Empire.us

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Apr 10, 2012.

1. I think it's 2a2a2a :D I got it from firebugging the site ;)
  2. all i can say is D:

feelings are hurt. :(
  3. Well, you're one of the original members, and only two of us actually made anything (and only one thing per person, at that) so really you're just as awesome as the rest of us. Maybe you should make a gray text comic, or something.
  4. hmm.. a gray text comic you say...
  5. Yay for being one of the first grey textians!!!! :D
  6. This short cut was good thinking but wouldn't it be better if we had em.us for Empire Minecraft. :cool:
  7. Thanks for that Secret, but my point was typing out the full name of the person such as /tell rabbitinaahat to just /tell rabb

How would the server know who to tell with just 1 letter?
  8. The first person that have their substring matched with that.
    The morr letter the morr accurate for the system to find ;)
    ( I think that )
  9. Yes! I love it! At my school they blocked "empireminecraft.com" so now I can get back on @ school :)
  10. Do they block 'ninjacloak' ?
    If not then they can block empire.us or empireminecraft.com or what ever.
    As long as 'hidemyass' or 'ninjacloak' is around :p
    hehe (Or anything else you find to be good proxy :D)
  11. I think a good thing to go for would be http://e.mc/

if that's even possible.
  12. I think it would be better to implement a direct link to EMC in every browser, as a button that takes up 1/3 of the screen. That would be the only real shortcut.
    nick5013 likes this.
  13. I REALLY wanted a .mc domain, such as Empire.mc or even e.mc. The problem is that Monaco (who owns .mc) is very strict. You have to have someone living their, a registered company and trademark WITH the same name. So even if we found someone living their and started a "company" we prob couldn't get e.mc or empire.mc (good like trademarking a common word like empire). :(

Edit: Any lawyers out their that want to take a stab at this I could shower you with gifts haha.
    Cait1bh and Yukon1200 like this.
  14. Well, what about Empi.re?
  15. smooch dooo eeeeeet
  16. Has anyone stumbled upon the best part about this domain name yet? ..

It fits on a sign!!! :D :D

Crazy1080 likes this.
  17. Yup 100% agree :) :)
  18. I don't know if anyone answered your question about this, but you can just type a partial name to /tell someone. For instance, people can type /tell hayley /tell hayl to talk to me. I'm not sure how it tells who /tell if you only write a couple of letters though. So often on smp2 I'll write /tell alex to talk to AlexChance and end up sending my message to alexschrod hahaha. It's quite amusing :p I have to make sure I put /tell alexc or /tell alexs to sort it out.