Confused question.

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by NickkG, Sep 16, 2014.

1. It might seem simple, but all the staff members that I asked this questions either did not understand me, or did not know the answer. So now I am turning to the forums to see if a higher-up staff member can answer this question.

A while back I was a diamond supporter for over a year+, which means I had 4 res's all on smp1.

I took off supporter before I had taken a break ( off topic ). Anyway's I no longer am a supporter, but I unclaimed my 2nd and 3rd res, leaving me with only my First and Last (4th) res.

Now my question is, is there a way to be able to change my 4th home into my 2nd home, so I may have res's 1 and 2 - instead of having as it is right now reses 1 and 4?
    ObscureGolem likes this.
  2. I know what you are talking about, and that is sadly not the case. There is no way to change that around at this moment in time :(.
    607 likes this.
  3. Currently this is not an option. Although it is planned to make this fixed in the future
    607, hashhog3000 and Parkerjv9 like this.
  4. I think Aikar can actually do this for you.. it's possible, but the question is will he do it? lol
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  5. Technically he could, a proper fix for it needs done though. ;)
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  6. Databases will flip out which is why the fix has to be implemented. I think it may be possible soon though =)
    SoulPunisher and hashhog3000 like this.
  7. Lol I remember when he did this the first time, there was quite the madness. :p
    607, SoulPunisher and hashhog3000 like this.
  8. the real question is why did you unclaim your second and third residences?
    Sunny_Chicken likes this.
  9. yes but its expensive and difficult. seniorstaff has to move both your reses to somewhere then unclaim all of them then you reclaim and reorder them, anything in chests or teleports or things on itemframes will need to be moved by you
  10. Thank you everyone for your responses! I guess I must wait then. :)
    ObscureGolem, 607 and Hashhog like this.
  11. Every time I see the title of this thread, I think the question itself is confused.
    607 likes this.
  12. Regarding your title, it is common for a question to be confused. It usually ends as it is a phase. If your question is confused for too long, then we will talk business.

Regarding your post, it looks answered to me.
    607 likes this.
  13. What you could do is a res move, but with the new res being your old res.
    res4 gets copied to clipboard, res4 gets unclaimed, res is reclaimed and will be res2, clipboard is copied to res2. Unfortunately this will cost 100,000r (200,000r if utopian res).
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  14. 100k, is quite a bit for myself being no longer a supporter, or a mall owner.. lol

Thank you though
    ObscureGolem and 607 like this.
  15. The only problem I could see with res auto re-assignment would be what if a person had say 2 reses... they unclaimed the first one, was about to go claim another res... the 2nd one would automatically become their home res... even if he/she didn't want it to...

So* what could be a solution would be anyone that has ever been or currently is a 'veteran supporter' ... meaning they have more than one res... he/she could have the /res reassign command

what this would do is first check to see how many reses he/she has ....

Then it would do an if statement to basically say:

if the resident count of player is 1 ... if the player's first residence's name is not equal to the owner, change the residence name to the owner.

if the resident count is more than 1, it would set the owner to a variable (example %owner%) ... then would change the entire name of the residence to %owner%, %owner%-2 etc... if they are in the correct order... maybe there could be an option to change the order (if you wanted).

-----------
    I know the old command for this was
    /res rename (Old name) (New name)
    When you type /v (name)-2 .... that's a res name itself

- what happened to that command?
    607 likes this.
  16. like i said
    nobody listens to old bite :(
    eklektoi and jkjkjk182 like this.
  17. Why did I get a notice that someone replied to this thread?
    *scratches head in confusion*
    bite, your response mentioned moving the res somewhere then moving back mine was less complex.
    nick_godoy, 607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  18. Items in chests are moved along with the chest, although some player like to put sentimental items in their vault first so they retain the original and not a copy of it (I know the 1s & 0s that make up the item is copied every time you move the item but whats the harm).
    jkjkjk182 and cadgamer101 like this.