[CONTEST] Pumpkin Carving 2017

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Sep 19, 2017.

1. I've got an idea alright! It'll be an eyeful!
  2. They did say they're only giving Destruction perms. I think the admins are supposed to give you flying for the res. Not sure though, this is my first time!
  3. well, I flew alright : vertically in a downward fashion.Then I remembered I couldn't die in town and i softly hit the ground...:)
    That is a LOT of dirt, my oh my! I'm running through shovels like a hot knife through butter.
  4. We didn't have flying for the last chisel competition so I don't think we will for this one
  5. Is it possible to switch SMP to carve pumpkin? I am at a very far Outpost for EMC 6-6 Residence on Smp6, I could come back but would be very inconvenient to die or get lost on the way back to my Outpost. I can Be in town for any of the remainder SMPs (7,8,9 or Utopia if thats being used).
  6. I've got one on SMP1. I'd be willing to swap if Krysyy allows it
  7. This is going to fun, but a little tuff carving from the inside-out and clearing the layers of dirt 1 x 1. :rolleyes:
  8. Good luck everyone! :D
  9. Yay! I'm done with the grinding part, now for the creative one!
  10. Just my luck lol I get the res on the smp that I am out in the frontier :'D
    Guess I'll be running back to town :p
  11. Huh. So the list claims my pumpkin res is on smp3...but when I put in the warp, it tells me the res is on smp2. And then on smp2 it tells me that res doesn't exist.

...am I missing something here? :confused:

EDIT: Right, found it, never mind~
  12. Question will all dirt that is left be turned into Pumkin block? Want to give a 3d effect. :rolleyes:
  13. The Dirt will be turned into pumpkin blocks. The Stone will be turned into Green Terracotta.
  14. Okay..I have a question about how these will be judged.
    From what angle will they be judged,
    In the air or on the ground,
    Or whatever angle best reflects the Jack?
  15. Overall they will be judged in person at all angles because I have fly ability, then the finalists if there is a close contest will have special photo shots taken and shown to a panel of individuals. These will be at whatever angle deemed to showcase the build the best, both day and night.

A glowstone ball will be added to the center as light for the nighttime shot.
    Tah2 likes this.
  16. Diameter of the ball?
    Sphere or pumpkin shaped?
    Position of ball?
    Specifics please.
    FadedMartian, Floorfne and CDJS like this.
  17. Updated pumpkin list with new registered participants.
    ShelLuser, Rundercaster and Eviltoade like this.
  18. That moment when...
    (yes, I know it's the wrong thread, bear with me....)

Code:
    [16:35:56] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ? Krysyy: btw, I got your pumpkin set up on 7 for ya to start whenever
    [16:36:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ? Krysyy: (to shell)
    [16:36:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: huh?
    [16:36:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: don't think I applied :P
    [16:36:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ? Krysyy: someone did for you then....
    [16:36:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ? Krysyy: ugh, people
    [16:36:41] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: oh dear... ok, no worries
    [16:36:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: I'll take on the challenge then
    [16:36:56] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: lol, this is going to be a disaster :)
    [16:37:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: thanks Krysyy!
    [16:37:07] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ? Krysyy: i look forward to seeing the results
    [16:37:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ? Krysyy: It's a challenge for everyone
    [16:37:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: I don't :P

:D

SO someone set me up :) And at this point no-one is above suspicion on my list, not even Krysyy herself ;)

I asked around and so far everyone denies (I'm also suspecting Aya for example ;) ) but yeah... As mentioned above this is going to be a disaster, because at this time I don't even know for sure what I should do (other than destroying the blocks in a certain way) and I'm already not superb at building.

But I'm definitely going to give this a fair shot! Someone wanted me involved, well, here I am :)

Watch this space for more reviews and stuff (because that's also what I do ;) )

Best. Community. Ever. :)

(edit)

In case you're wondering what this challenge is all about:

Harp4Christ likes this.
  19. hahaaa! that it is!
    You're welcome to check on mine if you want to get a good idea of the interior space without going through the hassle of counting every dirt block yourself. it's C6-5, on smp 6.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  20. I started on mine...and immediately punched a hole where I didn't want it. *le sigh* I swear I'm not this bad with IRL pumpkins, honest. :(