[CONTEST] 2015 EMC Wallpaper Contest (locked)

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have no idea how to make any of these things, but I will try! :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. :eek: NO! Say it isn't so. :eek: The horror of it all. I can't watch. :eek:
    ShelLuser and hashhog3000 like this.
  3. I'm terrible at designing stuff, let alone art. I am pretty good at audible art though, not so much music mind you but the stuff which makes music. That weird specific sound? That odd sound effect? That kind of stuff... I love it 8) And if you think that's all too easy: get a sound design program, and re-create the sound of the Tardis. After that we'll talk easy :)

Errr, how did I manage to get so offtopic?

So this competition is so much not for me. But then again, I usually don't attend (MC) competitions anyway. But the first thing I noticed was "so what can people win?" and then I thought (as cynical as it might sound): "That's not much of a price pot". I know, I know... That is a little cynical.

Then I realized how much of a staff/community effort this actually is. And I think that only adds up to the event.

Think about it: we (the community) get the "power" (meh, I don't really like that word in this context) to make this event as awesome as we'd like to. I love it tbh.

Gonna scrape up some bits & pieces and hopefully I'll be able to help out that way.
    Palmsugar and 607 like this.
  4. *Stares at one of a kind EMC item in the prize pot* Okay, so if you win, Shel, how's about you just hand that over to me, since you don't really care, eh? :p
    Also, I gave up on that. XD I forgot how bad I am at installing mods... no matter how much I stick to the instructions, it never works. :rolleyes:

5. I have to admit: I overlooked that. Saturday evening, etc, etc.

Told ya' I was cynical. But in all honestly, thats the nature of the beast I guess. Even more serious: I'd probably have no trouble giving that away in a price content were I to win. Which I won't because I'm not participating and there is also something such as appreciating that which you got and won. I'm not the kind of person / player who gets something and then, the next day, actively looks around how to sell it (like so many people in real life after the Holiday season :confused:).

For me the value lies in the gifting, not the item.

And (and I know this is a personal opinion) the value of an item doesn't lie in rupees for me. But in usefulness / emotional value. I have a renamed diamond in my possession which basically is just that: a renamed diamond. Not even renamed by staff. But it holds so much good memories for me that its priceless to me. Honest; you can try and offer me 500k and more, I won't sell it. Knowing very well that all it takes is 1 diamond, an anvil and some XP. But that's so not the point of all this.

To me the same applies here ;)

Don't you love the diversity in players? OMW, you changed your avatar. Awww, I really liked your previous one :)

Guess I have to get used to that 8)

Alas; time for me to make a donation.
    607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  6. *frowns at Caden* This is gonna be a loooooong seven days. :p I'll be reverting back to my old, much preferred one after a week.
    607, cadenman2002 and ShelLuser like this.
  7. OOoh, we got something to tease you with, GO Caden!
    607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  8. Fixed that for you. You know what I'm talkin' about. ;)
  9. Uhm, now that you mention it, there was something I had to tell you.. :p
    607 likes this.
  10. Is there a size requirement?
  11. probably at least 1280x720 (but make it 1920x1080 or 3840x2160)
  12. You are very welcome! =P
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. Uh, I'll do 1024 * 768, so I can actually use it :p
  14. MWAHAHA photoshop here I come!

No jk I'm gunna fail so hard xD
    Chewsy4 likes this.
  15. This seems interesting and fun, And will get me motivated on stuff I wanted to finish anyways.
  16. This sounds awesome! I already know exactly what to do =)
  17. Here's mine. Beat dis bruh! (P.S I watermarked so no stealers come rob or whatever, the real one isn't watermarked xD also please don't steal my idea k? be freaking nice thanks)
    Empire Minecraft Wallpaper Entry WATERMARKED.png

18. Wow, cool!
    To anyone not getting this: turn up your brightness to get the best feel, and see everything.
    Chewsy4 likes this.
  19. ;-; Unfortunately my background follows a similar theme. XD However, as Fendy can confirm, I had already planned and mostly finished it before seeing this post. :p
    607, FDNY21 and Chewsy4 like this.
  20. Lol, let's just see who's better then XD
    607 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.