[Contest] Cube Christmas 2021

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by SteamingFire, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Results are out! See post #24!
    Merry Christmas!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, EMC!
    Join us for a Christmas-themed build contest!
    Build the most Christmas-y thing that you can think of within 20x20x20 provided plots, and strive for the top rupee prize and promos!
    Everyone is encouraged to participate! Everyone is encouraged to vote once it's time! All voters and participants will receive a gift box of goodies!

Entry fee: 10k
    This actually means that all participants get a Cube Pavilion room at half price.
    To enter, please type "/pay SteamingFire 10000 Cube Christmas 2021" in-game. If you mistype the amount or note, I may not know that it's for this contest.
    Winner takes double the pot. Whatever the sum of the entry fees, I will double for the winner. This may increase due to donations. They will also receive a handful of promos and a celebratory signed book.

We will be using the Cave rooms. Since we will be using Cube Pavilion rooms, all participants must adhere to the Cube Pavilion rules here: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/service-cube-pavilion.84505/
    Contest rooms do not count towards the maximum room limit (rule 9).
    Participants will keep their rooms after the contest is over and will act as regular Cube Pavilion residents.

Please only use one account for the contest. Please only vote with one account.
    I provide the rooms, and you must provide your own building materials.
    If anyone thinks that a room should be disqualified for any reason, please voice your concerns in this thread or via a forum private message. I will review it and decide if it should be disqualified. Disqualification cannot begin until the voting period starts.
    You may have partners, as in a co-builder within the same cube. You will share the entry fee and the reward as well as +admin perms in your cube subzone, so choose your partners wisely. I take no responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
    Make sure to click the button to watch this thread to stay updated!

Deadlines:
    No deadline to enter. Building starts immediately.
    Building stops December 10th. Voting starts December 10th.
    Voting stops December 24th.
    Winners of contest and raffle will be announced December 25th.
    Prizes will be given to all participants and voters shortly after.

Voting link:
    Voting has ended!
    Please vote with only one account.
    Please judge based on Christmas-y-ness, originality, creativity, attention to detail, comfort, and overall awesomeness.
    All voters will receive a gift box as well as a chance to win an Iron Supporter Voucher. Builders also must vote to be entered into the raffle. The contest winner will not be entered into the raffle because their prizes include a Diamond Supporter Voucher.

This contest is unnecessarily, officially approved by jaqque, the Super Judge who takes bribes.*
    *jaqque's title does not do anything special, and all bribes are paid to me so that they can be given to the winner
  2. Rooms and participants:
    There are 20 underground 20x20x20 rooms for use. First-come, first-served. You may include which room you want in your entry fee note, or tell me after.
    Cobble 1: adroiri
    Cobble 3: DrasLeona247
    Cobble 4: CardInAction
    Cobble 5:
    Cobble 6:
    Cobble 7: AncientTower
    Cobble 8:
    Cobble 10:
    Cobble 11: tamraaa & Obwangottemm
    Cobble 12:
    Cobble 13:
    Cobble 14:
    Stone 2: Tanks_are_cool
    Stone 3:
    Stone 5:
    Stone 6:
    Stone 8:
    Stone 9:
    Stone 11:
    Stone 12:
  3. There's 5 rooms competing currently, so the rupee pot is now 100k. All claimed rooms have been prepared for the contestants.
  4. It's official. There have been no objections, so this contest is fully on! Everyone sign up now! Everyone follow this thread so you can vote later and get a goodie bag just for judging rooms!
  5. My smooth stone-only builds never seem to win competitions, but I won't mind voting for the winner!
    SteamingFire likes this.
  6. I approve this contest.

Now I am Super Judge.*

* Super Judge means my vote counts as one.

Remember to mark all bribes specifically for this event.
  7. Still looking for more participants! Join now to get the most building time possible!
  8. Christmas time~ Christmas time~ who needs Halloween when we've got Christmas time?

Edit: I'm thinking that all builders should also get something extra just for building... hmm, but what?
    Edit 2: I have an idea :D
  9. You guys have a little more than a month to finish your builds.
    Does anyone else want to join?
  10. Put me in the game coach. Cobble, lucky number 7. Payment will be sent next time I’m on.
  11. The room is reserved for you. I will give you perms after confirming payment.
    AncientTower likes this.
  12. Payment confirmed. Will give perms when I return home.
  13. Permissions granted. Proceed to win contest :3
    AncientTower likes this.
  14. Anyone else wanna enter?
    UltiPig likes this.
  15. 10 more days...
  16. Last day to tidy up your builds!
    I haven't looked at any of them yet. I will see tomorrow, with you all, how they turned out...
    Voting starts tomorrow! I'll post the link after work.
  17. The voting link is up! See the OP or click here: https://forms.gle/yCHFUiw94F7o2quVA

Sadly, 4 of 6 registered contestants did not actually build anything, so they have to be disqualified. Refunds will be dealt with individually. If your room is completely empty, you will receive a refund and lose access to the room. If you placed down at least 1 block, I will start a private forum message with you to discuss how to proceed. (edit: all refunds have been completed)

Despite how many contestants are disqualified, the winning pot is still 120k, a handful of promos, and a super secret celebratory signed book.
    All contestant rooms are currently set to -admin for the owners to prevent editing during the contest. Contestants will be granted +admin again after the contest is over, and they will continue to keep their rooms as regular Cube Pavilion residents.

All voters will receive a gift box and a chance to win an Iron Supporter Voucher, so please consider voting! Contestants must also vote in order to receive these goodies.
  18. A reminder that voting is on! Everyone who votes will get a gift box! See the OP for details!
  19. Last week to vote! Voting ends on the 24th.