EMC: A collapsing economy

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by synth_apparition, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonerila likes this.
  2. Hey, I've got some nether wart I'll trade for your books. :)
  3. Every one keeps on blasting this "Vanilla" but where has EMC ever stated it wants to stay 100% things need to change, such as the shop system, I know because I originally kicked up a massive fuss but change it good.
  4. haha I like french vanilla...

But the main thing behind a "vanilla server" is not to be "the exact same thing as no mods", but to be the same GAMEPLAY style... IE: No Tekkit like stuff that manufactures items for you etc.

People login to eMC and roughly play the same they would on single player. That is what Vanilla means. Adding on additional features that are essentially optional does not ruin the vanilla feel.

You still have a no client mod needed, collect and build gameplay experience. Just little bit of flavor (french?:)) added on to give people a more fun time.

Our goal is to make EMC as fun as possible for everyone :)
    ZBSDKryten and oidgod like this.
  5. DAM YOU I just lost.!!!!!!
    Brennian, HylianNinja and nfell2009 like this.
  6. sorry only buying :D
  7. Notice what I was offering. It was a joke.
  8. I guess this is me and my insomnia again -_- I hate the way I do my job :p
  9. was it?
    Pab10S likes this.
  10. Also, do not forget Emeralds are also a consumable. In other words, they actually LEAVE the economy through trading.

Something like a Stone Brick never leaves unless blown up/block thrown in fire/lava, but emerald will be turned back into villagers to trade so its not like their will be an endless supply building up, and with getting experience and chain mail armor from trading? I think alot of people will be trading.
  11. ICC/Aikar - This is borderline unrelated: Will Villager breeding ever be enabled again?
  12. No no no no, No.
  13. was it ever?
  14. So max is playing 1.3, http://www.twitch.tv/maxaria

So far by what weve seen with trading, emeralds NEED to be cheap... Even with removing eggification, youd still be able to mass produce emeralds by trading.

So in other words, emeralds are MEANT to be cheap, and nothing we do is going to stop that, so there is no point to removing eggification.
  15. No need to shout.

Yep, cheap/free cookies for all of us. Yay. No big deal.

Sure, OK, so emeralds will be worth jack. And wheat. And other stuff they trade. That's fine; we adapt; no problem. They're not going to trade every item; things they trade might be cheaper. Things they don't might be more expensive. The economy will still work.

Now that is a real, and major problem.

If the new system is introduced, it ruins the whole "shop" economy of mc. Sure, that is just part of the game (Aikar); sure, living wild is another (great) aspect of minecraft.

But, a lot of us are having a great time, working on the challenges of running a successful shop.

You don't want to deal with shops? Fine, don't. Feel free to get everything in the wild; that's great. Minecraft can be played so may ways - that's why it's cool.

But some people enjoy the fun of "shopping around" - bartering, negotiating, wheeling-and-dealing. You don't have to do that stuff; you can choose to get everything for free from the wild - fine; I respect that.

All I can see is, you're making it "better" for people who want to live in the wild and ignore rupees... and you don't care about the people who want to do the "rupee side" of things - the ones who have fun with bartering. You're alienating some of the people who contribute the most to this community.

I fear that that will be the end of EMC community. I urge you to reconsider.
  16. I agree
  17. There is one way to fix the economy properly, but no one would like it.
    ENTIRE EMC RESET, TOWNS RESET, WILD RESET, EVERYONE TO 0r!
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  18. no never gonna happen edit it out

The /buy {item} {amount} is like the internet :D
  19. This update has nothing to do with people in the wild... It doesn't help them much at all.

bartering, negotiating and w&d is untouched with the new system... You can still do all that. Nothing is changed. The only thing changed here is removing the need to "shop around". See the issue is you want others to be FORCED to play your style. We do not accept that ideology. Most players just want to build stuff. They don't want to spend 30 minutes of their limited play time shopping around. They want to build.

The new system makes it so they can not worry about the buying aspect, and focus on the building aspect. If they want to spend more time shopping, they can very well go to the shops in person and get cheaper prices (by avoiding the quickbuy fee), or also check other servers for cheaper prices.

The new system lets both types enjoy their game, where as your way (the current) forces people into the more time consuming process.

It's not fair to force others into wasting their time just to fit YOUR playstyle.

Again, how does anything about the shop system help people in the wild who ignore rupees? Those of us who do that wont be using the system at all.

Please don't try to spin things falsely like that.

No, it will not be. Nothing of the community will be impacted. It will only help in that it will bring us new players because our shop system will rock.

The only thing the shop system is going to "negatively" impact is the large shop owners, as they will no longer be the "kings" of their respective server.

I understand you are one of those people, but you will have to sacrifice some for the better of the community.

If you adapt, you will still remain a "top dog". Where you stand in the new shop system is up to you.
    LZBZ_DW and joelslaw like this.
  20. Exactly. And that is just what you are doing. You are forcing us to play your way.

I do not own a large shop. I own a small shop. During my 3 months here, I have worked hard to gain respect.

You are "sacrificing" some of the most dedicated members of EMC, because of the play-style you think is best.

I do not wish to be "top dog".

I want to have fun.

Shopping is fun.
    roblikescake likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.