{close} [Suggestion]Religion and Minecraft

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by BizzareNate, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well... a lot of EMC players aren't American.. just saying :D
  2. It's hosted in the United States.
  3. Oh, Jaysus...
    Please stop typing stuff like this everywhere you go. It makes you look foolish.
    I believe in things I say regarding politics, religion, my dislikes about the US, and more. I'm a leftie, you're a rightie - like a lot of Americans here. I'm from the country (its successor, at least) America fought to become independent (let's just forget the UK and US are allies for a second :p). I'm also an atheist, I believe religion creates more evil than it does good, I'm from a largely secular country in a fairly secular continent, and my ideal world would be from religion. I'm obviously 'anti-American' to you, then. So... why am I on an American server? Because I shouldn't have to love America or its laws, its constitution, and what have you to play here. There's people all over the world here, many of them may even hate America's guts. That doesn't mean they shouldn't come here.
  4. Does that make Manchildie an American? :p
  5. America did not defeat Britian. America AND Frace defeated Britain. Please stop with this American propaganda. We all know America isn't perfect, as well as you. This is almost as bad as the media. Please just stop. (I'm American born BTW)
  6. Same goes for 'pro-America' and 'screw everybody else'.
    You were losing the war until France and Spain realised they could cash in on the war and get back at Great Britain for beating them in loads of wars.
    nfell2009 and L3A8 like this.
  7. You broke away with the help of France. Europe had a lot of freedoms before America was even a line on the world map. The UK has Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech. America is not special in any shape or form for its so called freedoms. The constitution is outdated and idiotic in what it allows. Oh by the way, it can be changed and has been changed. It isn't set in stone from when it was created.

If you want to continue losing this argument just PM me. I won't reply to this with anymore off-topic posts.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  8. Hate to "butt in".

Lance, you are attempting to speak for a very big majority of people here on EMC. I am from the United States, and I support my country but I do not have a problem with people who "hate christians", if that is their mind set so be it, I am not going to attempt to change it. Personally, I think he posted without thinking I doubt he had any plan on being "Anti-American" or actually insulting anyone in general.

You outlined "freedom of speech" in your comment, yet you are condemning him for using his freedom.
  9. Sorry, I have just heard Christians say that before, whether it be at a church or in public. "Oh, we aren't religious, we're spiritual," they'd say. Just thought that some Christians here thought that.
  10. "Anti-Americanism" is hostility towards the United States as a country, saying that you do not like a religion being publicized that the US hosts a large majority of is not "Anti-American".
  11. I know I said I wouldn't, but hey ho; America doesn't even have an official religion.
    SoulPunisher and Erektus like this.
  12. Okay, so I'm American and I have no clue why this belongs here. I have a problem with people who hate other people in general, but again the whole "American" thing really has no place in this thread.

On topic though, I'm atheist and I think the original post is absolutely ridiculous. I didn't really want to give an actual response to this, but it's continued on so I may as well. People like the op make atheists look like jerks. My family is religious; heck, my son is even religious. The only issue we have is that everyone needs to be a little bit more tolerant. As an atheist, a name with "Jesus" in it or a cross in the wild would mean absolutely nothing to me. It is the furthest thing from offensive in my opinion. I have never seen anyone try to shove a religion down anyone's throat on here. There's even a guy on here, whose name I can't recall, that has a church and has hosted church services in the past. If anything, I find that interesting and I've thought about attending before just to see what his opinions were. The world would be a boring place if everyone believed the same thing, did the same thing, said the same things, and lived the same way.
  13. because I didn't see this mentioned, the "jesusdoescocaine" player most likely would be banned if they still played. looks to me like they signed in once, played for an hour, then left and never came back.

that name wouldn't be accepted and neither would "Jesussux"
    Penguinub likes this.
  14. Thank you. We Americans are stuck up in being the perfect nation. You support freedom, good for you! Newsflash, Americans literally have almost no freedom because of the Patriot Act and the NSA. Besides, what will reading an outdated document no one follows prove to me?
  15. This thread has gone very off topic. Please take it back on topic and keep it polite or it will be shut down.

Thanks

EB
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.