[COMMUNITY] Mumble With Us!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, May 19, 2014.

1. When I double click it, absolutely nothing happens.
  2. what Operating System and browser are you using?
  3. Windows 8, Chrome.
  4. when you downloaded it, did it show up on the bottom of your browser as downloading?
  5. Yes.
  6. click that
  7. Don't you think I would have done that right after I downloaded it?
    I'm not new to downloading stuff with Chrome.
  8. Oh, umm. Odd, I have no clue at this point
  9. I'd say maybe use firefox and redownload if it doesn't work then I don'y know what to do :p
  10. I figured it out a while ago. I just wanted to see if Darksuperlord would ask if I'd downloaded the correct version.
  11. Honestly, I do not understand why people are so gaga over mumble, ts3 and ventrillo.. :oops: ..Of course, I am unable to use them because my microphone was damaged beyond repair when I had to replace the display on my laptop. But also because talking across room during a LAN party is one thing, but trying to concentrate over a couple, sometimes several people shouting commands over mic makes it severely difficult for me to concentrate on what I am doing, and hence why I cannot progress in Final Fantasy 14.. T-T ..End-game parties tend to make it a requirement.
  12. I'll do this later.
  13. I've been on this a lot last year, the reason why I doubt I will use it again is cause I am always in a skype call :( I'm sorry :')
  14. Really depends on scenario :p As an old time Final Fantasy 11 player, voice chat makes things so much quicker to get things to people. Typing = your not pressing keys moving/fighting etc, where as with voice you can do both.

That's why end game parties require it. Typing is too cumbersome, and for end game in MMO's, leaders arent going to type.

Now for mc, its not so 'required', but still convenient.

Also for anyone connected with 'aikar.co', this is still the same server address. both names point to the same place.
    Parkerjv9 likes this.
  15. Just out of interest. Why do you use Mumble over other options? Personally I think Teamspeak is much better and widely used.
    Lukas3226 and Brennian like this.
  16. When I speak, I hear what I say from the speakers, and then the mic hears it from the speakers and I hear it from the speakers again and so it creates noise and beeps the whole time. (I'm not good enough at English to say something like this >.<)
  17. It's free. We would have to pay for TeamSpeak or Ventrilo.

It also has capabilities to link into the Empire user database if I ever find the time.

Also never was fond of TS. UI just felt so junky, where as mumble is clean and simple.

It's a voice chat program, you don't need a complicated UI, simple wins for voice chat :p

TeamSpeak and Vent are more widely used because they are commercial and advertised.

Mumble is an open source program developed for free, so it doesn't have that same level of advertising.

In order for mumble to grow, it depends on people like us to spread the word about it so people can see: "Hey it does the job its intended to do and its free" and thats all that really matters :p
    Lukas3226, sambish20 and 607 like this.
  18. I use Mumble every now and again, it is great for talking with friends and new voices alike, it has been around for a while and it is pretty simple to use too :) Nice to see a thread about this on top of the Community area mentioning this, thanks Krysyy!
  19. This also has been under the "More" tab for a few months now =P
    southpark347 likes this.
  20. And hidden in the wiki/guide before then