Discussion Thread: Flying

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hasorko, Jan 17, 2013.

?

Does a flying perk fit in EMC?

Yes 27 vote(s) 30.0%
No 39 vote(s) 43.3%
Undecided 6 vote(s) 6.7%
My opinion about that is more complex than Yes / No 18 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. With an infinite supply of rupees that I don't even have to do anything for I can buy items anywhere in town, even if the items were not gotten from the wild. Therefore it may as well be creative if I can fly and get items wherever in town.
    PandasEatRamen and HylianNinja like this.
  2. I love the idea that diamond supporters can now fly around, Its starting to affect people! They are miles happier than before and also its gonna start raising money for the server! I've only heared 1 or 2 boos (lol)

Oh and icecream cow like my skin...LOL
  3. Do you get rupees everyday? Yes you do. Therefore everyone has unlimited rupees.
    SoulPunisher and Kman122000 like this.
  4. IRL, I get money every month. Does that mean I have unlimited money?
    SoulPunisher and IcecreamCow like this.
  5. Yes, as long as you keep getting money every month. You can't use the whole all at once but, you do get it.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  6. You just defined limited money.
    jkjkjk182 and RainbowChin like this.
  7. I think he means that if you get money every month, it's pretty much infinite.
    Terminator908 likes this.
  8. Infinite means endless. It does not mean consistent.
    jkjkjk182 and Terminator908 like this.
  9. I know that's what he was going for, but that is a very incorrect statement.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  10. Wat happens if jack quits his job? And anyway u wont get unlimited money everymonth Soo there ur wronngg
  11. Lets put it this way: I work on a contracted salary based pay. This is consistently paid bi-monthly. This makes it consistent, not infinite.

If it were infinite, I would not live separate from my family in a single-wide 2 bedroom trailer in a poor neighborhood. I wouldn't have to barter for food and gas for my truck to survive when the government steals my money.

If my pay were infinite, I would be living high on the hog with no cares in the world. This would mean top of the line medical treatment, advanced education for myself and my family, and so much more. The possibilities are endless. :)

Infinite is endless; without end. Consistent is regularly performed; paid daily here on EMC.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  12. Interesting how this thread has led into a discussion of semantics. I'll take a shot at it.

From a programmatical viewpoint, there is a limit to the number of Rupees we can have. They are stored in a database field somewhere that has a finite limit. MS SQL Server has an integer limit of 9,223,372,036,854,775,807. Certainly a finite amount although I think it would seem infiinite if you were trying to spend it.

From a purely mathematical viewpoint, the number of Rupees I have can be infinite if I live an inifinite number of years, EMC and Mojang continue hosting Minecraft forever, I keep my account and continue to log in.

If you are familiar with Limits, as your time playing here approaches inifinity, so will your Rupee count.

Once you mix in a bit of Real Life: spending as you go, quitting the game, the realities that eventually EMC, Mojang, and we will not exist, we all know that there is a finite amount we will eventually have. We're possibly also confusing earnings/spending/balances with limits.

Terminator originally made a comparison between Creative and the ability to obtain items easilt given a large amount of Rupees easily earned over time. I don't have a problem with that comparison.

There are a lot of players here with such large balances that you very nearly could consider them infinite. They will probably never spend all of their Rupees unless they buy something big like a bunch of Dragon Eggs. Add to that the ability to buy items from /Shop and I think that we do have a valid comparison to Creative once you add the ability to fly.

The point some have made here that the ability to fly casts doubt on the legitimacy of our builds is a good one. There are other things that have gone on like this. Why should some people have a bunch of Dragon Eggs, and inevitably become the first Wild landowners just because they were playing here first?

But really, what does it matter in the end? I've been thinking of special plans for my residence if we ever get to fly in Town for a week. I personally don't think it matters as long as we've had fun.
  13. Exactly.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  14. Flying in Utopia town makes all the sense in the world. Big space, big builds, so yes, fly.
    Twitch1 likes this.