Empire Subway

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kilmannan, Dec 23, 2011.

1. This could potentially be awesome depending on how much effort is put into it...
  2. Great idea! The community as a whole could put together a general framework as described, and individual res owners could make their own track links between their res and the main corridors.

A double-track system for the main corridors with signs showing which direction should be travelled on them might help with any traffic problems (assuming people are willing to obey them). Smaller links would only lead to the intersection (not join with it) so that incommers couldnt jam up traffic already in progress. To be honest, I like roaming around town on foot to check out all the residences because if you use the random teleport feature I seem to miss alot. A rail system would help me get to other parts easily.

I suspect if anybody abandons their minecart, there will be someone to dispose of it for them. ;)
  3. thats alot of code
  4. So people couldn't grief, maybe only have the mods and admins able to Make the thing, you could design a model on creative, but it would be faster with world edit
  5. Huge train station next to spawn, yes please!
  6. Now this is literally the winner :) hope then would accept this and make. it would be another emcs unique feature ...
    AlexChance likes this.
  7. This would be awesome but like communism it works in concept but not in practise because people could drop blocks onto the tracks and then the mine carts will just stop and that would just be hard to set off again also this would cause lag when there are a few people on the tracks and fairly pointless if they are underground so I think there should be tracks on the edge-middle-wide roads so there is less lag. unless Justin disables dropping blocks near the track.
  8. I thought of something else last night. Instead of burying it, we could make an elevated train system. This could only be st up along the main corridor lines Kilmannan outlined. The double-roads are wide enough to include a small station right over the raod. This could then be part of the protected town property and could not be griefed.

As far as advertising, there could be a wall at each station and people could put a sign up adveertising a res/shop etc. Putting a sign on that wall would cost x rupees. Signs would disappear after a (week/month) to deal with derilicts.
  9. Yeah sounds good but I still don't see the point in a monorail if we can just use /v <res number> I know it would be cool but it will mean more time Senior staff and Admins have to build and it will only look cool and cause lag :/
  10. The main idea for this was transporting goods insted couldnt you use RTS you have to just throw the items on the pressure plate
  11. Yes but I put items on a RTS plate and they didnt transport.
  12. I know but if Justin modified the system then it could work
  13. 180,000 tracks for the track to go to all the reses but what of we made the servers into sections and put a station at each section