Dutch People

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by nltimv, Jan 16, 2017.

?

Are you Dutch?

Ja! 8 vote(s) 28.6%
No 20 vote(s) 71.4%
  1. Bump :)

Breng mijn post omhoog
    ShelLuser, RaiinNL and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. I would love to visit the Netherland :)
    RaiinNL, TomvanWijnen and nltimv like this.
  3. I love Dutch Apple Pie.
  4. You are more then welcome! :)
    607, nltimv and TomvanWijnen like this.
  5. I've been in Apeldoorn, and I can say both of those places are very impressive! I've been to the Apenheul twice, I think I've got a picture of a monkey getting into my (back then) baby sister's pram. :D
    Found the thread!
    Edit: Please don't bump it, there's quite some cringe for me... :p
  6. Met hoeveel meter? ;) ("how high?") :D

Yes, you're excluding some very important information here, the other folks who don't know us Dutch might start to think that we're sloppy of some sort. Which we're not of course! Sometimes a bit weird, maybe arrogant, careless, impolite (basing myself on a lot of hear-say you pick up in other countries), loud when we're marching around on our clumps and plain out smelly after we ate our favorite stinkey cheese but sloppy? naaah :D

(welcome to "how much stereotypes can one cram into one post?").

Now, if you'll excuse me I got my thumb to stick in the local dyke. It's my turn for the night now :D
    Jelle68, 607, nltimv and 2 others like this.
  7. Bump :)

"We totally understand it's going to be 'America First', but can we just say, 'The Netherlands Second'?" ;)
    Jelle68, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  8. I was going to post this elsewhere but can't find the thread anymore (it also doesn't help that I always find myself distracted when going over my watched threads list). Then I found this one, and it's fitting because what I have to share is some Dutch pride!

So yeah, hello random reader, do you like some honest impressions about the Netherlands?

Watch & listen to this:

Sorry jongens maar ik vind dit een klassieker die echt aardig ons mooie landje weergeeft :)

Sorry guys but I think this is a classic which seriously pictures our nice little country :)
    607 and nltimv like this.
  9. I'm late with this, but I'm proud you guys never elected Geer Wilders. I don't know much about your politics, other than that you defied the way most other countries in the west are going. Happy England's fellow Umlaut-ignorer knows better than us :p
    nltimv and RaiinNL like this.
  10. Leuk!

I do wonder: what thread were you looking for?
    nltimv likes this.
  11. The thread about "music you think no one heard about" (or something like that) :)

Maar dit werkt ook prima en is meer op zijn plaats ;) / But this also works fine and is more fitting ;)
    nltimv and 607 like this.