[denied] Remove the free permament res protection

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Sgt_Pepper4, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ah, that's too bad :( It always pains me when someone logs back on after going derelict and come back to a wiped res.
  2. I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but if you think a residence is derelict, just hit it with a piece of string. This will bring up the residence information for you to see if it's derelict. If it is, you can do /res forceclaim [res number].
    Pab10S, 607, JesusPower2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Oh wow. There are some of these nifty things even I don't know of :p
    It seems familiar, though, but as it isn't really mentioned anywhere as far as I know I probably forgot about it, you quickly forget about such things if you don't need them at the moment of first hearing about them.
  4. The reason there are res's at 70+ days derelict is because the system has been able to burn through enough new players res to reclaim to make up the need.

There is a priority list based on account age, and the older you are, the farther down the list you are.

So old res's only get reclaimed when growth paces too fast to NEED to unclaim every derelict.

Now, It should be restated that forceclaims are only intended for people who have an express interest in a very specific res.

We will not be making force claims easier 'just to get rid of derelict ress'

There are enough resources at players disposal to find out a res information, and the likelihood that a specific res is derelict that you want just happens to have -move is minimal.

There's absolutely no reason to change anything about the current system.

Use live map to find the address, or string, and then do /res info ### as said.
    This is not free protection. You will likely eventually lose the res either to system or a player on force claim.
  5. I'm not sure if anyone has said this but I'm just going to put it out there that you can punch a block on the residence and it gives you /res info for that residence.

Edit: yep solar said it =P
  6. You don't know until you ask. And thanks Aikar for commenting! I was going to suggest something, but you got it covered already lol.

We were just wondering one night in town chat why things the way they are with this, so nice to see staff comments on how things are setup to be fair. :) You can't really tell on somethings like this, from a players prospective, why aspects are empire the way they are. Or maybe this dumb player's prospective (me). It's good we have the suggestion box to get new ideas to make EMC better, and remind us all how good a system we have. This is one of the reminder threads.
    607 likes this.
  7. if you hold a piece of string and hit the res with it you will be able to see all the details of the res. Sometimes people leave for a while but still vote or keep membership so as not to lose their residence or buy permanent res voucher so the res will never be removed, the string thing will tell you.
  8. There is a workaround. Use the livemap to find the res number and forceclaim it.
  9. Aikar has already said his piece and denied this suggestion.

Locking thread.
    fBuilderS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.