[Chaotic] Old waste: "I'll bet ya 50r...."

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShelLuser, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What: Shell's most ad-hoc event yet

I used to do this for fun, but why not try and turn this into an event?

See... Several players tend to complaint about the long time it takes for the waste to reset and in all fairness: I know where you're coming from. I really do. "Back in the days" I used to dig out mines and apply teleport signs for easier access because.. easier (not on EMC mind you).

But in all fairness: it may seem like the waste is old and stale, fact of the matter is that there's still tons to collect out there.

SO I will bet you 500r that I shall get xx spoils from the outpost. For every player who enters obviously.

How does this work?

Obviously this is a biased event, but.. in favor of the players.

I will pick a random outpost on a random server of my random choosing (got a headache yet?)? I shall dig out the area right around the outpost and those spoils will determine the winner.

So:

I'll bet you guys 500r per person that I can get 20 coal blocks, 10 redstone blocks and 1 diamond block from digging around no further than 5 blocks out from the outpost (= the protected area).

But what do I do?!

If you agree that I can do this you will win 500r if I meet my goal (every player).
    If you disagree that I can do this you will win 500r if I do not meet my goal (same as above).

That sounds legit (not!)

The server shall be drawn in random, the waste outpost same thing (from nw to se). I'll (try to) bring a judge and we'll soon see what happens next.

For the record: the amounts I mentioned above? Totally made up. I think it's doable but in all honesty: I don't know for sure. Right now (time of writing) I'm thinking more about fun event than "how am I going to pay for this".

Limited time!

The waste reset is going to happen soon, so... entries for this event will end 8th of January 5PM (17:00) EMC time. Short notice, I know, but.. that's 11PM here which should give me enough time to actually perform the mining operation in due time (I am keeping a small delay in mind).

BUMP

Summing up:

Do you think I can mine no more than 5 blocks out from the protected areas of a randomly chosen outpost and still get (in total / at least):
    • 20 coal blocks
    • 10 redstone blocks
    • 1 diamond block
    If you think so say "Yes" in response to this post.
    If you do not think so: say "No" in response.

So when I meet the goal every "yes" will win 500r, if I do not meet it.. the nays will have it.

And the goal of this? Fun of course. It will be a fun way to showcase just how many stuff there still is lying around in the frontier WASTE (sorry!) and right before our very eyes.
  2. Wait... What pickaxe are you using?

Eh, I still think you can do it without any fortune! You really only need to find diamonds once; and it's all the way around... But 20 coal blocks and 10 redstone... EHHHH... I'm sure you can get a diamond block...
    Yeah, I'll say NOOOO just to counter Smooshed_Potato.
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  3. yes, because ive done this before in the frontier for funzies and the frontier is much much older around outposts
    607 likes this.
  4. I'm gonna go with yes, I believe in you Shel!
  5. I'm gonna say no.
  6. Imma say yeah. I believe!

And yeah, the waste is honestly still fruitful. I ran out today and got over 3 stacks of sponges from over 4 temples in a few unexplored wastelands. After what, six months? People stop searching too quickly!
  7. Thanks

Also, I said yes so I win if you don’t make it or do make it?
  8. little hint, use a silk pick, makes ore take up less slots then fort 5 dat beast
  9. I did your challenge though I started at spawn and went outward 40 blocks for 20 minutes of mining and this was my ore count after.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  10. DANG! Oh, that's twenty blocks. I'll keep my answer. ;) Nice job though!
  11. Good question!

I'll be using the tools which I'm always using: my voters gear. So full voters armor, voter (diamond) tools and of course a shulker box to keep my spoils in.

To be honest I'm a little worried about the diamond, that might be a bit far fetched but one way to find out. And I might even find a creative way around it.

If you say 'yes' then you think I'll make this. So when I bring in at least the above amount. If you say 'no' then you don't think I'll make it.

Cool, thanks for sharing! At least that makes me more confident about the option to find diamonds down there :)
    607 likes this.
  12. I say you won’t be able to do it.
  13. Have fun my friend and while I am not going to take in the betting side of this little challenge of yours there is almost certainly good stuff left to mine even next to each spawn. Taking in to account a chunk is 256 blocks (16*16) then 5 by 60 each side of the outpost (I am not exactly sure on this but it is close) = 300 *4 = 1200 or 4-5 total chunks. Saying that you don't hit bad luck of 4 sides of water on the selected outpost you should get more like 400-500 coal, 300-400 iron 100-125 redstone, 25-40 gold and 10-15 of both lapis and diamonds... NOTE: also that if you luck in to a biome with emeralds you stand to get 12-20. These are using pure averages per chunk mind you.

More importantly, reset of waste is to ease specific choice materials and harder to get items or "close" dig sites. EG: smp1 north was a mesa, which was hit very hard. So while your test is perfectly fine and overall very accurate it does not help with things like nether fortresses, dragon, elytra or shulkers. ...and while you are doing that right next to a spawing area, the fact is likely further out from that much of the "main" miners tunnel systems exist. In the overworld, 10-15 is used quite a bit (more like 11-13 but some do a tad lower and others a tad higher) and then tunneling in the nether is actually a more dangerous task so the re-addition of surface nether quartz is a welcomed site.

Oh and not to wine, but the smp1 nether (all the locations) stunk this last time compared with the prior reset. There was just way to much floating areas making it hard to dig out without fear of into the lava dropping. Part of the game though I get it.
  14. yes easily there is still so much out there people overlook the areas close to spawn in the waste
  15. Yes. If you don't get all this, then I'll pay everyone who said 'No' a thousand rupees.
  16. Pretty positive you will be able to do this. :)
  17. What the heck. If he gets it, everyone who says yes gets 1k from me.
  18. get crackin! only a few hours left!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.