Empire Community Appreciation Awards: January - June 2015

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Even though I am not well known enough to merit any nominations (not taking that little white lie under my name into account.. T^T ), with the recent fiasco I caused by accident, I should request that I be disqualified from nomination because it would not actually feel right to be nominated if I were.. Besides I don't feel that what I do in the shadows is enough to be given such an honor.. T^T
  2. Did this slip through the cracks, or did I just miss the announcement? Been skimming the newsletter posts for the last few months and haven't seen results posted yet.
  3. I have been wondering the same.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Perhaps they're just working really hard on deciding between a few people that are just so close to each other in terms of receiving the award? I'm sure sometimes it can get really tough.
  5. The award ceremony is set for sometime in the future - aikartime.. :p
  6. I remember posting them for final staff vote and thought they were posted, but they might have been something that was forgotten in that monstrosity of the September Newsletter.
  7. Are the results coming soonish?
  8. deathconn, xHaro_Der and CadenMann like this.
  9. Turns out they weren't actually posted to staff and Krysyy is crazily mixing up old ones in her head.

SO...I'm analyzing the submissions and depending on the closeness of votes, will include staff in the last decision. Aiming for the end of tonight since I completely went derp on this, but depends on closeness of votes.
    ww2fan168, tuqueque and xHaro_Der like this.
  10. Sounds good XD derping is always welcome.
  11. We're all human. :)
    Kytula likes this.
  12. I assume it's a close vote?
  13. It's either a close vote or Krysyy don goofed again. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say it was the first one >.>
  14. Admins are people too.. And peoples need sleeps... xD
    xHaro_Der and Kytula like this.
  15. I, as a peoples, can testify that I likes mine sleeps.
    autumnrain26 and Kytula like this.
  16. bump :p
  17. blame people that had the bright idea to bribe people to vote for them/use alts to vote

I'm having to verify everyone's alt accounts and verify the legitimacy of their bribery claims.
    LuckyPat, Kytula and xHaro_Der like this.
  18. Gah.. Why don't people understand simple rules. It's not that difficult ;-;
    LuckyPat, Kytula and Tahitan like this.
  19. Ok guys, there are a few things I really need to get off my chest here; there is a small bit of (self inflicted) "controversy" around my award and I want to set the whole thing straight and explain a few things.

But before I do that I'd like to share a private "that moment when" first....

So I come back from SMP8 after helping someone out... I left my voters gear on SMP8 for the past days because of that and now it was time to take it all back home to SMP2, also because I have a mining trip planned later this weekend.

That moment when... you empty your vault and suddenly realize that you got 2 voters sword, or do you? And what is that strange book doing there anyway? ;)

THEN you suddenly realize... oh my, this is awesome!

This is SO cool you guys, thanks SO much for this!

Thanks a bunch to all the players who voted for me, you're the best! And of course also a warm and well meant thank you to EMC staff for doing all this. I know I may have given a bit of a wrong impression with some people but make no mistake about it: this means a lot to me, really. I mean... an official token of appreciation from the Minecraft server I like and value the most? How could that be anything BUT awesomely special?

So yeah, thanks again! This is special enough to not be kept in my promo chest but this remains safely in my /vault. Don't get me wrong: I value my promos and such too, but some things (like these items!) are simply that bit of extra special :cool:

BUT... I also got a small confession to make.

As noted by some of my friends I initially withdrew myself from the event. I don't know if this was overlooked or simply ignored by staff but I need to set this straight. Also because the reason for this was a reason which the players I shared this with plain out called stupid on my account. A bit understandable, but still stupid :D

That's the main reason why I also ignored the past and why I'm now accepting & appreciating the award.

But not without sharing the full story with you guys.

When EMC held its 4th anniversary the staff organized this huge drop party, I'm sure some of you will remember. If not, then let me refresh you memory a bit: I'm talking about this event here. Now, here's where it got problematic for me... A few players who shall remain anonymous approached me (well, one did but I quickly discovered that he was part of a group) and asked me if I would like to help give away some money and some items.

Knowing very well that a drop party is bound to leave some players without a prize I accepted. Not just that, I immediately consulted a close friend of mine, explained the situation in a few words and then donated half the "to be given away" money so that in the event I was lagging out (I had a hunch that was going to happen) they could carry on. We both ended up doing our share of giving away stuff :cool:

I like to think that it was a huge success. Heck, I even gave more money away than I initially got and I know some players were really happy.

Now, here's where the problem began. I don't like taking credit for other people's work. And many players approached me to ask why I was giving them money (giving away items is easy: you drop it, then make a run for it and you disappear in the crowd). I also got many thank you's and although I did explain to some, I couldn't really tell everyone the full story and continue giving money away (also note that it was well past my bedtime and I also wasn't very clear minded anymore, I had an extra drink to celebrate ;)).

So yeah, that was basically my dilemma and why I then decided that I should pull out. Because I was afraid that people would pick up on my actions during the anniversary event to make up their mind for this event.

Anyway... As said I talked about this to a few players and yah... In the overall they basically told me that "if you think that EMC would only look back at that one moment and ignore all the rest you did then you really need more coffee dude!". Not in those exact words (at one time I also got called stupid :D) but that was basically the message :)

And that is the whole story. I basically went with what my friends told me and forgot about the past. But now that it has become official and I'm now an "Empire Defender" I figured I should come clean here. So there you go.

Sincerely,

A very proud & honored ShelLuser!

PS: thanks again, you guys are awesome!
    HelloKittyRo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.