Empire Minecraft News: September 2015

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Build Guild sounds really good. :p
    Eviltoade likes this.
  2. Whatever it will always be the YouTube team to me.
  3. Well, it doesn't mean anything to staff because of the attached complications, but if said member is as honorable as they claim (or as is claimed) then the trust part will run deep enough.

Still... There is an easy way around all this while still making sure that everyone's interests are mostly protected: don't loan the item but sell it for an xx amount of rupees. Doesn't even have to be full prize value, just a substantial / good part of it. However, also agree that the item can be bought back for the same amount of rupees. So instead of making some kind of loan contract you make an agreement (signed book) which says that $previous_owner can buy the item back.

Now; if the player gets banned you'll still have the (or some) rupees to cover for damages. And if the usage period is over... well, you undo the whole thing and buy it back.

But honestly; basically nothing changed here.
    SoulPunisher and ChamelonNYC like this.
  4. Congratulations to all the winners! :)
  5. About time something was done about the youtube team. No videos for the past 7 months all of which from 1 player and I still wonder what the other team members are doing.
    smp5 and Gawadrolt like this.
  6. Real life sometimes comes up and we have to respect that from volunteer team members like the YouTube Team. Making a video is a lot more intensive than editing a wiki page so it takes sometimes months to make quality content. However, we have multiple videos that resulted from the YouTube Team. However, we felt that lack of activity was due to the strict nature of what the team was doing. A s a result, we're loosening things up to be more casual. They can still make videos if they wish, but this way they can have content more frequently without the in depth planning and video editing.
    SoulPunisher and ShelLuser like this.
  7. I was thinking the same thing as scarecboi but!! I also noticed when trying to find one if the youtube team members about two months or so ago that not a single one had logged in in over a week so just figured there wasn't any active people on the youtube team. I know alexchance has a huge mall that was partly finished the last time I saw it so I'm guessing his attention was split the times he was online.
    SkareCboi likes this.
  8. Interesting thread. Thanks for the time you put into it. :) I will certainly be using that Mob Suggestion form, and I look forward to seeing the new Stream Team members. Thanks to Alex for his service as YouTube Team head, and massive congrats (again :p) to Crow, Zion, and Carol for their new ultra-nutritious status as Moderators! :D
  9. Woot! Congrats to the new mods :D

Glad to see you pointed out the reporting and the loans. I see people all the time shouting about someone taking something that they agreed to give them. "Loaning" should be avoided altogether. It makes life easier. But I also like what ShelLuser said as far as payment goes. ^_^
    ChickenDice and ThaKloned like this.
  10. The winners of the contest... I don't recognize any of their names... o_o
    Who. Are. You. People.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  11. I'm sure people have other things to do, but a hole of 7 months in the online world means nothing is happening. So obviously there was some miscommunication there as a server this big should at least have a new video every month if not every week. Even if it is just to show case the latest promos and such.
    A well recorded video doesn't need much editing. I know that as I have done video editing and recording. Even know how to do graphic design. All I'm seeing is people on a team that just have a title for the glory of the title and that have not much to show for it if not anything at all.
    MustangLover25, smp5 and Roslyn like this.
  12. *facepalm* My graphic could have placed if I remembered to save. Congratz to staff and all winners! :)
  13. Great job on the news Krysyy.. as usual, lol. Congratz once again to the new greenies. =D
  14. Congrats winners of the supporter page :)

Atleast I tried.
  15. Thanks for the news Krysyy & congrats to the 3 new moderators (Zion_Moyer, carolmoss & MercenaryCrow)! :)
  16. I love the new updates I hope to see more
  17. And a lot of that blame falls to us for making the YouTube team qualifications, etc strictly focused on promotional and tutorial videos. We weren't making videos to announce new promos or do let's plays. Our focus was quality, not quantity. With only a few qualified members and the quality we were shooting for, it did take more time than usual to produce a video. The instructional videos took a couple months to put together on their own. The team hasn't been completely inactive though, as I staged an event for one recently in order to get the perfect shot for a firefloor with minimal lag (which isn't easy). Keep in mind that we also had a lot less players that were on the team than on the build team or the contribution team. Discounting the effort they gave to even just get on the team is unfair to them.
  18. Now I see why this months Newsletter took so long, it is long. Congrats to the new members of the staff team!
  19. wow! those banners are awesome congrats Catacacalysm !
  20. All of this is just words but no real results or plans on real content. As show cases like showing the new promos which would have been easy to show, even ShelLuser was able to do tutorials just with screenshots for the new preview chests. So if he had time to do those why does the "stream team" unable to do features is out of my hands. But all I could see are very amateur videos that from my perspective are very basic. Sure you may say that those took months to make but experienced people could make promo features in just 1 day. Even I could do the same. So yes I am criticising the content that was done through this team as no content was created for 7 months. You are trying to give excuses for a team that pretty much did nothing for 7 months, yet they are plenty of EMC players that are willing to help out with this but somehow do not get a chance. And I know of many that still keep their mouth shut in the hope of actually making a difference. This team needs a revamp and "you" keep trying to defend an inactive team, so yes Alex did do some videos ages ago but what about the other members.
    Let me remind you that their own channel on youtube does not count towards the official youtube channel content.
    This is why I am stating my opinion on this mater as this team was poorly managed from the beginning. I just hope that the changes will finally be for the best and you actually give people willing to help a chance rather than keep giving excuses for a team that had no content.
    EDIT: if a team member is not pulling their weight then why are they still on that team?
    DragonRock13 likes this.