
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  4. I will try to make it :)
    ShelLuser and Merek_Shadower like this.
  5. This will be super Sick!!! Guys Had mods and Shell all over this. We are breaking records and not my hype, Staff has confirmed this!!!
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  6. Half the staff had no clue how this redstone worked. I have no clue. We need to run thru it. So I can operate it if needed
  7. I was so looking forward to this... However a mistake on my calendar planning skills has blocked me from attending. What I thought was in October is actually the day of the drop party. So I'll be out @ a football game and then hiking in a state park the rest of the day.... So needless to say, I ain't gonna be online.

I do hope your party goes off without a hitch. Have a Happy 40th and a Happy 2 years with EMC.
  8. Happy 2 and 40 ! Merek.

Doubt i can attend due to work but hope all, and especially yourself.. have a great time :)

Cheers!
  9. Like super dope dopest do-pe of dopes of a DP.
  10. SUPER DUPER COOL:)
  11. Yas Bruh
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. SO .... 5 DAYS AWAY!!!!!!

No those are not alts.... Those were both my kids.... I would not use an alt to bump my own thread.

5 DAYS!!!!! I have this pretty much pinned right down!!!

Had staff 18 mind you (In total) look this all over!!! This hype is REAL and total estimated is OVER 10 million R!!!!!
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  13. OK adding this in to help chat confusion

I have 50,000 R to give away, I did 1 just 1 auction of a dc of eggs that was 100% going to this DP, got 50k. So....

Here's how this works, when you get a singed and sealed book from me mail it back to me and I'll pay that amount in the book.

I am making random book amounts but I estimate about 15 to 20 books will be dropped. I will say 1 book will be worth ALOT!!!

Look at the BOOKS!!!! some are from villagers but some are for pure R!!!
    ShelLuser and TuckerAmbr like this.
  14. UPDATE

Just to inform you the amout of r being dropped. It changed from 50k to 102 k

Pics or it didn't happen? It's all here

Instead of 1 big book I decided 5 books worth 10k each would be better. If that sign is hard to read.
    Top row is all 1K
    Middle is 5K each
    Bottom is all 10K each.
    So um yeah.... 102,000 in free R to giveaway.
    ShelLuser and TuckerAmbr like this.
  15. Since my computer is broken :( ... I will proboly not attend, but I may come and use minechat and try to get some drops
  16. That sucks!!! A few people really want to attend but can't. I did ask stream team to be there so we should have a recording of it.
  17. River Jays Clan will be in attendance! Happy two years, Merek!
  18. Due to the funeral I'm attending being out of state, I will likely miss, but I may manage to show up towards the end. If I'm not there I wish everyone attending good luck!
    UltiPig, Merek_Shadower and ShelLuser like this.
  19. I just want to share my sympathy, sorry to hear about such a sad event. Who knows.. Maybe I'll catch something myself and if I do I'll save that for you :)