cant download IE9. plz help.

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by _Ziip, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Its the same code, it just displays html slightly differently in a lot of cases. Also its javsacript engine is not similar to others. In fact this is the same with all browsers. You have to test in all browsers because something wont always work in Chrome if you wrote it in Firefox. The difference is that IE browsers behave ALOT differently to the other browsers.
  2. If your not coding your HTML and CSS by hand your doing it wrong :)
  3. Also something we've failed to bring up is security, Internet explorer, Is by far, as secure as a box with 50£ in it with a big sign saying DO NOT TAKE! in the middle of the high street.
  4. Web development is not my speciality but I do code my CSS by hand because no software is good enough for the coding side but there are some good programs for the HTML side and layout because HTML is so basic.
  5. Security is not something I know much about in IE but I always persume it is prety high because it is made by Microsoft and they know their OS inside out.
  6. I think IE has been hacked every time at PWN2OWN whereas chrome has only been hacked once.
  7. Microsoft? Aren't those the guys who made XBOX360?

I heard they can test and repair the xbox that just doesn't start up you sent in for repairs just by staring at it for two minutes!
  8. I have not used Internet Explorer since Google Chrome came out! Why would you want to use it? Most websites can't run on it, its slow, it freezes 99% of the time, and the layout of websites look strange! :confused:

5 words: Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  9. Do you have a good computer? Do you have 64 bit? Do you have IE9?
  10. Yup they made xbox and did a great job at it! :)
  11. So stupid, either use Firefox or Chrome IE SUCKS. PERIOD. IF YOU WANT IE YOU ARENT VERY BRIGHT.
  12. Guys I think cube got it fixed and this has become a flame war.
    Now google chrome is good for everything in my opinion, and can run a LOT of tabs and stuff such a that open at once. Now ie is pretty meh because it is hard to code even in HTML! It is slow and bulky. It is good if you have an already slow computer sinc with doesn't change that much. Also if you need some browser for pirating ir is not good.
  13. Are you running windows 7? as it only works on windows 7 machines
  14. Source: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/th...-of-Internet-Explorer-9-for-Windows-7-SP1-x86

Let me know if it works. If it doesn't, I will look for another possible solution.
  15. The HTML in IE is no different to any other browser (not significantly anyway). As d1223m pointed out the JavaScript behaves slightly differently but it does in all browsers.
    *sigh* if only Bill Gates could see this thread. :(
  16. i have a windows 7, 64 bit laptop (it's a RV520)
  17. Actually they didnt:) they made a system that gets hot enough in a cold basement out in the open to melt the solder and make the chip lose its connection:) thats some quality machine you have right there!!:) also, you cant put your own hdd inside it so your stuck with a small amount of space:) also, it comes with a controller that needs a $20 wireless adapter to use on pc? Why cant i use my play n charge kit? Its because microsoft tries to make its products (minus Windows) impossible for other companies to work with so that they can keep all the profit!:) i once read an article about how an editor for an gaming website dropped his xbox 360 on his way into his office, and its case was destroyed and the contents inside all cracked or fell apart. Then the guy dropped a ps3 to see what tge outcome would be. It had an inch dent in its corner from a 4 foot drop, and it worked perfectly:) both systems are fun and each has their pros and cons when it comes to ge selections, but when it comes to overall quality, ps3 is the clear winner:) im not even going to go into bluray:) i have both systems and a gaming pc, so i have lots of experience with both consoles:)
  18. dont get me started with PS3... -_-
  19. Why not?;) and we should be able to agree that the wii has nothing on either, since motion controls arent "hardcore" gaming:)
  20. Windows 7, 64-bit, and yes I do have IE9, I hate it. So I uninstalled it. The only reason why dad uses it is because my brother and sister download viruses onto it and one deactivated firefox and chrome for him.