Do you type the letter 'B' with your left or right hand?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, May 18, 2017.

?

Left or right handed 'B'?

Left handed. 14 vote(s) 40.0%
Right handed. 13 vote(s) 37.1%
Depending on instance 8 vote(s) 22.9%
  1. Well, caps lock is on the left side of my keyboard, where my left hand is.
    synth_apparition likes this.
  2. I can't say I expected this many replies! :p
    Thanks, though. :)
  3. Wow cool question! I checked it out, and I type "B" with my left pointer finger!
    607 likes this.
  4. both: Left hand
    banana: Right hand

kinda depends on the occasion but I think I use my right hand just a little bit more (now I am really paying attention to it it seems like I use my right hand for the b more than my left hand though, so those occasions for the left hand are a bit more rare :p)
    Patr1cV, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  5. Interesting, hadn't thought about it before.

For me it depends on what letter comes next. ex:
    "because" = right hand for b (so left is positioned for e)
    "building" = left hang for b (so right is positioned for u)

I also shift positions with other keys, such as 'U'. ex:
    When typing "up" I start with the right index finger.
    When typing "under" I start with the right middle finger (index finger goes to N)
    607 likes this.
  6. I have always used my left hand. I think I was taught that in some online keyboarding site when I was learning proper keyboarding :p Either that or because I'm left handed...? I don't really know.
    607 likes this.
  7. I'm typing blind (so without looking at the keyboard, I'm simply looking at the screen and ramming away) so I don't pay much attention to which hands are doing what :D (I'm not even joking).

But as it turns out it heavily depends. I usually hit it with my right hand but depending on the sentence I'm typing sometimes my left hand seems to be closest by. Funny thing too because I only noticed when I started paying attention to what I was doing but as a direct result of that this post has seen the most typing errors I've made in a long time already (nothing which my backspace couldn't fix).

You owe me a new backspace key 607! :p
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  8. I use my right hand mostly because I have this weird hybrid system most likely because we started learning how to type in school but stopped about half way through. I should consider forcing myself to learn the "proper" way since I am sure it will be helpful in the future.

There are quite a few uses if you want to mess around with things.
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  9. On the caps lock note: I use it all the time. I hardly ever touch my shift key. Mostly out of habit, and also because I feel like using the shift key makes it take longer to type a letter for me.
  10. But... then you have to press an extra key twice, as opposed to just once? :confused:
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  11. Yes, but it gives me an extra finger to type with since I don't have to hold the shift key down.
    607 likes this.