Empire Minecraft News: September 2015

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Oh a new monthly of the "Empire Minecraft News" Better figure out what I'm trying to comment here....

Wait hammer time
  2. Congrats to all mods!
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  3. If you feel that you can produce better content, then maybe you should consider applying to be on the team. If you don't want to apply, then don't. The Stream Team received the least amount of interest from players wanting to join, and that's not their fault. I'm simply defending the work that was done, because while it may not have been a lot, it shouldn't be discounted. If you want to call them excuses, go for it, but these players are a part of a volunteer group of players. They aren't expected to quit being players and only work on videos when they go on EMC. That's not fair to them. In addition, if they are underage, there are certain guidelines we have to follow for videos posted to our page.

If you feel the need to blame someone on the team that wasn't doing their best, then by all means, blame me. I made it clear from the get go to these players that the videos were not to become a priority in their lives and if they needed extra time to make something better or just to take a break from EMC, then that was fine. We don't have a strict schedule because these are supposed to be for FUN. These teams we have, they aren't jobs. They aren't more important than being a part of events, community contests, etc. They're simply for those that can and want to participate in some extracurricular EMC stuff. There is no limit to the number of players that we can have on any of the teams either. So one player that earned their way being on the team does nothing against anyone else when they want to take a small break due to irl. There are no certain 'spots' that open up, etc for others to take when someone leaves.

That being said, we decided to change the course of the Stream Team to focus on more fun and more relaxed content, not always on the official EMC youtube. Hopefully this encourages more to get involved and get the name of EMC out there =)
  4. Wow, I just had to put in a reply.. if was gonna be loooong but Krysyy said it so much more eloquent than I.

I just don't understand all the hate. Why!? If you fill you can do a better job then YOU put yourself out there and get ready for the next person just like you to leave their hate comments about what you should or should not be doing.
    ..and as I've already said .. Krysyy said it much better. :p
    BlinkyBinky, 8808 and ThaKloned like this.
  5. Those that can, do. Those that can't, complain.
  6. Eh, i think skareboi's just being a classic critic.
    Unhappy with part of something he really likes so he's critisizing about something he wants to be made better.
    But movie critics don't go out of their way to redo the movies they hate and article critics don't bother re-writing the articles they (metaphorically) tear apart. So why tell skareboi to go out of his way to make a video?
    Gawadrolt, SkareCboi and YaniiMarie like this.
  7. Thanks again Krysyy for putting this together so everyone can learn what's going on around the family of emc!
    crystaldragon13 and CadenMann like this.
  8. Thought the same
  9. Congrats Carol!
  10. If a single Youtuber can put out a decent video in a single day, or a couple of days. I think an entire team can put at least one out every week or so. Just my two cents.

I'm hoping the new/revamped team can actually put out content this time around.

Nice additions.
    Gawadrolt and SkareCboi like this.
  11. Day 1: Planning
    Day 2: Organiziing
    Day 3: Filming
    Day 4: Adding FX
    Day 5: Editing
    Day 6: Finishing Touches
    Day 7: Uploading and Informing the Community

It shouldn't take months to create quality content when it comes to YouTube videos, if so, you're doing something wrong.
    Gawadrolt, SkareCboi and Catacacalysm like this.
  12. cool post :)
    Also grats to all the new mods and contest winners! :D
  13. Is there really a need to bash on the YouTube Team for lack of content? Obviously the staff know there's a problem, hence why they're reforming the YouTube Stream Team. The past is the past; it's time to look forward. :)
  14. You missed
    Day 1.1: Life
    Day 2.1: Life
    Day 3.1: Life
    Day 4.1: Life
    Day 5.1: Life
    Day 6.1: Life
    Day 7.1: Life

I work really hard on EMC and I don't focus on a single task an entire week straight. Too much else goes on in life. Never going to expect that of the volunteer teams.
  15. Then why don't you join and provide for all?
  16. So Life got in the way and caused only about 13 minutes of content to be created in the past year?
    Damn.
  17. The world revolves around the reporting chain. People need someone to guide them. We created the team thinking it was the opportune time, but as it always happens in life: things don't go as planned.

More important stuff comes up, and things have priorities shifted. So Krysyy gave them direction on the projects that were completed, but incase it's not clear, we've busted our tails off the past year.

Priorities changed, and making big pushes on the YT team was not one of them. Such is life, and it doesn't matter. Having the team sit inactive did not hurt us, and did not hurt the team. And dismantling the team until we were able to get back to it is absurd.

The solution? Don't make a deal out of it. Move on and enjoy the game and stop fussing over trivial pointless things such as how much content the YouTube team put out.
  18. YaniiMarie and 8808 like this.
  19. More Minecraft users (A.K.A potential members) use YouTube more than any other site that we advertise on, so if you actually think about it, yes the Youtube team sitting there inactive for 7 months did hurt us.

I'm not making a big deal out of this, I'm stating my opinion and you're defending your volunteers, but that doesn't change anything. The YouTube team put out roughly thirteen minutes of content over the past year, 1/3 of that being a single video. My point is, the change won't make any difference from what was happening before, as Krysyy said not many people showed interest in it before, and looking at the kind of set up and PC that streaming requires, I doubt many others will be.
    8808 and SkareCboi like this.
  20. I'm not taking any sides, but saying that the team was useless and could have been improved, doesn't mean you have to join. It's just a suggestion that should be considered