Compass & Misc Updates - 12/31/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ok looks like compass does work, just if you don't have a bed and you use /compass bed, it throws error instead of telling you you don't have a bed.

will be fixed either tonight or tomorrow night.
    Gawadrolt, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Someone must have been partying pretty hard to manage that...
    607, ShelLuser and Tahitan like this.
  3. forgot to list chickens big bug fix:
    • Fixed bugs with Beds. If your bed was on a chunk line, it would likely fail if the only spawnable blocks were in a different, unloaded chunk. Now it should always work.
    This was a bug caused by a CraftBukkit change, been like this for years likely...

And about to send up more fixes.
    607, ShelLuser and cadgamer101 like this.
  4. I am so glad to hear about the bed fixes!! Great work on everything, glad to see more improvements!
    607 and cadgamer101 like this.
  5. These are Great Updates, Wow, Thank You!
  6. We squashed the bedbug problem ;)
  7. -face palm-
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  8. Wasn't this fixed before, twice? :p
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  9. Awesome update, I am especially excited about the compass features because the compass is one of the most underused features of the entire game in my opinion. It's practically worthless in vanilla, but now no longer on EMC. Can't wait to test it out!

Well, the good news is that the bug is gone, but I can also picture some bed news ( :D ). I mean; now you lost the option for an awesome excuse: "No Aikar, I'm not sleeping on the job. I'm testing my new bedbug routines!" ;)
    607, Kytula, MrsWishes and 1 other person like this.
  10. Thanks! Thought of the could idea a couple months back. Plan to add it to the empire assistant and a nearest outpost option.
    Perhaps my favorite part is the "/compass distance" command.
    607, Kytula and ShelLuser like this.
  11. Game Change! O - O <3
  12. Could this be somewhat mixed combined with the /dlog command?

Would it be possible to use "/compass death 1-5", and pull that number death from /dlog?

It may not be very useful, but I just had the idea.
  13. Probably some room for improvement there
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. Compass set x z? That is fantastic!
  15. And then die intentionally at those places, to get 5 locations stored? :rolleyes:

Anyway: I love the new compass implementations! Great!
    Gawadrolt, UltiPig and ShelLuser like this.
  16. omg compass showing death point is the best mod i have ever seeeeeeeeeeeen! brilliant! thank you!