End world temporarily disabled on all servers

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Something like that?...:

Code:
    onPortalActivation(portalActicationEvent event) {
     if (cubeAroundPlayer(event.getPlayer(), AUTOCLOSE_DISTANCE).contains(workbench) {
      event.canceled(true);
      event.getPlayer().sendMessage("Get rid of that workbench to use this portal!");
     }
    }
  2. Well the end isnt up yet lol, figured that out the bad way :p Focus on 1.2! Lol updated 1 computer to check it out :D Kinda ticks me off that they made glowstone lamps again :p I spent a whole load of time making a piston-glowstone lighting system lol... =fail
  3. That would be pretty cool... and would probably work!
  4. Well, there's still a workaround with that code... Say the end portal is at height 64... If the player places a water source block up one block, 7 blocks away, they can move 7 blocks. If they move it 7 blocks further, and one block up, they can travel 14 blocks. So unless you are checking for a workbench in the nearby 448 blocks (28 chunks), then it's still possible to work around.
  5. As soon as you're moved 4 or 5 blocks away from the crafting table, it will close automatically. (Unless this does not work in multiplayer. Update: Same in multiplayer, just the distance seems to be a bit bigger, maybe 8 blocks or so.)

Also, it is possible to make water flow upwards in Minecraft, so there'd be no distance limit. Visit 10639 (smp5) and try out my reverse water slide (north-west part of the plot).
  6. lol i know lots of people said it but how do you find these things
  7. Are you confident this is enforced server-side?
  8. 3 ways:

(a) You have an idea, e.g. "What happens if I move away from a workbench while it is open?" From that you start to find out. First you'll notice that you cannot move. But hey, what if I AM moved? Let's try water (delayed trapdoor/piston floor, being pushed, ...). Oops, workbench closes, stuff drops. Mmmh, wonder what happens when I'm moved through a portal...

(b) You look at the source code and notice something. For non-programmer: That's like "Hey that peg I just found would fit into a hole I've seen 3 days ago!"

(c) Even without source code a programmer has some idea how a feature might be implemented. Usually more like a list of possible implementations. And again, here it can "click" and you just say "if this is implemented this way and that is implemented that way, then there would be a bug if so-and-so happens". Then you try it out and once in a lifetime you're right.
  9. Not 100%. I think I found the client-side code that closes open "inventories" (part of EntityPlayer) and it will only be executed in singleplayer. I also found the code that checks the distance (part of the workbench) in (both client and) server (CraftBukkit) code, that would usually not exist if it wasn't used server-side. I could search for the code that does the actual closing, but as I don't already have the server code locally that'd take me much more time than I'm willing to spend on it.
  10. Can you really!? I wish i was on smp5 to see that
  11. Well im not, all you do is complain bout aupporters copher, chill
  12. Time to learn to read the context of the stuff.
  13. This is true, don't whine. But i see a lot of people hating on me and other temp banned players like we're evil or something. I mean, its not like i WANT to be banned, and you don't have to hate on people cause they got a temp ban. I mean, people who hate on me and others probably have never been banned
  14. Lol dont take that so harshly, copher wasn't pointing fingers =D you are. He means that just because you pay money, doesn't mean you wont still cheat and hack etc..
    copherfield likes this.
  15. Thats Exactly right .
  16. I know what this glitch is. I have NOT used it on any servers, just my ssp world to test to see if it works. I know that it also works for Nether portals (not trying to give it away, just want to bring this up).
  17. O really /:|<- raised eyebrow
  18. it is not a joke
  19. You are writing in the forum...
  20. GameKribGuy ? er who is he :p