EMC Staff

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kaptrix, Nov 26, 2015.

1. You don't have to be rude you know and just so you know people do talk behind your back on mumble about how rude you are.
    Seanawesome14 likes this.
  2. *says you don't have to be rude*
    *says something off-topic to deter attention from what you just said*
  3. :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rly!?

[6/18/2016 edit]
    My sarcasm is kinda cringy but still, it's Mustang, what can I say? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  4. What it's true! Everytime someone makes a suggestion he always trust to shoot down that person's idea. Not to mention he does /report on every little thing possible.
    iNachos10 and Seanawesome14 like this.
  5. Yes whenever you leave the channel that sometimes happens.
  6. Does that make it even remotely on-topic?
    This is even farther off-topic.
    This is just.. what are you trying to prove right now?
  7. *breaths more air out of nose than usual*

I'll respond to this seriously. Just for now. I don't want this thread to go from the bash-on-staff thread to the bash-on-penguin thread. Not that I mind it, it's kinda amusing.

I 'shoot down' suggestions not because I don't like them but because I don't think they'd work on EMC. Every time I post negatively on a suggestion I provide a reason or a way to improve that suggestion. Very little of my posts in the suggestion box are positive because good, helpful, thought-out suggestions don't need my input, which is why I don't post +1 any more.

As for the reporting, that's sort of true. Does that make me a bad person? Hell no. I'll report for little things a lot (not 11 repeated characters or someone saying "shut up"); so what? Does it really matter how much/what I report? Staff have never had a problem with it (never been banned for false reporting or approached regarding reporting), so why should you?

[6/18/2016 edit]
    Now, I wouldn't report you if you were blatantly cheating in front of me. Hack, little birdy, grow your wings ghost client and hack!
  8. You know what drop it.
  9. Stating my opinion of something doesn't mean I have to give a solution for it. I'm not krysyy, so I can't solve this problem. All I can do is to continue giving my opinion. If I were krysyy, I would re-train the staff, especially the ones that have been here the longest. I feel as if things have gotten too comfortable since they've been staff so long. In this training, I would include how to deal with people as a community, not just how to enforce the rules. Also, I'm not "bashing" I'm giving an opinion. I never said "all staff are horrible and should be removed from staff immediately." And as far as taking it private goes, I've tried private messages with senior staff. They get you nowhere. I've mentioned before a pm I started with a senior staff member. I kept having to add more and more staff to the pm just to get someone to respond. I think it ended up with 3 or 4 senior staff members plus kryssy. So that isn't really a productive option in my experience. Also, like I said, there isn't one specific incident I'm talking about so how can I pm someone saying "take a look over my past year"?
  10. Hello, Now It Is My Time To Tell Everyone My Understanding And Feeling About This. The first Day I joined EMC Was At About 4 pm When The FireFloor Was One. I Joined And There Were 4 Staff On, Did You Think One of Them Stopped Playing And Said Welcome to EMC Tahitan? No, They Just didn't say anything instead other members said, "Welcome to EMC Tahitan". Couple Days Went Pass And I Understood the meaning of staff and that they should make this community better. I Have Seen Many Players Join And The Whole Chat didn't say anything also Staff Didn't Say Anything. SomeTimes I feel like the Community Lost The Feeling of Welcoming Someone. This Makes EMC Special that the community is so closely bonded, but these couple months I see this special flair to EMC Slowly fade Away, We Didn't Teach New Players To Welcome Someone joining like we did a while back. I always thought Staff Should Make EMC better and Make New Players Feel Welcome. I am sorry but in my eyes I see EMC Different as when I joined the first time. My Other Thought is this I have noticed the players who become staff are players that I mostly never heard of (Some.......). These Players May Have only did one good thing to make this community better and suddenly they become staff? It doesn't work that way I see many players contribute their playtime for helping players and really engaging into this community, why Arent They staff Then? Only because you are a good writer doesn't mean you should become staff right away. I would love to see one of those players that I know of who do everything for this community but they just never become staff rather players who have only posted small threads and don't do anything memorial for this Community become Staff. I just Don't Get It.

(I Am Not Talking About All Staff, Sorry For My Bad Grammar.)

~Tahitan

Edit: Thought My Post Will Get Bashed On.
    iNachos10 likes this.
  11. I have no idea what you are complaining about. The EMC staff is one of, if not, THE best staff on any server I have ever played on. Everytime I have an issue, big or small, they are able to help me out. I see no problem with the current staff. I usually interact and talk with them when they are on smp6, and they are very kind. So, I don't know how you are seeing bad staff members. :confused:
  12. Some of us have personal issues with the staff.
  13. But at the same time what has been resolved from threads like this? Look at the last few comments. THAT is what these threads create. Fighting, bickering, etc. Everything that further separates the community. I don't have all the answers either but I know there is a better way than this.

Then it is not a community issue and should be kept personal.
  14. Okay, so, now for a little personal opinion.

I've had some beef with some staff members in the past. Nonetheless, they helped me the best they could and I appreciate that. I have exactly ZERO problems with staff enforcing the rules. They do their jobs rule-wise perfectly well and never have I ever seen a server that enforces the rules better than EMC, and I have traveled the Minecraft lands quite far and wide. The rules being enforced are not a problem here - I just see a distinct lack of community interaction.

Yes, RainbowChin hosts his Firefloor. I appreciate Chin for that. Yes, TheDarkModRises hosts his Big Dig events. I appreciate him for that as well. "Well, if the staff hold events, then I guess that'll keep the community occupied and all is well!" is what most people like to say at this point. However, this time is a crucial point in the future development of the Empire. I've taken a lot of time to think back about the stuff I've said on EMC in the last year on EMC and in all honesty, I regret 95% of it. Yes, Rainbow hosts his Firefloor. Yes, TheDarkMod hosts his Big Dig. But do all staff members host these events? No way. "Real life exists, you know!" is what some people might say. I don't think that not seeing an EMC YouTube video for months on end is a consequences of what some might call real life. My final verdict shall remain as the following, and please, prepare to bash away:

Lack of effort is being shown in some parts of the teams (not solely the staff team) and that needs to be fixed.
    Tigerstar, iNachos10 and SkareCboi like this.
  15. I was describing to him from my perspective.
  16. I just love how this thread got derailed so fast...

I already felt I have given a opinion on a newsletter a while back. I will try to find it.
    iNachos10 and technologygeek like this.
  17. It's Thanksgiving and I'm sitting in Mooses dad's living room on my phone so pardon any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Kaptrix and anyone else that feels the staff aren't doing their best: please pm me the names of staff, especially senior staff mentioned, that you have had issues with. The new staff have a training period as Mods in Training for nearly a month in which I am working on watching not only their actions, but also HOW they handle themselves with players. However, with my focus on the newbies, I may miss an older staff member acting out of line. For this reason, I do rely on the players coming forward with these issues.

That being said, I would appreciate if this didn't turn into a bash on everyone thread. The only inactive team is the Stream Team and that is completely and totally my fault. I haven't assigned anything yet and I'm in the process of vetting new members that have applied and redesigning requirements. Once again, that is my fault, so if you want to bash on someone, I'm available.

As for staff being on stage, we do have projects in motion. Simon pulls staff to test games and that is why at times there may be a lot on stage. In addition, it's used for other build projects that I and other staff members are working on to bring new events, etc to the server. Stage is meant for staff that passes their training to help with staff projects or assist simon, when needed.

As a final note before going back to dinner: I understand everyone gets upset sometimes and thinks that things can be done better. That's going to happen no matter what. However what helps is for players to come up with not only a latest of problems, but also a list of solutions and possibly backup solutions. If you think you have a very specific solution to a problem that you see with staff at this moment, then please pm me and I will do my best to work to solve your problem. It may not be the way you want, but your ideas of how to solve things will give me a better idea of the exact pRobles aspect you have with the staff team as a whole or individually.

And for the umpteenth time as I've proven this to players in mumble, we cannot hear your convo in mumble without you being able to tell quite clearly. It's not possible le on our mumble.
  18. My intention was and will never be to bash anyone whether it be staff or any of the other community members. Anyone that has talked to me in game knows that I am not that kind of person. All I wish to do is to state my opinion. I listed a possible solution, the re-training. I'm not sure what else could be done. I don't want to see people taken off of the staff teams. I just think, like Caden said and many have said before, there is a lack of interaction between staff and regular community members. I feel it's unnecessary to be treated like a nuisance when asking a question or just talking in general.
    iNachos10 and CadenMann like this.
  19. Happy thanksgiving, everyone :(

I've had my share of problems with the staff in the past, mostly as result of me being butt hurt about immature nonsense. These people are volunteers who put their heart and soul into helping all of us. Nobody's perfect, and there is a lack of understanding about that. If there is a problem, and I don't get why nobody gets it, talk to krysyy! She's dealt with me and everyone else on EMC with grace and compassion, and she actually listens. If there is a problem, the management is there to help, and they are always cooperative.

I think that the idea of a player - staff divide is fueled by past events, where it was obvious there was one. I think this has been drastically reduced, and I've encountered very few situations where I felt this vibe.

I've been on EMC for 2 and a half years now. It is depressing to see how nobody is happy, how nobody has faith in staff, and how no one ever leaves this time of year (bash season) with a smile on their face.

Edit: I wrote this on my phone. Please excuse grammar or spelling mistakes.
    iNachos10, ShelLuser, Tahitan and 3 others like this.