Coin Flip Tournament - Promos, Rupees and other prizes!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by 607, Jul 22, 2018.

?

Exciting idea?

Yes! 22 vote(s) 91.7%
Nah... 1 vote(s) 4.2%
Hm! 1 vote(s) 4.2%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

Someone in a Discord server I'm in was going to host a coin flip tournament, and I was really excited... but it's taking a while, and there's still no indication of when it will be, except that it won't be too soon. So I'm hosting my own! :D

I'm not sure on the prizes yet, but as I wanted the title to be appealing, I will have to add promos and rupees in there. ;) The 'other prizes' refers to CP, Club Points. The more participants we will get, the more prizes there will be, I'm not intending to only reward the actual winner. I don't want to give away all of my promos and rupees, as if this is a success I will probably host more editions, but I can give away some promos I've got doubles of, only storing them in my vault isn't too fun anyway. ;) And I've got almost half a million rupees!
    There won't be any huge prizes, though, probably: the biggest prize is the fame. ;)

I will use Challonge for keeping track of the tournament's progression, as it is easy to use, looks cool, and most people are used to it.
    I will use random.org for the coin flips, as it's simple and very random (more reliably random than IRL coin flips). I will use any coin I feel like (or people suggest in chat), but only those where I know what's head and what's tails. :p If the coin shows up tails up (the value) the person whose name comes first in the alphabet advances, and the other is out. If the coin shows up heads up (the picture) the person whose name comes second in the alphabet advances, and the other is out.

To join in the tournament, the only thing you need to do is say you want to join! I will enter your name, and you will be in to win prizes. You don't need to be present while the event is actually going on, although of course I hope you will be. ;)

I will stream the actual tournament on Twitch or some other site with viewer interaction. Should be exciting! The date isn't certain yet. It also depends on how quickly people join.

One entry per person.

https://challonge.com/txhz6kfs

This event is over. :)
  2. I want to join! Interesting concept definitely!!
    607 likes this.
  3. Count me in!
    607 likes this.
  4. I was afraid of this, for some reason most people don't like this idea too much. :p But I'm offering prizes, at least, for virtually no effort...

I have decided that regardless of how many people we get, matches are going to be Best out of 5 instead of a single toss. That would make matches more exciting, and otherwise they are very short.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  5. I'll join.
  6. I’ll join! :D
    607 likes this.
  7. I’m in! Hopefully I can watch :D
    607 likes this.
  8. Yay!
    JParsonsX likes this.
  9. Count me in! ^.^
    607 likes this.
  10. I will join as well ;)
    607 likes this.
  11. Interesting, I'd like to join! :)

I've actually never even heard of that site. :p
    607 likes this.
  12. Let me see if I'll join
    *flips coin* heads
    I'm in :p
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  13. I would like to join! Sounds fun :)
    607 likes this.
  14. If theres room still id love to join. Great idea
    607 likes this.
  15. How do I join I want in :p
    607 likes this.
  16. Sure! Sounds fun 607! I will join!
    607 likes this.
  17. Yay, people are signing up! :D
    Thanks for the comments. :)
    Smooshed_Potato and MoreMoople like this.
  18. Sure, why not! lol Sign me up :)
    607 likes this.
  19. I'm considering whether to keep accepting sign-ups, or to cap it at 16 (which is one more). If we have a power of 2, everything depends on the coin flips. Otherwise, some people will start in the next round (however many people are missing until 32), which gives them an advantage. The entire game is dependent on luck, though, and that is too, so it might not be an issue. ;)