[Established] smp9 outpost : Cliffside

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by GeistKitsune, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Sounds good herocrafter2912 ;) Can't wait to see it.
    herocrafter2912 likes this.
  2. okay thanks geist. :D
  3. Since nobody has really commented on the change to the Cliffside Council I am putting the changes into effect as of this moment. Please read over the Cliffside Citizens post if you would like to see what has happened to the council. Thanks.
  4. I cant see what has changed...
  5. Here is a list of the changes made to the council. Any position listed here has changed in some way, or been added/removed.

Foreign Relations : Hitagain
    *An entirely new role added to replace Guard Advisor.
    *Keeps the Council informed on any Eastern Frontier issues and developments.
    *Actively strives to maintain peaceful relations between Cliffside and other cities.
    Guard Captain : MDMyers2000
    *Council Member has changed from Wicked_Deathbat to MDMyers2000
    Guard Adviser : Position has been removed from Cliffside Council
    Head of Development : Duulicious
    *An entirely new role added to replace Head of Maintenance.
    *Purpose of this role is to aid in construction projects and help out Head of Preservation with repairs.
    Head of Preservation : Cutie_Craft_
    *Was originally two roles, Head of Preservation (Cutie_Craft_) and Head of Maintenance (Duulicious)
    *Head of Maintenance was to repair town damage while Head of Preservation was to repair damage to the Wild.
    *Now Head of Preservation does both.
    Head of Maintenance : Position has been removed from Cliffside Council
    MDMyers2000 and herocrafter2912 like this.
  6. Town Meeting on Sunday, March 29th. Every Cliffside resident is expected to attend. Send me a message if you can't make it so I can fill you in on the info. I am hoping to spark new interest in our members. Thanks for hearing me out everyone.
  7. This sunday right?
    hmm.... not sure if I can attend but ill try Geist!
  8. I wanted to update the meeting info :

First of all, I am going to hold two meetings so more people can attend. One will be at 12:00 pm EMC time and the other at 8 pm EMC time.

Second, you don't have to go all the way out to Cliffside for the meeting! Woot right? We now have something like an Embassy for Cliffside and it is in Towns on smp9. Just do "/v Wicked_Deathbat 2" to get there :D.

And it's fine MDM2K, if you can't make it I will send u the important info. Talk to u all later.
  9. since I am going to bed right now (I was workin late) I dont think I will be awake in time for the first meeting. I would like to bump it to 1 pm EMC time. The other meeting will still be at 8. Thanks everyone!
    Galantisizer likes this.
  10. 1pm EMC.. that is noon for me here in STL i might be able to attend. see y'all in a few hours
  11. Lol i'm finally awake. My durn jobs ruined it and now I'm late for my own meeting
  12. Since it's hard to host meetings for everyone, here is a good chunk of the info I wanted to discuss.

1. I have not been at Cliffside lately because I was working hard on my shop in town. The reason? It costs a lot of money to run and build a town (Between Wicked_Deathbat, Twinkett and I we have spent over 200k). I do not plan on making a Treasury for town because I'm changing the government structure and it won't work to have a Treasury. Fundraisers will be the primary method of obtaining extra rupees for town if we need it.
    2. I have been planning on how to expand Cliffside. I want to add an iron farm, an amusement park, an EXP farm, and more. There really isn't any room inside the walls of the city for such things, and that's why I'm adding a whole new district to town. What you know to be Cliffside will now just be South Cliffside. You will be able to take a short walk and/or rail to North Cliffside where many wonderful projects will soon be started. (Just a side note : You can still call our town Cliffside - it just has two districts now [north and south]).
    3. Our Cliffside Council is changing again. Yeah I know I just changed it but I'm still not satisfied :oops:. I originally wanted a lot of Council seats because I thought it would help everyone participate and make the jobs really easy for everyone. The problem was that I had to struggle to fill all the positions and the people who were chosen rarely had enough to do to keep them interested in Cliffside. I would like to have a simple structure with 3 'Lords'; Lord of Relations, Lord of Defense and Lord of Development. There will no longer be a mayor, just 3 equals with different roles. Lord of Relations is the voice and the ear - He/she listens to the townspeople, to other lords and towns, and even other governments. Then they use what they hear to make suggestions. Lord of Defense observes the town and makes sure everyone knows and abides the laws. He/she defends the town from hostile mobs and players and reports to staff as necessary. He/she makes suggestions on how to improve the defense/wellbeing of the town. Lord of Development comes up with ideas on how to expand the town and make it more useful, fun and intuitive. He/she also acts as maintenance for the town, fixing damage as needed.
    4. Cliffside is no longer the only town we control. We have begun construction on another city, called Farcity. The reason it is called that is because it takes over 9 minutes by rail to get their from cliffside. It is now open to residents but it has no real benefits yet (unless you like the public acacia tree farm). Much is coming for it so stay tuned ;). Also, we have plans for several other outposts. We want to create a nether city called "Brimstone" whose purpose is to be a Nether Rail Station that links to all our cities. Twinkett wants a town up in the jungle tree tops and Wicked wants a town in a glass dome under the water. So those will also be started sometime in the future.
    5. With that said, it's obvious that we need some kind of government to rule and organize these outposts of ours. Each outpost will have 3 lords - meaning 15 lords for the 5 cities we have in mind. Each lord can have up to 3 Councils who help him/her with their duties as a lord. Wicked_Deathbat, Twinkett and I will become the Triumvirate (government of three) whose pupose is to oversee the lords of each outpost. This change should allow us to hold votes easier.
    6. Speaking of votes, it is time for all of you to place your vote. What name do you like best for our government? Here is a list of names we came up with. You can vote for more than one, and even suggest something new. The name with the most votes wins (votes must be in by April 05 2015).
      NECO - Northeast Colonization Organization
      Celestial Empire
      NET - Northeast Triumvirate
      G.T.W. Empire
      FTC - Free Towns Coalition
    Well that is all for now. I get the feeling I forgot some stuff but I'm sure this is plenty of info for everyone! Tell me what you all think I would love to hear it. And don't forget to vote for the name u like! Thanks :D
    herocrafter2912 and VoxelRay like this.
  13. This is a visualization of our Government Hierarchy
    Triumvirate.png
  14. I farted at the end because of how great all of this sounds lol
  15. For some reason it sound hugh fun and nice. You can save money by mining more yourself. But.. i know that can be boring.
  16. Nice work, Geist, Twinkett, Wicked.
    Wicked_Deathbat likes this.
  17. I have only gotten a few votes in on our Government's name. Let me know which of these you like. Thanks everyone!
    NECO - Northeast Colonization Organization
    Celestial Empire
    NET - Northeast Triumvirate
    G.T.W. Empire
    FTC - Free Towns Coalition
  18. I suggest G.T.W. Empire

This is a more Cliffside based replacement for U.N.O. correct?

19. No, its a formal government to rule Cliffside and my other outposts. Cliffside has its own city laws still, but this will encompass policies for every one of my cities to follow. U.N.O. is one step up as a ruling body over governments.
  20. Prepare yourself. Questions are coming.

1. Would all the Cliffside child states be in the U.N.O. or standalone child states to a state in the U.N.O.?

2. Would the leaders in the child states be allowed to vote in U.N.O. elections if they are not apart of the U.N.O., but the parent state is? Do laws of the U.N.O. apply to the child states if they apply to the parent state?

3. If a vote is announced, do the leaders of the child states count as votes in their own right, or are they added to the parent state?