[EMC Suggestion] Re-enable Punch Bow Tricks from Vanilla

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ForeverMaster, May 7, 2016.

?

Do you support this Empire Suggestion or not?

+ 1 46 vote(s) 92.0%
- 1 4 vote(s) 8.0%

1. As far as I can see, there is no valid reason

What he said ^
  2. One problem is that it could possible be used for pvping, unless you're just suggesting for you to be able to take damage from your own arrow... And even so, I can see people exploiting newbies to have them kill themselves. -1 from me.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  3. Is EMC supposed to be a "no PvP" network?
    Are there any scenarios where players fight in uneven terrain, not flat like the Mob Arena?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. The reason they can't do it now is because aikar turned it off, so why couldn't just turn it off in the pvp arena's if it is a bad thing?
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  5. I could kind of see where you're coming from, but what we were suggesting is that you would only be able to hit yourself with your own arrow. As ForeverMaster0 said in the OP,
    So, no PvP. Also, I could you elaborate more on how people could exploit this to make new players kill themselves? Thanks!
    ForeverMaster0 and 607 like this.
  6. [quote="omarsgifford14, post: 1169770" Also, I could you elaborate more on how people could exploit this to make new players kill themselves? Thanks![/quote]

I think he means telling people things like "Hit yourself with an arrow, it will make you fly! Just keep hitting yourself!" but I don't think that will be a problem. If people would fall for that and die, there are already enough ways to do the same to them now.
    ShelLuser and omarsgifford14 like this.
  7. That would be fault of the player(s), not developers. The tricks aren't easy to do in the first place; they're advanced. If they want to utilize them to the fullest, I believe the player has to understand the more basic parts first.
    If they're using a pair of elytra, they first have to know how to open them out to fly.

It's our responsibility for how we present these techniques to each other.;)

Sometimes, the greatest teachers are those knowledgeable in psychology.
  8. Indeed, I absolutely agree!
  9. I could not have said it any better! :D
    ForeverMaster0 and ShelLuser like this.
  10. Sounds like a good idea to me! Then Aya can shoot herself again while trying to kill a shulker in an End tower (see my 1.9 review thread) :D
  11. BUMP

(Staff I know you had to approve this msg before it was posted so read this thread and respond please)
    omarsgifford14 likes this.
  12. Responded. I see no compelling reason to make this change. Not going to flat out deny at this point. Leaving in the state as listed below.
    Blue indicates suggestion neither accepted nor denied, but tabled for future discussion

I find no evidence of Aikar or EMC in general of changing this game mechanic. If there is any change, it is as a result of pvp being set to off in most areas (implying it would work in pvp arenas).
  13. We got a staff response! It wasn't what we wanted, but it gave us a hint of the current state! Now let's get those poll numbers so high they have to say yes!
  14. is that supposed to be me?im not as evil as him, am I?:p, oh ya. A++++
  15. I honestly don't mind if this becomes a thing or not...
    but I, too, am glad we got a Staff reply c:
  16. The compelling reason is that flying with a Punch II bow is a lot of fun (I recommend trying it if you haven't already) and makes the elytra a lot more useful. It is also a feature already present in vanilla, rather than an entirely brand new game mechanic, and if implemented in the way suggested (arrows only affect the player who fired them) then it's not possible to use for PvP or griefing.