EMC: A collapsing economy

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by synth_apparition, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why? It doesn't solve any problem...

Were fixing the "money coming in, barely any going out" problem with the update by adding fees.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  2. FOR WHAT??
  3. Quickbuy. See the shop system thread for details.
  4. and selling items.
  5. i meant the whole empire needs a set amount, right now there is an infinite amount
  6. Why is it when I hear people complaining about the economy, what I really hear is people wishing they just had more rupees.

Want more rupees? Work=rupees. Don't want to work? Great, it's a game. Have fun.

Don't want to work and want more rupees? Then it's time to upgrade your supporter status or make a donation to EMC. http://empireminecraft.com/rupees/

It's that simple.
    nfell2009 and Dwight5273 like this.
  7. Sure, and that's your choice.

But for a great many people, shopping is a significant portion of the game.

If you don't want to use shops at all - if you really believe in "pure" minecraft - just get everything from the wilderness.

You do not have to use any shops at all.

But, if this new system is implemented, none of us will be able to enjoy the fun of trying to operate a shop - or bartering, haggling, discussing prices, balancing supply+demand.

It sounds like you wouldn't miss that, because it's not what you enjoy - that's cool; but please realise, there are a lot of people who have fun, every day, shopping. A lot more than live in the wilderness all the time.
    roblikescake likes this.
  8. I agree Herbrin3, I do not like this new shop. It is just going to wreck the player based economy that Empire built. We do not need this new shop feature. EMC can not add this.
  9. The new shop system will not turn out as I hoped it would.

Aikar says you can run a command to find the cheapest of an item, and another command to find shops buying for the highest prices. He said a fee will occur to do this immediately, or you can visit the shop physically to avoid fees. You are wanting to balance supporters and regular players, and provide more for the community, but you didn't even ask the community what they wanted.

Lots of new member make money off big shops. They go mine for an hour, making 500 rupees at a shop. Repat process and they have enough rupees to start their own shop and make it to the top. Yeah, it's MINEcraft. But you should understand the lainess of todays generation. If a server has any economy at all, things like this will occur. Don't ruin the economy for those who like to own big shops. If you don't want players to be owning big shops to earn money, remove the economy. Remove rupees. Do drop trades for the things you want. Do what jeb implemented in villagers. It's simple. Aikar we know your a fan of the wild, but you are catering towards them too much.

The new shop system will simply be a cat and mouse game of who can make the most money off commands.
  10. The fee to command shop better be like high enough like 20% of the items cost because as many mentioned before, it will demolish the physical shop system . What I can see happening is this: player buys for cheapest resells at a stable price and repeats process rather than going out to venture the town or other smp's to compare. Pretty much it helps the people with not much which is good, but it will destroy all major shop owners. Which will then destabilize current prices and throw much items into inflation.
  11. Look Herobrin3 Playing on EMC is YOUR desision and these plugins are OPTIONAL to use I personally support it though.
    oidgod likes this.
  12. I'm really not sure a lot of you guys understand what the terms you're saying really mean at this point and are simply repeating the words that have been said by others.

This is not going to ruin anything at all. The economy will be fine, and Aikar isn't "catering towards the wilders to much". The wilders have had no advantage what-so-ever in anything up until this point and this shop system isn't really going to give them one as you guys seem to think.
  13. Again, please read what the update is about. You will NOT be required to use the new tools. You and anyone who enjoys shopping around will have NOTHING preventing you from doing it at all. NOTHING. Now, please read the information before ranting about things that don't need to be ranted about as it doesn't apply to what we're doing.
  14. 1. Please don't say I'm "ranting". If you are not interested in what I have to say, feel free to ignore it.

2. You say I keep repeating. So do you. How many times, now, have you told us we do "NOT" (sic) have to use it? We know we don't have to use it; that is not relevant to the points we are making.

It seems just an impasse - you say we're not listening, and we say you're not listening. So I guess we're done here; time will tell if it makes people quit.
  15. You've said multiple times that we're "forcing you to use the feature". That's 100% untrue. Nothing will change unless you choose to change. It's really that simple.
    MR2R2M and RoBoT_ChIcKeN_66 like this.
  16. Now, as this has been rehashed about 20 times now, I'm going to lock it again. Like Her said, we'll see how it goes when we launch it months down the road and if a few players want to quit because we add new features, then best of luck to them and we hope they find a server that better suits their needs.
    oidgod, HylianNinja, MR2R2M and 3 others like this.
  17. Okay, I guess I should be more clear. Please do not post more threads about the shop system/economy other than the one official one we have or wait until it's released months down the road and discuss it then when you have facts about how it works. Any more topics created on this subject will be deleted as we don't need more than one (or 5 or 6 as has happened with this topic).
    MR2R2M and marknaaijer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.