cant download IE9. plz help.

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by _Ziip, Jun 2, 2012.

1. If IE9 is not working for you then that is 1 good reason to get Goggle Chrome!
    B4DMAN5IMON, nnnnmc1 and FlevasGR like this.
  2. Cube, The reason IE9 isn't installing is well, Because it's Internet Explorer, IE is an acronym for Inferior engine, Seriously Switch to Google Chrome, You'll be so much happier.
  3. Unless they make it so IE wont lag every 5 seconds and freeze up, go to Chrome.

*Edit* I just tried IE on my computer, and it doesn't lag THAT bad for me. I still wont switch over to it, but its not as bad as I thought.
  4. What OS are you on? IE9 is not for XP.
    If you are on Vista/7: Download the redistributable package here
    Just select which OS you are on and hit download. Run the executable. If there are errors on install or if it simply doesn't install for you, please post your IE9_main.log from your Windows directory.

Other recommendations in this MS KB here, but if your install from above errors out, the log should tell us why.
  5. @ Everybody, regardless of what browser you prefer, it is best practice to keep IE up to date, as LOTS of applications rely on it's open com object... meaning that even if you don't use it, a lot of your applications do.
    If you hate IE, that is more reason to keep it up to date since you likely understand that there are lots of new vulnerabilities popping up all the time that need to be fixed.
  6. Step 1. Uninstall IE
    Step 2. Uninstall IE
    If steps 1 and 2 don't work repeat.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  7. You do realize that uninstalling IE is not a simple task right? Also anything that relies on the IE com object will stop working as well.
  8. Guys, don't you realize that he needs IE9 so he can download a better browser? Without IE, how can he get Firefox OR Chrome? :eek:
  9. he has IE7 already, doesn't he?
    IcecreamCow and jkjkjk182 like this.
  10. Can get an email with it, or a new browser setup on a friends usb?:)
  11. incorrect.

The com object stays around, only the browser shell is removed.
    I removed IE when I used windows >_> and it is simple once you get to the correct GUI Window.
    LZBZ_DW likes this.
  12. It means Firefox is BEAST and you don't want to get IE9.
  13. Oh, wasn't aware, I figured the com object got updated with IE. Well with that in mind, I guess I don't see a reason to keep it around :) Thanks for the knowledge.
  14. LoL. this thread made my day.
    B4DMAN5IMON and IcecreamCow like this.
  15. evrybody STOP telling me to download other stuped web providers im sticking with google
  16. Good, Google chrome is so much better then internet explorer.
  17. Troll?
  18. I think he's a little confused.
  19. Means get better and use Google Chrome by Google for Google