[Empire Update!] Shine Bright Like A Diamond!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Jan 17, 2013.

1. ill atleast try
  2. *Changes ICC's mind to bring it to all servers*
    PRO_G4NGST4, jrm531 and mba2012 like this.
  3. Can we get some confirmation on the referrals? I had one today and it only earned me 500r.
  4. +2,000 -> 138,919
    about an hour ago
    Bonus for referring Korgoroth
    jrm531 likes this.
  5. Huh, weird, it says 500 in the alert.
    mba2012 and Jimbonothing64 like this.
  6. Flying, Its so, unnatural...
  7. Ah...we may have to have Justin do some back end website editing on that. Thanks for the heads up!
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. I admit the flying is tempting but I don't think I will upgrade to Gold just for that as I think that's not what's it's about :)
    nerone94 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  9. I think for whenever or if we get to minestatus top 10 the perk would one of these:
    Flying in wild for 6 hours
    Diamond supporter for everyone for a day
    An extra residence
    God mode for 6 hours
    20k for everyone
    Any more suggestions?
    battmeghs, penfoldex and mba2012 like this.
  10. Well god mode, that would be interesting.
    What would that include?
    Because my idea of god mode would be creative....
    HylianNinja likes this.
  11. Wow, you must want to ruin the economy more than Aikar does.
  12. How bout top 2
    minus the God Mode creative spawning items thing,
    the residence would have to be like 30*30(real small),
    and diamond supporter without the claiming 4 reses...
    Yeah that's better... Cause like Hylian Ninja said... This will mess up a crapload of things.
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. So much money :p
    creepincreepers7 likes this.
  14. Not sure I like this. One of the things that I always liked about EMC was that it was NOT like all the other MC servers that just pimp their members for votes to become a "voter farm" server. Is this the way EMC got popular? I dont think votes and adverts are the best way to improve EMC nor do I think being #1 on a voting website says anything about how good a server is. The ones at the top of those list aren't the "best" or even the most popular MC servers out there, they are the servers that are good at finding a way to exploitpeople to vote (ie you cant log on each day until you have voted, etc etc.)

Focusing on increasing the amount of members shouldn't be our #1 goal. I'm a firm believer in making a fun and unique gaming experience and making the members you have happy, and your best advertising tool would be pleased players' word of mouth, not bribing them with rupees.. but thats just me.

I love EMC, but this new direction makes me a little sad.
  15. I think this would be fine, but it better be one good server if they don't want to lose all their members instantly.
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. Wish gold supporters would have gotten something.
    mba2012 and 1998golfer like this.
  17. Back when we started, we were actually in the top 10 on a lot of server lists (and did some advertising as well on server lists).

Unfortunately, there's a lot of servers who do FORCE votes to play, as you said, which makes it harder for us to appear on the top pages.

EMC isn't taking a new direction by any means and don't let anyone tell you different, but advertising is the life blood of anything, whether it's a business, game server, or anything else out there. With us not having our name on the top of those lists like we did in the past, you can see the huge drops in numbers we sustained from that. When we increased our rupees for voting bonuses, you will also see a considerable jump.

No, being on top for every server doesn't mean it's good...but they are the ones who will get the most members. Some people don't KNOW about EMC and the only way to show them how great we are is to be SEEN SEEN SEEN.

Hope this makes sense and let's you know we're not taking any radical directions. We're the same as we always have been. :)
    mba2012 and creepincreepers7 like this.
  18. Great, another reason to ask my parents for diamond... You are pushing this too hard! I'm not ready to ask them!
  19. I don't like this. Don't think I'll be buying Diamond anytime soon.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  20. Brb gotta fly
    Twitch1, creepincreepers7 and mba2012 like this.