[Established] Regen SMP4

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by kevmeup, Dec 21, 2014.

1. There are none better. Anywhere. I can say that because you're on my thread :) Dang smp3-ers...

There are a lot of outposts out there and a few are well developed. Until the land protection features are added, they'll have to stay hidden. My community farm gets griefed 1-3 times per week and suffers a lot of damages from general nooby traffic. At Regen, I don't build anything without thinking, "Is this going to attract griefers?" "How much of this will show on live map?".
    the_creeper_lord likes this.
  2. can i please be shown where these are
  3. Well i guess i need to give you a tour of smp3 :p haha

And you are correct about the development of other outposts, most people think it all depends on the person who makes it, but it isnt all about how much skill they have or how amazing their builds are. if you don't cover up your crap.. or well amazing creations in this case you will get destroyed by stupid little low lifes who love messing with all your hard work.

At the end of the day anyone can accomplish what they want with a little skill and a lot of hard work. If you make something large or small you have to be prepared for the silly little minecrafters that come on to mess wih you :p

And wow holy crap did that just turn into a motivational speach.. woops sorry :p Well i'll end with a quote from one of my fellow minecrafters :p ''You will never accomplish your goal if you always live in fear''

-Matt
  4. I actually felt a little better when I realized we get 7000 new people a month and 2000 stay around a while. The % of those people that grief is actually pretty small.

Even this thread puts my place at risk, but I want to encourage people to set out on their own and get out of the towns to make something epic themselves.

Yeah, you really don't need a lot of skill or talent to create a good, enjoyable outpost. Theres a lot of great people that can help if you get stuck on something also.
    the_creeper_lord likes this.
  5. Maybe the people on smp3 secretly formed an alliance against me and they refuse to tell me.

In that case I'll need to stalk them down with the live map.
  6. Good luck with that :p now we can all hide on the map *poof*
  7. So, building in the nether, is not an easy task... I've donated a lot to the Lava Gods. The nether Fort is fully slabbed though. I've also become a really good shot with a bow after all the Ghast hunting :) Tonight I'll start on the Blaze farm. Seems like it will be great xp and fuel for us.
  8. So far I'm really disappointed with some of the the survival policies of EMC. Found out today I can't "own" a spawner, or it's use. If someone made it out to Regen and I was using a spawner, they could step in there and kill things before me and I couldn't say anything. I don't even get preference on the use of the xp farm I built on my officially established outpost...

The best I can do is put blocks up in front of my spawner, and if someone broke them, I could get a mod to ask them to leave..... Which would take me going ALL the way back to town, swapping servers (since not many admins hang out on smp4), swapping back, going ALL the way back to regen, hoping admin didnt log off (they are usually east coast, so tired at 8pm pst), then having them teleport to me to see the missing blocks and then just maybe, if I'm lucky, they'd ask that person to please leave. If they then broke the actual spawner, there is a small chance they would be banned for a bit, but I'd never get my spawner back.

Realizing how difficult it is to protect and resolve wild issues, it makes sense why most outposts are super secretive. I'll probably remove some of the pics and info on this thread soon :(
  9. Hmm i dont see an easy fix to this either
  10. Blaze farm is complete and working seamlessly :)
    L3A8 likes this.
  11. There we go, added some of the pictures into description so people get a feel for the place. I'm looking to add some new people. Will be taking it slow though so new people can get a nice plot and get settled.
  12. kevmeup, you do know that you can change servers without going to town, right? You can go to any other smp from any location, including the wild. :) No need to go all the way to town.
  13. Awesome, thanks :)
    Galantisizer likes this.

14. Just an example of things that we have done, this is a pyramid and part of an iron farm I have built there.
    Galantisizer likes this.
  15. This is a fantastic idea
  16. The Blaze Farm, one of my favorites for sure :)

Attached Files:

17. I'm interested. Could you PM me the cords of the rail access or something?
  18. Right Kev, we already talked about this in private but figured I'd make it public as well: I am SO going to look you guys up this weekend :)
    kevmeup likes this.
  19. Regen has a new active member, but I forgot his name ;)

Anyway, I'm not a very talented builder yet (just spotted your signature ;)) but rest assured that the maturity part is not going to be a problem. And I might be able to come up with some interesting redstone stuff :)

Expect some pm's from me during my first periods in Regen whenever I do something which I think could use a quick heads up. Best way to sort out all the details and for you to get a better idea of the kind of player I am.

PS: I'm going to 'abuse' some of those pics you showed up there and try to "Gimp" a nice Regen signature ;)

You'll see.
    kevmeup likes this.
  20. Me?