Chickeneer's 2019 AMA*/random discussions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chickeneer, Jun 3, 2019.

?

Which chicken sound do you prefer?

cluck 4 vote(s) 11.8%
cock-a-doodle-do 9 vote(s) 26.5%
bah-gawk 7 vote(s) 20.6%
cha-caw 2 vote(s) 5.9%
bawk-bawk 4 vote(s) 11.8%
puk-puk--pukaaak 8 vote(s) 23.5%
  1. Which staff member is better at breaking a smp?
    chickeneer likes this.
  2. Uh... Fortunately, we are not keeping track. But it is possible that I have been involved in the most number of server crashes. Not always the cause, but I seem to be around most of the time.
    607, Jaqque_r0x, Krysyy and 1 other person like this.
  3. What is your favorite in game "prank"? One you've done, or had done to you (story time!)
    chickeneer likes this.
  4. One of my favorites. While in vanish. Is to stand near players and trigger explosions (tnt) sounds. And other weird MC sound effects. The minecraft sound library can create some super weird sounds.
    It is entertaining at the least. I don't think I have horribly upset anyone with it.
    607, Jaqque_r0x, MoreMoople and 3 others like this.
  5. You can get a pilots license as a teenager? Also, my question is what are the most difficult roadblocks slowing down 1.13 and 1.14?
    607, Jaqque_r0x and chickeneer like this.
  6. Are you heavier than a duck? Can you fit inside of a breadbox?
  7. What's your favourite type of squid?
    chickeneer likes this.
  8. If you could choose any career that isn't math- or programming-related, what would you choose and why? Also, do you think you'll keep teaching math or would you like to move into a programming job down the road?
  9. It was the 60s/70s. It would have been a small aircraft.

The biggest roadblock, is that the 1.13 release from Mojang was never stable. It is my understanding that 1.14 will be significantly more stable.

I am heavier than a duck. I cannot fit in a breadbox. And I am not an actual chicken...
  10. Giant squid? Idk, never have interacted with a squid before.

I have contemplated whether I would have taken an engineering path through college. I wouldn't backtrack on that now though. Too much work - tired of taking classes.
    And idk. Will continue teaching for many more years, but I have no idea if I will retire in the profession; too early to tell. Would be nice to get some freelance programming income on the side.
    607 likes this.
  11. In the United States, you can get your pilot's license for powered aircraft at 17 and begin doing solo flights in powered aircraft at 16 :)

What has been one of the most challenging projects you've worked on for EMC?
    chickeneer likes this.
  12. I don't really have an answer for this. Everything is a new challenge. Speaking generally, it is tends to be significantly more difficult when I work with new code that I didn't write it never worked with before. A good example would be the internal server code.
    607 and jacob5089 like this.
  13. What's one of the things about being a dev that we (the masses) would find surprising, or something that people just don't think about regarding dev work?
    607 and chickeneer like this.
  14. I don't know what you all think. So this may not come as a surprise.
    But dev work is difficult when you are tired. It is very thought intensive, so if you cannot focus on intense thought, you probably can't dev at that time
    607 and Jaqque_r0x like this.
  15. How many new heads will be available?
    Will the Presidential Pen ever be 'fixed' to actually do damage?

Have you worked with Tensor Analysis (if so, on Manifolds)? What did you like/dislike about working with such [If you didn't (and even if you did), what was the worst math class you took and why was it as so?]?
  16. Heads? I don't know what you are talking about.

I also don't understand your question in regards to the Presidential Pen. I know it has the issue with the max hearts not stacking with other items. But I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't do damage.

I have not worked with Tensor Analysis. A smidge with manifolds. I don't really form like/dislike opinions if I can avoid it (such as in this case). My roughest math class experience had to be "Field Theory" which worked towards Galois groups. I wasn't able to give the class sufficient attention, so I struggled.
  17. Mob drop heads: Which new ones will there be and how many?

The Presidential Pen (through testing) doesn't live up to its enchantment level and live up to it being a diamond sword. It does something like 1/2 a heart of damage, coincidentally the same amount of health you get from it.
    Jaqque_r0x and chickeneer like this.
  18. Definitely will add the new mobs. Otherwise idk.

And interesting on the pen. At the soonest, would be fixed in 1.14, as it is a server issue
    607 and Jaqque_r0x like this.
  19. do you like waffles? im summing you like the chickens petting zoe
    Jaqque_r0x and chickeneer like this.
  20. As someone who is going to be studying to become a History + English teacher in September (will hopefully be teaching both in Germany by 2023/2024)...

What is your favourite and least favourite thing about teaching?
    607, chickeneer and liamwill like this.