{EVENT} DP Merek's BIG BASH

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Merek_Shadower, Aug 12, 2017.

?

Trying to get a feel for how many players to expect. Will you be joining?

Yes most definitely, won't miss this for the world!! 12 vote(s) 33.3%
Yes I plan to 16 vote(s) 44.4%
Maybe 4 vote(s) 11.1%
No, would love to tho 4 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. Dang.... I tried to make a time everyone could come. Due to my team spread across the world and emc time plus Stream team.... This can't change. Sorry to lose another great player but such is life
  2. Can't make it. Got soccer then. Or should I say football.
  3. So yeah....

I'm going to mix business and pleasure here. Here is my business take on the event tomorrow. If you don't recognize or understand it: all good. If you do: kudo's for recognizing :p

(not meant too seriously!)
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  4. UPDATE

We're 2 hours away from the party and tension is rising. Did a last minute check, some concern was raised about the drop rate but I think we're good. Even so: we have a backup strategy, when things do go too slow then we'll just hook up some more clocks :) Worst case scenario I'll place buttons and such and we'll drop the things manually!

Loading up the droppers is going to start soonish.

But first: pizza :)
  5. The event is over!

First of all I'd like to especially thank the following people:
    • NDubb424
      • Couldn't have done this without your help, you were awesome! Thank you so much for all the help with filing up the stuff (I got seriously worried when Merek went afk!) and helping us get through the chaos!
    • Skeletin007 & JackBiggin
      • You guys were awesome, helping us keep a little order in the chaos, and thanks again for the broadcast Jack, I know I can say this on behalf of Merek as well: that was very much appreciated!
    • Eviltoade
      • And a very warm thank you for helping out a player who could only make it through Minechat by placing him inside so that he also had a chance for some prizes. And for helping us with moving Merek a little out of the way when he started walking onto the track (and blocking the drop party, lol!).

So yeah, before I continue I need to stress this out: it was Mereks real birthday today, so obviously he also had some obligations in real life. Also because his kids were there with him. That's why he sometimes went afk. But... that's also why he asked me for some help and I think it went pretty well.

It wasn't perfect, some things went wrong, but... it did work! :p

The problem: lag. Massive lag sometimes so the start went bumpy. But it worked and stuff dropped. We had 2 droppers which constantly dropped items and we had several on timer routines. So: an observer would get triggered which triggered both the dropper and another observer which then triggered the same and so on. This way we had droppers which did "bursts". So 4 - 6 items per drop.

And although we had tested the whole thing NDubb suddenly noticed that some droppers went way too slow. SO we started to re-arrange items and move them into other droppers :)

We also started to speed things up ourselves by making a few holes (this is why some players suddenly got a few black concrete blocks :D ) and then... well...

:D

Yeah, we actually started throwing stuff down manually as well :p Maybe a little impractical but it did work! We started shuffling things, and I also connected more droppers to the repeating clock so that we could speed up the party a bit. Which worked :)

And then NDubb made the best drop of the whole event: the party boy himself :D

Eventually all the promos got dropped and then I started looking around a bit to make sure that we had everything. And what do you know?

I found some stuff which got left behind in a few droppers. SO... Ayups: we also had ourselves an after party. No more heavily expensive promos but still some good stuff, such as a few beacons, gold and iron blocks and stuff like that.

Well, I'm seriously tired right now but I think it was a nice party. Players have enjoyed themselves and more importantly: some managed to grab some pretty good drops (and that's what it was all about, right?).

So yeah, thank you all for coming, hope you had a great time. I know I did, but I'm also glad its over :)
    Merek_Shadower and mjnoe70 like this.
  6. Same here. ): I was a pall bearer and I missed it. ): I will check to see if you are still on Merek. :) Sorry I missed it and happy 40th and 2nd
  7. Really sorry I couldnt make it plz do this next year so I can come! Bye friends. :)
    Merek_Shadower, ShelLuser and mjnoe70 like this.
  8. Awww, I wanted to make it, but had stuff to do. Sounds like it was a blast and that everyone had fun . :)

It was honestly my pleasure. I was really worried I would be useless, so I am glad I was able to help as much as I was! Thank you for everything you did to make this event a success!

Thank you Aya! I hope your memory problem gets sorted out on your computer, and you aren't down too long. If it wasn't for your server hopping/advertising we wouldn't have had almost 5 pages of people on SMP2! Wow!

Thank you Merek for brainstorming this idea and letting me be a part of it. Shell and I def had some fun up there in the DP HQ!

Shell, seriously.. you are a red stone genius. I am blown away! Thank you for staying calm, and getting things done today. You are the best!
  9. I really enjoyed the party! I couldn't stay until the end as someone needed some staffy assistance, but regardless, Happy Birthday Merek!! :)
  10. I didn't get your head so I don't believe you dropped one! :mad:
    Very nice Merek I didn't get to many crazy things but I did get one really cool new promo and I'm very grateful. Dang PC acting up anyway... ...but loved your place and all the hard work you put in to making it such a great event! My thanks... BTW, my 2 favorite items ---> a Birthday cake renamed to "Happy Birthday Cake" which I renamed "Happy Birthday Merek 9/23/17" and I bought a 10k Money book signed by you off someone to keep.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. Where can I find the recording?
    ShadowsPeak likes this.
  12. Missed it due to school...