Coin Flip Tournament - Promos, Rupees and other prizes!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by 607, Jul 22, 2018.

?

Exciting idea?

Yes! 22 vote(s) 91.7%
Nah... 1 vote(s) 4.2%
Hm! 1 vote(s) 4.2%
  1. With so many people, this might take over two hours... :eek: But I guess we can speed up if we need to. :p A match doesn't need to take 5 minutes. But it shouldn't go too fast either, as that's not good for the suspense. :p I think that if both people involved aren't in chat, I might go through the match a little quicker. :)
    One day left! (I won't close the sign-ups before the event, the starting bracket will be finalised at the beginning of the stream)
  2. I also think this might be another occasion to write a book for. What do you think? Should places 1st to 3rd win a book written and signed by me? I've done such a thing three or four times before, but I never hear what happens to the books. :p I suppose people like to keep them for themselves.
    Anyway, should I write a new one? :)
  3. I think writing a book is a neat idea! Go for it :)
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  4. I still haven't written the book for my birthday giveaway, though... because I'm still waiting on one of my presents. :rolleyes: But I suppose the order of release doesn't matter much. :) (I could also make a note about it in the book itself)
    luckycordel and MoreMoople like this.
  5. yes!
  6. Surprised by him not yet having joined, I sent haastregt a message.
    It turns out he's without wifi unexpectedly. But he joined the Coin Flip Tournament Discord (by someone else) I mentioned in the OP, and as such I do think he deserves to be entered into this one as well! :)
    Without wifi, he won't be able to watch the stream, but we can root for him regardless. ;)
  7. Reminder: 1 PM EMC time!
    I will post the YouTube link here. If you don't have a YouTube channel with a name you want to use, you can create one in time. :) (some people might have their real name for their channel and not be comfortable with that, I figured)
    I've considered pm'ing people shortly before 1 o'clock, but I don't think it'd help much, frankly.
    MoreMoople and luckycordel like this.
  8. Count me in!
    Edit: ah, I see 607 has veen thoughtfull as always, thanks! ;)
  9. Hey 607 I hit the Subscribe Button, on your YT Channel!:D
    Hopefully I won't miss this one.
  10. Yup, I saw!
    Just two hours left. :3 I was a bit tired from playing organ, but I feel fine again. I think I'll have to stream from the cellar (two floors under ground level), as it'll probably still be too hot upstairs by 7 o'clock. :p
  11. Oh no, during a last test stream, I am having some issues... I've got great wifi connection here (1 meter from the router/modem (always forget how to call it)), but the stream has already disconnected twice.
    I will watch the stream myself on a different device, so I notice when I drop out.
  12. Oh, by the way, subscribing doesn't help, as the stream will be hidden. :) It's only relevant to those reading this thread, so there's no need to stream publicly.
    luckycordel and Smooshed_Potato like this.
  13. [Link edited out after the event until I get it sorted, I might post it again later.]
    Please say something in chat so I have something to talk about, as otherwise it might start quite awkward. ;)
    Smooshed_Potato and luckycordel like this.
  14. Dropping out again for some reason, not sure what's up :/
  15. JeffiGaming won!
    607 likes this.
  16. Had a ton of fun!
  17. That was fun!:D
    Not your fault about youtube lagging out:(
    607 likes this.
  18. Alright, so that was interesting. xD
    For some reason my internet kept dropping out, but fortunately it also kept getting back on. I felt like I didn't do great, but apparently some people still enjoyed it! :D
    Kryarias, Smooshed_Potato and luckycordel stayed for the entirety of the event. Otus checked in at the very beginning, so he gets extra points as well.
    Thanks to you three for staying, if you wouldn't have sent an encouraging message every now and then I would have thought I was wasting my time. ;) But I did actually enjoy it, now, at least whenever I was actually consistently live and not constantly dropping out! :p

I will try to send out the prizes by tomorrow, but I've got to write the book first. ;)
    MoreMoople and luckycordel like this.
  19. I left because it was early morning and I was just going to go get breakfast etc. Sorry!
  20. Oh noooo, I just realised I forgot about you. :(
    I'm honestly glad I didn't realise during the event, as that would make for quite a hard time on stream (I really am ashamed :oops:), but I don't know how I didn't notice while finalising the bracket, as I even talked about it with you in pm... >.<
    I'll give you the prize for participation anyway, but I don't think that compensates for much...
    haastregt, luckycordel and MoreMoople like this.