[Empire Update!] Shine Bright Like A Diamond!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Jan 17, 2013.

1. hmm. I'm not sure I like the idea of people flying. Not just saying because I'm a non supporter. Have been a supporter in the past, will possibly be again at another point in time.

Am I the only one who thinks flying makes builds less impressive? When I see things that have been done legit, I'm like that is amazing. But knowing that it was done with creative style settings makes me think ... meh. If the server gets to the goals to win the fly bonus in town - will there be a way to shut it down? So I'm not jumping around my lot trying to build and randomly taking off. If I got diamond supporter would I be able to shut if off on utopia? When I enter someone's lot would there be any way of knowing if they built legit or with flying?

I mean, I don't really care how people play the game - as long as they find it fun it, is really up to them. (rule breaking aside) I just wonder how it will effect things. I defiantly don't want it for myself.
  2. It's a shame it's only utopia...
    Still I love this
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. You're not the only one and I think this is a really good point. I don't mind it being on Utopia but I would be highly opposed to this ability coming to the other servers. Legit gameplay was one of the main things that brought me here.
  4. Aside from Utopia (it's a special server with special perks on purpose), we have NO plans to ever (unless shortly like a promotion for fun) bring this to the regular servers. No worries. :)
  5. What about being able to shut it off?
  6. Right now...it's not in place...though it might be possible with additional coding from Aikar.
  7. Eye-car.... neeeed.... sleeeep!!!
    ninjaboy5656 likes this.
  8. Great update, wont use it alot. But i'm sure builders on Utopia really are gonna love this new perk
  9. Also can daimonds sleep in bed :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  10. Why not Gold! T.T
  11. I think in the next few days I'll change it to be a command to turn it on per login. I have to update the code cause its messing with our creative fly too >.< (Sr Staff doesn't have the flag for this so its trying to take away fly lol.... but a quick toggle off/on fixes it temp.)

As for the legitness. This isn't creative. It's simply flying in town where its already peaceful mode....

In town with an economy is pretty much a "EZ MODE" nerf to all forms of survival as is... So not having to buiild dirt towers is very miniscule compared to everything else.

Collecting resources and placing the blocks is the real point of building something legit, which is still there.
  12. Haha, "Shine Bright like a Diamond", I get it :p Awesome updates! :D
  13. I believe we will now get sewed by sony...
    mba2012 and AlexChance like this.
  14. Wish I'm a Diamond supporter.:(
  15. I feel I need to add the obligatory "this doesn't mean you can use a fly mod anywhere on the server". Because I can guarantee someone will try it and try to use this as an excuse ...
  16. I can just see that public appeal banned thread made any day now haha
  17. I told Sonicol1, Britbrit and Scarligmione the very same thing on Skype. Haha!

"I was banned for flying when I was using the fly capability that is the new perk"
    sonicol1 and mba2012 like this.
  18. I wonder how many people will now upgrade to Diamond for that single perk.

You sneaky, sneaky........ :)

If $20 didn't make EMC more like a monthly bill than a spot of fun and supporting a good server, I'd go for it to be honest. Good call.
    There will be some disgruntled folk out there, but, really, scale of problems, having fly in Utopia doesn't even register.

Look forward to some amazing builds!
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. How did they get the idea of flying? Because that was my entry for EMCdeas by JackBiggin. :S
  20. The ability is to shine bright while you are a diamond? D: