EMC global outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by jkrmnj, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Owner of an outpost can have staff's help to bypass AG protections, if needed. Another benefit of being the owner of an established outpost. Also, being friends with all of those players is another benefit. Perhaps make it a requirement to be friends with the outpost owner and they have permission to break blocks?
    Kytula, jkrmnj and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. I'm not sure you're fully understanding my issue.

Unless we're granted an exception, we won't actually be able to establish the outpost in its current location.
    SoulPunisher, jkrmnj and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. My apologies, I was talking in reference to the Global Outpost. Indeed, I know of a few places that are having the issues your describing. Unfortunately, it makes it difficult when there are multiple builders in an area.
  4. I wouldn't mind turning build mode off, I guess.
    jkrmnj and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. We got all the perms cleared in maximus and haven't had an issue, I suggest clearing all of volts perms
    jkrmnj, Equinox_Boss and mba2012 like this.
  6. A little delayed but I updated the Op with the vote that passed. Making Mba's land the outpost did not pass.
    Equinox_Boss and mba2012 like this.
  7. so where is the settlement going to be based out of? I have some locations that could be used, they have roads but not too much developemt
    607, jkrmnj and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. That is still TBD. Would you be able to point these out on the live map and post some screenshots?
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. This is unrelated but what happened to LLO?
    607 and jkrmnj like this.
  10. My offer for Volt is still open if you do want it in the future. Despite the difficulties in establishing the land, I know Aikar has been lenient in the past with outposts built long before establishment.

Given the idea that this is a very democratic outpost, I don't think having some sort of leader with the powers given through establishment is necessary. The main issue obviously is how the stuff will react in different situations. I do think we could work around the issue of not being established.

It's still here, just not really active.
  11. For the past couple of hours, Devon699 and onetoad have been giving me a tour of the area. I got to see Wrem, Volt, Maximus, and a possible location for the Global Outpost. The island of Albion sits north east of where we were originally thinking across the ocean. Since the entire area is controlled by Estonia and Devon, he has offered to give us the land in making things officially established. You can see a basic map of there entire area below:

(click the map to view it larger)

After visiting it and the other settlements, I think it could work well for us. The area is mostly a blank slate with some basic infrastructure like a nether-rail already made. The land north and east is pretty much empty and could be used to expand. This could be a fantastic location for us and we get to enjoy the benefits of establishment. Speaking of which,
    I still am for establishment even if we are democratic. I can place the chest but will have no additional powers because of it. Basically, it gives whatever we make validity in the eyes of the staff. If I stop being active, the GO and whatever is creates will still be able to function and thrive.

With all of that said, I propose we vote on this new location:

If this passes, Devon will confirm everything and make it official.
    SoulPunisher, devon699, 607 and 2 others like this.
  12. I find it hard to get a sense of scale on that map, never having been out there myself.
    But I think it looks good!
    I support.
    Equinox_Boss, devon699 and jkrmnj like this.
  13. Albion is just North of center in this link.
  14. Whats albion?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Take a look at the 2 posts right above you. It is an area of land being offered to us. The name comes from the previous owners but isn't necessarily what we will call it.
  16. Looked it it its nice, totaly vote for it :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. Please copy and quote what you're voting for, it makes it easier to keep track. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. +100
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. It has passed which means we just have to get it officially established.

and

I believe the last step is to make a chest, post a quick thread on the establishment forum, and for Devon699 to mention it in the Estona thread. Is this correct?
  20. I'm not sure how much is already built, but I'd be more than happy to go out and draw up some kind of basic plan for a city centre if you want me to.

I also know a few people who'd be able to build some cool community buildings to help get us started.