Empire Minecraft News: January 2015

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Right. A lot had happened in the last quarter of 2014 for Minecraft, in addition to the 1.8 update. Many Bukkit servers, like EMC, had to wait for Spigot, a plugin based heavily on Bukkit, to update which happened in early December. What problems come with that time of release is that the staff usually doesn't have much time to work on the conversions because of the nearing holiday season. I think the season of Christmas, New Years, etc. has passed be now, but the people on vacation, including most of Mojang, need the time to return to their normal routines.

EDIT: My guess for EMC 1.8 is February or later.

EDIT 2: Whenever I mention or think about, "when will EMC update to 1.8?!", I try to believe it will happen, but I'm also thinking it will never happen and there's nothing I can do about it. This pessimistic viewpoint I get makes me think everything I'm doing for Minecraft has no value. For example: all of the preparation work I've been doing for months could be absolutely useless, according to my pessimism.
    If only I could get help to be patient through this uncertain time of waiting or get more motivation to play Minecraft. Although, several waits for me disregarding Minecraft have passed.
  2. Wow, massive update. Congrats to all contest winners! I love AlexChance's card. :) Not sure if I'm going to do the referral contest this month, probably will just be lazy and skip it again. :p Also happy to see the community appreciation out again! That's cool. :) Mmm, what else... Ah, good luck to all people applying for moderator! I know we'll get a great new crop of mods this time around. Also good luck to JustinGuy Build Tribute entries! :) Thanks for all the cool stuff.
  3. Haha love the cards! Grats all!
    Great thread; I think it's a great summary of everything important going on :)
    607, cadenman2002 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Does liking all the posts on the forums count as being active on the forums? ;)
  5. Read the small text... read the small text lol
    Equinox_Boss and cadenman2002 like this.
  6. So are there going to be any changes to the auction rules this month? (event items specifically)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. They are still in writing and discussion. I've got some mods on it.
  8. That's worded amazingly. Sounds like you're playing some kind of real time strategy game.
  9. Nah, lol I wish though.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Anything on the January contest yet?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. That moment when you accidentally send your baby pictures instead of your application to Krysyyjane... :oops:
    crystaldragon13, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. Cool thanks
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. I think she forgot long ago...
    Equinox_Boss and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  14. I could of been first! D;

I never knew first was a big deal though.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. :eek:
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. Oh my word!

Thanks a bunch, that's highly appreciated Kryssy! Awesomeness!

Beware Utopia, because Shellism is coming for you! ;) (a bit of a lame joke on my end; running a bit amongst my friends and me, long, long story). Even so... I know (I think) where this is coming from so yah; that Utopia residence is going to be shared with my friends. We have some cool things planned which I hope may even help out the community a bit.

The funniest thing guys, one of my friends just congratulated me on winning a support voucher. I was like, oh, well, didn't notice. The fun part is that I had already read this news post. And totally missing the obvious of course... So he then pointed me to this thread, I read it again and finally it hit me.

Conspiracies I tell you!

Anyway, thanks again Kryssy. Really cool indeed, this voucher is going to be put to good use.

What we have planned you (dear anonymous reader) ask? Well, that is going to be a surprise, can't spoil it. But rest assured; this voucher will realize some of those plans and when we're done you can expect an announcement on the forums too.

Did I think thank Kryssy already? Oh wait, I did :)

I love this :)
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  17. Updates do not get based on Vanilla's release date, but instead Spigots release date.

Spigot has only had 1.8 out for about a month, but I am not in any rush to update us. Probally going to sit on it for a bit longer.

1.8 is a really bad update and if people are upset over the recent 40 player cap.... 1.8 might make us lower it even more. It's that bad.

It also will bring instability and tons of bugs. So, were getting EMC pretty stable/"big bug" free and I just don't have the time to throw that away and go back into fire fighting mode at this time.

I rather focus on the special stuff players want instead.
  18. I can be the first to say, I totally agree with that.
  19. Hmm what happens if 40 supporters are on and another supporter tries to join?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. Then you would have 41 supporters on. :p
    607, Equinox_Boss, jrm531 and 2 others like this.