Contribution from the Drama Team (closed)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by M4ster_M1ner, Mar 29, 2015.

?

What do you say?

Believable 3 vote(s) 23.1%
Maybe 2 vote(s) 15.4%
Unbelievable 2 vote(s) 15.4%
No way 3 vote(s) 23.1%
Hillarious 3 vote(s) 23.1%
Good 3 vote(s) 23.1%
Not good 6 vote(s) 46.2%
Awkward 6 vote(s) 46.2%
Worse 2 vote(s) 15.4%
They've crossed a line here 6 vote(s) 46.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You remind me of me.
    "It's not perfect unless it's my way."
    Kephras likes this.
  2. I see what you did with the title... very clever.

The fact that it was Contributors made it more believable, because they could get demoted. However, Shel, next time ask Krysyy to ban you for 2 days for creating drama/spreading rumors. :p
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  3. EffinBatman: Also I think attacking Russia in the middle of winter was the best idea any general had.

Best line ever
  4. It doesn't matter if this is serious or not. If it's not serious everyone will keep on living like usual, if it is serious 20% people will quit empire and Aikar will completely stop the tax and probably attempt to get everybody back on and likely refund people. Guys, Aikar is smarter than this this won't happen.
  5. I kinda doubt that many people would leave. If all you go on a server is for a few digits... why not just add numbers on a calculator? I agree that yes, this is an economy server, but rupees aren't just what it is about. Take the community for example, they are a huge part of EMC and staff work hard to satisfy them and make it the best place possible.

Exactly.

Oh and it has already been revealead to be a joke ( quite cleverly carried out :p ) so to be honest, why does any of this matter? It was just a bit of 'banter', [most] people have had a good laugh about it. So, let's just leave it behind us and wait for the real April Fool's ;)
    Kephras likes this.
  6. It was just a joke people, the topic is the prank here, not taxes etc.
    ... I'll add a note at the top
  7. As I said in the first page, this thread only serves to continue the drama. I actually reported it and requested it closed, but it seems Moderators currently feel otherwise (for now). That being said, continuing the discussion was as much bad taste and poor judgement as the joke itself.
    georgeashington likes this.
  8. Ok, first of all I'd like to thank M4nic for this poll. Its obvious that next time we need something less dramatic. Point taken and agreed on. In the end things did spiral out of control, and yes; maybe we did take things a little too far.

Lots of people still ask about this thing so I'd like to take the opportunity to explain what & how happened. About time you guys got the whole truth.

But first and foremost I'd like to say that most of the things I said in all of my comments were genuine. Obviously the rumor as well as my hostility towards the staff was staged, but everything else was not. Especially not my more personal comments and those where I mentioned that the last thing we wanted was to cause a major riot.

So... Last week I recalled that next week April 1st is upon us and wondered if we could pull off a scheme. I started talking about an alleged rumor about tax on SMP2 to see how people reacted and then I figured that it could be a nice scheme. However, I also realized that it could be a "heavy" topic so I asked 607, Kephras, Cadenman, Elfin, FDNY, Hashhog, Kevmeup and SkyDragon about it. And when we came up with a more believable idea we also included Kryssy and Matheus into the discussion so that they knew what we were up to.

We discussed some more and eventually realized on Friday that we were running out of time. So we started posting messages on profile pages and I started "that thread". Things quickly turned into a major discussion and Kryssy also responded on the thread saying that she would also be closely monitoring things.

Things went on and then Kryssy had the idea to spice things up a little with 3 fake team demotions; Kephras, FDNY and me. All voluntarily and all in good harmony. Which basically let to our "hostility" towards staff.

At one thing we had a little bit of a problem when BlackKnight basically denied the whole thing on smp2, during which I tried to "attack" him and discredit his words a little. It was a bit of a problem, Caden tried to save a little bit by making me "rage quit" the discussion later (no harsh words obviously, just me saying that I had enough talk).

That got picked up by Matheus who, during the last mob arena, staged that "wrong channel quote" which I obviously picked up on. However, as also said in my comments in "that thread" I did make sure not to overdo things because we obviously couldn't risk this turning a negative side to the arena activities. I then tried to push the 'incident' a little forward and I guess that looking back I should have done that differently or less aggressive. Or simply not at all.

Still, looking back, I obviously do agree that some posts probably went a bit too far. I can really see that in some cases instead of trying to control or ease the drama a bit the opposite might have happened.

For example; one thing I never had thought of was the effect our demotions left on my fellow contribution team members. Obviously some of them also got worried about 3 members who "just" got demoted without any word from staff.

So yah... I think some things were funny but others obviously not so.

And there you have it.
  9. I'm quite certain that its not.
    SkyDragonv8 and Pab10S like this.
  10. I don't know whether I should believe you or not...
    Luckypat and ShelLuser like this.
  11. Count how many people called fake and Aprils Fools until #83 / #87
    (#83 - #86 were written at the same time)

I'm surprised how many did not fall for it.

I can understand if you don't like to talk about it,
    but for me, and I think not only for me, it is quite interesting how this all happened.

Now, when we know that it was a joke, reading the summary above again is quite fun :D
  12. Of course I believe you. (Wink emote)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. Where's the "Didn't care in the first place" poll option?
    ScarTheNinja likes this.
  14. You can only have so many :)

But one of my favorite is:

607: Honestly, I'd not mind it. I mean, I often have a lot of rupees, and I'm not always sure what to do with them.

and then

607: Couldn't you cheat a bit with this?

:D
  15. Remember the very first episode of The Office where Michael fake fires Pam? Yeah, it wasn't funny then either. Just a super awkward situation for everyone. Maybe put a little more thought into next year's April Fool's prank instead of making everyone feel uncomfortable.
    DubChef and M4nic_M1ner like this.
  16. It was hearsay because you had no idea the reason behind their demotions. It could have been due to the 'starting drama' with the thread in the first place. Let me repeat, it was a JOKE that i participated in.

As for the creating drama bit, I helped some players play an (early) April Fool's joke. Yes, we do discuss a lot of things with the community, unlike some of things in the past. However, this will not entail full disclosure of every single detail of every idea we have. Please take a step back and realize that you are kicking up dirt over a JOKE that wasn't even my plan in the first place. Raising your pitchfork and spamming the forums with attacks on our way of running things has gotten way out of hand and I have been asked to step in show you where the tolerance line is.

This thread is being closed. If you want to discuss why, PM me.

Edit: Original post edited per request.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.