[EMC Suggestion] Re-enable Punch Bow Tricks from Vanilla

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ForeverMaster, May 7, 2016.

?

Do you support this Empire Suggestion or not?

+ 1 46 vote(s) 92.0%
- 1 4 vote(s) 8.0%
  1. Exactly!

Bump! XD
    nuclearbobomb and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  2. Post-Renaissance Festival bump!
  3. Did either of you test if you can shoot yourself in PvP? Haven't been at a computer myself in a couple days (my graduation).
  4. I just tested it now. Yes you can shoot yourself in PvP arenas! Congrats on graduation! Hope you had a wonderful time!
    nuclearbobomb and Patr1cV like this.
  5. Like Omar said, it is and has been possible, so it's obviously do-able. and congrats!
  6. Yes, because it is an interesting trick, it's fun, it's not overpowered.

It is not only about punch, I think tipped arrow effects should work as well.

I think the rules and in-game messages make it more than clear that PvP is forbidden outside of PvP arenas, so there is no need to try to (and it wouldn't make sense to try to) disable all and every thing that could be misused for PvP.

IMO, it's instead better to log PvP harm, so when a victim reports being attacked (so not being an accident), the moderators can handle that in appropriate manner.
    607 likes this.
  7. Yes. Tripped arrows do work fine with the trick.

But be aware that you cannot get infinite shots for those arrows, not even with an Infinity bow.
    omarsgifford14 likes this.
  8. How is it even misused for PVP... in any scenerio this is more just P and not the added VP... or more like self v self. Im the only one being shot... by myself... :p
  9. It's still player vs. Player damage. That's why it was blocked before, we just block it since the arrow originated from a player (never thought it possible someone could shoot themself.
    Okay. Will evaluate the feasibility of the suggestion. Although it is possible, not guaranteeing we will do it, but Aikar and I will discuss it
    Zrugite, jkrmnj, TomvanWijnen and 4 others like this.
  10. Bump! Let's get those yes votes up! Also, thanks Chickeneer for considering this feature, I really hope this is implemented.
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  11. Everybody say bump keep it going!
  12. I used to hit myself with min. strength pulls (basically click spam on bow without any draw strength) on single player or other servers out of boredom. Or if you are good at moving, shooting straight up and being under the falling arrow, or arrows being stuck in gravity blocks as an entity still, and breaking the gravity block would make the arrow entity fall hitting the player for damage.. xD
    607 and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  13. Bump! :p Let's get more votes!
  14. +1

Anything that makes less dirt towers in the wilderness is a good idea.
  15. You can also use the falling block entities as an arrow shield.
    autumnrain26 likes this.
  16. +1 sounds cool =D