Do money on your own res - buy a SmoothGen (c) [EMC-wide]

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by MuugaMC, Jul 1, 2012.

1. I do now
  2. I agree with you on the Java Virtual Machine badness on running a video game but EMC should have 20 TPS and my latency shouldn't be bad as much as I know... I have seen multiple times on EMC server those huge and long 20 s lag spikes, I don't know what causes them, and I don't know what are EMC server specs are, but I'm running a 3 GHz and 10GB of RAM HP server for my 54-man server, and the TPS is always 20, no lag spikes at all. We also use the normal version of bukkit.

Neither I blame the Mojang nor Craftbukkit team, but I think EMC should worry about their TPS, performance, quality and therefore players. I'd suggest them to use normal Bukkit and create a PVP server. As in pvp.empire.us . This way the player loss they are experiencing right now would be partially defeated.

My original message - CB++ converts the game quality(read: feeling) into the servers performance and should not be used. Otherwise, the game feeling gets lost.

And of course, compared to Java, C++ and DirectX are perfect for games, and so should do Minecraft. But when the game would be on C++, we wouldn't have that little applet on minecraft.net for browser-playing..
  3. The item group plugin was implemented to stop lag due to too many blocks being dropped. The reason people are leaving is NOT because of any of the code, it is due to there not being any updates in a while because Justin has a life outside of EMC. He has a job, a baby, he just moved across country from one state to another. He hasn't had time to do any contests or anything plus he's going to be busy having to code new code when 1.3 comes out.

IcC said that they are thinking of a sort of PVP thing.
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/uh-oh-another-pvp-thread.11056/
  4. I think you should leave the code and Java stuff out. The item bunching up is not done by a plugin it is done by CraftBukkit++. Justin didn't code everything (e.g. Multiverse). Plugins do not spam chat with "DONATE PLZ DONATE PLZ!". As for your last statement, yes ICC and Justin is working out a PvP server.
  5. Better? :3
  6. Yes, talking about plugins, Justin and Aikar developed all the plugins but multiverse and dynamic map one. Developing your own essential plugins is a good idea. In the beginning, I just wanted to say thad I don't like bad lightning checks, merging blocks and XP. There might be another way but may be not.
  7. What lag and bugs? My stone generator and my cobblestone mass generator seems to work fine :p
  8. Is it possible for me to get a 4core?
  9. I will take a 4 core on smp3 res 7033
  10. 7033 quad core jeanzl2000 order. Done in 15 minute.
  11. yes its done but it doesnt work lol
  12. Lol it works, only someone stole your lava and water and then another lava, and keep in mind you always need to mine it from west to east or vice versa, otherwise it crashes because the machine doesn't know that he's full. So. keep the stone straight and replace those lavas and water, and then tip me a thousand rupees as you said for covering it. If you can't replace the lavas and water yourself, call me!
  13. sorry i didnt see your reply, please PM me to make it easier :)
  14. This is an amazing idea! too bad I don't have the space on my res... No seriously I don't!
  15. No lol At first i none of them worked so i hired 1 after another people to try to fix it.
    So could you come to 7033 to replace them and show me how to use it?
  16. Go to 1728 and look, There's a free and public stone generator! No need to buy one, when you can use one for free!
  17. Why to use public transport if you have a car?
  18. Because it's more environmentally friendly to use a public transport.
  19. hippies...