[COMMUNITY] Mumble With Us!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, May 19, 2014.

1. Well thank you for the reply! I understand a lot better now :)
  2. One thing that gets people about TS is the license - It's only free to very small scale communities. I'm sure tons of people are illegally using TS w/o paying for it :p
    sambish20 likes this.
  3. lol, so I guess that means that I won't be able to progress in FFXIV until I am able to process sounds better to not get distracted by extra white noise sounds present in voice recordings.. Curse you audio-sensitivity, Curse you.. :oops:
  4. Yeah probably.
  5. Awww yeaah...I have to get it! :D
  6. I have thought about a mumble event.
    As mumble is a voice chat, something where you have to talk :p
    So maybe a quiz?
    My firth thought was, that I say a German word and the first one who guesses the right English translation wins some rupees or in-game items :)
    Going to create a thread later, but you can give me here also some feedback :)
  7. I have a feeling German people would have a little bit of an advantage here :rolleyes:
    Lukas3226 likes this.
  8. I didn't know the empire use mumble!
  9. wow!! i was so excited to use mumble and now i get on and no one is using it :(
  10. there should be separate channels for each server such as a channel for smp1 and a channel for smp2 and so on
  11. We used to have this; It became unnecessary as there was too many unused channels so they changed it to less channels and more players could interact with each other that way. There are still some empty channels that players can use for smaller parties/groups. c:
    Kyzoy and Lachlan61 like this.
  12. If you were on at 3am my time on a school/work night not many will be on :p (maybe Simon, he never sleeps..) Primetime is around 6pm Est or when everyone gets home from work and school.
    Lachlan61 likes this.
  13. Weekends and during events can be really fun with mumble. We all joined mumble during the death event last weekend and it was a BLAST! Everyone working together and fighting marlix in the wastelands. Even if you arn't talking, you can learn a lot about other players and find out about lots of places and features around EMC.

I log in to whatever EMC mumble channel has the most people talking. I have made some good friends and had lots of fun that way. You never know who will be on, so don't be afraid to log in and hang out quietly while playing minecraft until other players log in. It also never hurts to let other players on your server know that you are logged into mumble if they want to join in.
    mba2012 and Brennian like this.
  14. Do you need skype?
  15. What would mac users use?
  16. You don't need Skype to use Mumble.
    You would just regularly download mumble from the Sourceforge link in the EMC Mumble Page thats linked in the OP
  17. Mumble iPhone Guide:

Step 1:
    Open the App Store

Step 2:
    Search "Mumble" on the App Store

Step 3:
    Click on the first result

Step 4:
    After it downloaded, open Mumble

Step 5:
    Click on "Preferences"

Step 6:
    Click on "Transmission"

Step 7:
    Click on "Push-to-talk"

Step 8:
    Go back by clicking on "< Preferences" in the top-left corner

Step 9:
    Go back again by clicking on "< Mumble" in the top-left corner
    Step 10:
    Click on "Favorite Servers"

Step 11:
    Press the "+" button in the top-right corner

Step 12:
    Look at this majestic page :)

Step 13:
    Fill out the info and DO NOT PUT "kyle" AS THE NAME

Step 14:
    Click on the First server that shows up

Step 15:
    Connect

Step 16:

Click "Trust Certificate"

Step 17:
    Talk to Broccols, Limes and Purple People Things!!!!

607, southpark347 and Luckygreenbird like this.
  18. Wow, I think this is way too scary for me at the moment...
  19. This info can also be found at the mumble HQ, but great picture guide
    607 likes this.
  20. we need more people to join mumble, so much quicker to speak to people :D