Captcha is dumb.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AmusedStew, May 3, 2015.

1. Which is why I said "the train left the station" lol

...I also noticed a lot of these have to do with Minecraft, strangely enough

i.e. the rail tracks Ultimamaxx mentioned (rails are craftable in Minecraft)
    and stained glass, another thing also found in Minecraft
    Also, castles are much larger than houses, and don't have slanted roofs but are more visually like long walls with towers on each side, but they're both man-made living structures so I could see how easily people could get the two mixed up (and are both still buildable in Minecraft in many different ways).

My 2 cents: these captchas are actually a great idea, and they work - I mean, if you play any Minecraft at all, you should be able to get these right at least 99% of the time. ;P
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  2. I was looking through some old photography threads and I saw that BedfordFamily posted this as one of her photos
    Edit:Not quite the same pic but for a minute I thought it was xD

Attached Files:

3. She went to the same bowling alley! :eek:
  4. Yeah since topg switched to the super annoying captcha I have lost my voting bonus twice. You can make captchas and "bot" workarounds without making the most annoying captcha ever seen. Also, did you know that google is using captchas to "learn" their AI system? There are a lot of people that think that one day machines will rule this planet and even that it only makes sense... doesn't make much sense to me but I'm not an almighty machine so what does that matter? lol.
  5. Yeah, I'd expect them doing that :p Google keeps making their AI better, so they can understand speech, read handwriting... while the old captchas relied on spoken words and distorted writing :p That's why they keep changing and getting more tedious, just because Google and other people keep making their machines better at solving those things.
  6. CaptureCapture.PNG
    ;)

I got this one right :p
  7. The crocodile thing. Birds and cats are considered different things in the stupid captcha. :p
    607, Gawadrolt and hashhog3000 like this.
  8. The way I figure it, animals fit into these categories:
    Fish/Marine Animals - Underwater
    Cats - Cats
    Dogs - Dogs
    Birds - Birds
    Humans - People

Other - Wild Animals
  9. I also shared this in "another" thread but heck, this seems ontopic as well...

Sometimes those captcha's read your mind, I'm sure:

This was on a Saturday evening, the only evening when I enjoy a certain beverage :)
    607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  10. Well done my young grasshopper.
    ShelLuser, ww2fan168 and AmusedStew like this.
  11. I feel your pain
  12. The only problem with the captcha is that the images are very tiny. and that makes it sometimes hard to see what a picture need to be. But so far it works fine. most annoying are websites where you need to dig true 3-4 pages before you can finely vote. So i stay with only the upper 2. because the webpage is user friendly.
  13. There's only one where you need to click twice, and there are none where you need to click 3/4 times, so I don't know where you got that from.
  14. I feel bad for you guys, I've never had a confusing captcha, or I could at least figure it out pretty easily :p
  15. Ok, the have changed things again. it seems 2 clicks is enough this days.
    607 likes this.