Ebola Zombies. The end is near

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gap542, Oct 6, 2014.

1. From a biological standpoint, this makes me excited. That means that there is a hope of recovering from Ebola. You just die a little, then come back =)
  2. Huh, I didn't think of it that way :)
  3. My BS meter is off the charts!
    just_five_fun likes this.
  4. Let me hunt for my arrows for my bow now *finds arrows *
  5. Mr. Shalom over here has a shotgun, machete, 2 killer dogs and 2 pistols and a vault of ammunition I'm good to go!
    generalfelino015 likes this.
  6. I have a knife and a bicycle, as well as the Zombie Survival Guide book...
  7. allow me to show you my guide...
    run
    shoot
    kill
    run more
    steal
    don't die
    The End
  8. Sounds like a higher power is playing Plague Inc.
  9. No zombies, the man in the ABC news clip and the other clip was very sick and mistaken for dead, but did not 'rise' in zombie fashion. The other images are not real and are just someone spreading a little chaos.

I have been following the ebola news for months already and the truth of the situation is plenty scary without making fake stories. If you are interested in the facts, but not the type to have nightmares, then read on.

In my best research, Ebola is about the 3rd most deadly disease around. Smallpox,(which is vaccinated for and not seen since the 70s), Anthrax, which would have to be from a terror attack. Both those have higher mortality rates, still near 90% with proper medical treatment. Yes, there are some other deadly diseases, but they are so rare that I would not consider them a threat unless a verified outbreak existed. How does Ebola compare?... In the modern world with the best medicine and care that -you or I- could expect, the death rate is below 50%.(that is REALLY deadly) In places like Africa that have limited medical means, the rate could drop, without any basic medical intervention the death rate is more like 80%, but no one really knows because of very limited prior events. Society would have to break down completely to allow people to continue to die in the streets of ebola.

Compared to other diseases that you might actually contract how does this stack up? H1N1? less than .1% death rate with proper medical care. Every year people die from the seasonal flu, but although the number is not pretty, the actual percentage is only a fraction of a percent. 1 person in 500 would be .2 percent. Most people do not need any professional medical support unless they develop pneumonia.

"But....", you say, "They are developing a vaccine?..." HIV has been known since the 80s, and still no vaccine exists. Polio? Smallpox? how long did those exists before vaccines became available?

Although transmission is 'not airborne', the disease has an extremely high transmission rate when in contact with bodily fluids. A nurse in France recently contracted ebola from one of only 2 patients in that countries highest level medical facilities. All the best practices under practically ideal containment conditions were not enough.

It's not hopeless. Nigeria was able to contain their outbreak. It's also important to note that the people who don't die of ebola are rendered immune. Those people will be incredibly valuable on the front lines to help infected and potentially infected patients.
    SkyDragonv8 and PlayTehMinecraft like this.
  10. Don't you dare get me started on my zombie apocalypse preperation
  11. The book is good guide for slow moving zombies... if they are fast moving zombies...
    We ded!
  12. Woah you mean this guy?
    boozle628, princebee and samsimx like this.
  13. Fast Zombie novel:
    Run
    Steal
    Shoot
    Steal a car
    Get to the nearest ferris Wheel
    live off others who had the same idea
    Die of Old age and NOT zombies!

if the zombies are even the slightest bit smart and know how to climb then
    We Be Dead Meat!
  14. I'm not that worried actually, because I do things each day (or things could happen to me each day) that are FAR more dangerous than ebola.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Number of people who die each year from car accidents: 1,300,000

Number of people who die each year from food poisoning: 28,000

Number of people who die each year due to junk food: 40,000

Number of people who die each year from flying: 3,250

Number of people who die each year from pneumonia: 50,000

Number of people who die each year from the flu: 20,000

Number of people who die each year from malaria: 2,700,000
    Number of people who die each year from ebola: 3,000
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, 3,000 dead people is nothing to sneeze at, at means 3,000 families are broken, and tens of thousands of friends now have lost their companion, but there are much worse things than ebola. Don't let the media psyche you out. Yes, its spreading, and yes, it kills, but so does some of the stuff you spent your days doing. Just keep your eyes open for any symptoms of ebola, steer clear of other's body fluids, and most importantly: STAY CALM. You won't do yourself or anyone else any good by worrying your head of. Just stay cool, and stay healthy. ;)

P.S> I probably got some of the death tolls wrong, but please don't bite my head off over it. What's more important is the message at the bottom.
    boozle628 and just_five_fun like this.
  15. Actually, I think the total death toll of ebola since 1970 is still under 4000. Right now ebola is still 'a disease in Africa that kills poor people'. In the past it might have been easy for the world to ignore the death of 3000 poor Africans, but the world has actually gotten much smaller and Africa is not so far away. In civilized countries, there are more people than any time in history who feel compelled to do something when people are suffering, no matter where in the world they might be.

But, make no mistake, this outbreak of Ebola is by far the worst public health threat in decades and could have gotten out of control on a global scale if action was not being taken to support relief efforts in west Africa.

For most of us, it's totally out of our control if or when Ebola would spread our way, so there is little point in being worried about it. The best things to do, are to NOT spread crazy rumors about Ebola zombies:rolleyes: Perhaps make a donation to a charity organization of your liking. There is a danger that people in other places will suffer because there is no aid left after the cost of fighting this one big issue, so donating specifically for Ebola aid isn't necessary.
    BlackKnight1021 likes this.
  16. If they are fast zombies. Aim high.
    just_five_fun likes this.
  17. I might add that abcnews.go.com is not the same as abcnews. It is a mock-off domain naim with a similar website that was PROBABLY SPECIFICALLY BUILT for spreading this rumor.

go.com is the actual domain name.

Edit: Whoops did not notice that that was actually the real domain name... go.com is owned by disney! D:
  18. You're actually believing this? :confused: Is anyone else honestly believing this? Like, kiddings aside?
    highlancer54 and just_five_fun like this.
  19. I'm not. Like i said. There is some real bull going on here