{close} [Suggestion]Religion and Minecraft

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by BizzareNate, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. can you give me the coordinates to your golden buddhas when you're done?
  2. Of course not. But it might offend a Christian and would likely offend a lot of Muslims....

Well, then does this mean it's ok to name a character JesusSux? I don't think it would be allowed.
  3. That's blatantly rude. There's a huge difference between a name with a religious figure in it and a name that insults said religious figure.
  4. Proof that EMC needs to lighten up, you couldn't tell I was joking :D
  5. There are two sides to that. One, everyone 'lightens up' and takes everything as a joke. Two, not everything is a joke and things are taken somewhat seriously. Personally, I'll take the second (where we are now).

All times you've said 'lighten up' there have been players that have not understood that you were joking. (And granted, this one at least did not seem like a joke to me.) I suggest adding a "jk" after your posts to show that you were joking.
  6. I think thats accepted ;)
    I found this name randomly so I think its accepted, but just because it offends a person doesn't mean they can start drama over it :)
  7. If we were to avoid anything and everything that could potentially be offensive/intrusive, then the internet would be a desolate place.
  8. Just because one is named JesusPower2 doesn't mean it's like the person religions believe in it could be his name but it most likely if it was his name would be pronounced like the Latin way.
  9. Empire Minecraft is all about inclusion and not exclusion.
    Any advocation for the exclusion of a group due to personal biases is not going to happen on EMC. If players are here playing, having fun and following the rules then we are glad they are here!
  10. Thats a great user name i might use it.
  11. *Jaw drops*
  12. what it is
  13. Well ok, so long as everybody is willing to play by the same rules (and it looks like they are) I guess that's fair.
  14. I'm a very religious Muslim myself and I am not offended by this. I just don't want to see my beliefs be insulted, and this is not insulting in any manner. However, the American public is greatly deceived by the media. Allah (God) has forbade the killing of others, he has forbade forcing people to convert, it's just bad people framin a religion to justify their actions.

Please don't start a flame war.
  15. Go ahead! We accept any and all religions, as we are not a discriminating community. Please, I welcome you to use all of your gold blocks to make a golden Buddha statue.

I understand that you do not like the outcome of your post. You were hoping to get someone to agree with you, or to stir up strife with one of the players in which freely expresses their religion. I advise you to not post anything like this again. Anything can cause drama or problems will not be tolerated.

I do, however, thank you for bringing this up; I am glad that this issue has been brought to my attention. Freedom of Religion. Ahh, what a wonderful thing. Ever hear the song? "What a Wonderful World"? Listen to it. Just enjoy the game, please.

That is all it is. It's literally just a game. This isn't real life, this is a virtual world in which you build and/or adventure. Not hassle other players about your dislikes and bad opinions.
  16. I consider my self religious :)
    Galantisizer likes this.
  17. Totally anti-American.

Honestly though; why are you getting upset about this? Some people just don't want religion splashed everywhere. Not denying any rights or anything over the top like you're thinking of. I'm not overly keen on a lot America has done, yet I play EMC. So yeah, please stop mixing a private business, a country, religion and politics.
    Penguinub, Empire_Rule, Kyzoy and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.